Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Cashless society

I went to a brew bar yesterday (craft beer brewery with meals) and noticed a change, they accept cash again. About 18 months ago they went cashless, me and my mates changed our visits from regular to every blue moon. I asked one of the owners what made them decide to accept cash again, it was the drop in over the counter sales and attendance which was putting pressure on the food side. They originally thought that handling cash was a hassle, balancing the till, banking, and making sure there was enough change. But after the 28 month experience they found that the slight inconvenience was better than the 20+% sales drop.

I believe that to allow all transactions to be tracable would mean you believe and trust emphatically that Governments and Banks and all those other people in the dimly lit rooms looking at computer screens through their cigarette smoke have your best interests at heart.
Yes I know "do no wrong and have nothing to fear" and if you believe that then you have yet to work out there is no Tooth Fairy.

bux

Just read this on Facebook -

1715558025198.png

π“π‘πž π“πšπ± 𝐏𝐨𝐞𝐦
Tax his land, tax his wage,
Tax his bed in which he lays.

Tax his tractor, tax his mule,
Teach him taxes is the rule.

Tax his cow, tax his goat,
Tax his pants, tax his coat.

Tax his ties, tax his shirts,
Tax his work, tax his dirt.

Tax his chew, tax his smoke,
Teach him taxes are no joke.

Tax his car, tax his grass,
Tax the roads he must pass.

Tax his food, tax his drink,
Tax him if he tries to think.

Tax his sodas, tax his beers,
If he cries, tax his tears.

Tax his bills, tax his gas,
Tax his notes, tax his cash.

Tax him good and let him know
That after taxes, he has no dough.

If he hollers, tax him more,
Tax him until he’s good and sore.

Tax his coffin, tax his grave,
Tax the sod in which he lays.

Put these words upon his tomb,
β€œTaxes drove me to my doom!”

And when he’s gone, we won’t relax,
We’ll still be after the inheritance tax.

-Author unknown.

Just read this on Facebook -

View attachment 176775

π“π‘πž π“πšπ± 𝐏𝐨𝐞𝐦
Tax his land, tax his wage,
Tax his bed in which he lays.

Tax his tractor, tax his mule,
Teach him taxes is the rule.

Tax his cow, tax his goat,
Tax his pants, tax his coat.

Tax his ties, tax his shirts,
Tax his work, tax his dirt.

Tax his chew, tax his smoke,
Teach him taxes are no joke.

Tax his car, tax his grass,
Tax the roads he must pass.

Tax his food, tax his drink,
Tax him if he tries to think.

Tax his sodas, tax his beers,
If he cries, tax his tears.

Tax his bills, tax his gas,
Tax his notes, tax his cash.

Tax him good and let him know
That after taxes, he has no dough.

If he hollers, tax him more,
Tax him until he’s good and sore.

Tax his coffin, tax his grave,
Tax the sod in which he lays.

Put these words upon his tomb,
β€œTaxes drove me to my doom!”

And when he’s gone, we won’t relax,
We’ll still be after the inheritance tax.

-Author unknown.
@JohnDe How true

In the same league, for country music lovers, discovered it this morning: US but can apply as well here

Enjoy the lyric
Funny thing is that in 2024, taking care of the people is being right wing, loving cash is only for extreme tax avoiders or extreme nationalists, and the former Vietnam war university protesters of the 70s are sending billions to Ukraine and applying sciences to Covid or CC is denied as flat earth conspiracy.. the irony seems lost ..

In the same league, for country music lovers, discovered it this morning: US but can apply as well here

Apologies, a bit going off topic. Chris (his real name) hit the big time with this song about six months ago. This German girl, Ayla has done some mixes with the fiddle like this on a few of his songs, with checking out.

She actually played with him on his European tour... I farkin love it

Same old recycled country music themes, I prefer Johnny Cash's version of the theme, how can this artist say that's troubles are caused by living in the "New World" when Johnny cash wrote a similar song 50 years ago, and others 50 years before that.

Some one does need to explain to these sad sack country music folk that they don't have to stay on one side of the system, they can steadily buy into the index and be both a wage earner and a capitalist, But I guess thats not as fun as drinking your wages, and whinging :rolleyes:

My favourite take on the theme is Dolly Parton's version though, at least its got a catchy tune and doesn't have the whinging tone of that red head with a beard.

Last edited:
I am not sure that this video is of any interest but what maybe relevant to this thread is from about the 19 minute mark in the video.

All the best

bux

@qldfrog

I think this video might explain why you see the world the way you do.

And works exactly the same your way!
You can deny facts unsuited to your view in the same way I can emphasise (sp?) them too much.
The world is not DisneyLand..but indeed if you keep visiting attraction parks, living in cruises and not travelling in inconvenient truth areas, it looks so much like it that in effect it is..
Only (true) data can be objective .and even so it is easy to biaise analysis.
I just know that based on sciences, the CO2 CC is a scam, that Pfizer jab has killed hundreds of thousands of people who never needed it in the first place, that Ukraine is not black and white, etc etc and that believing a western government story be it economical, political is as farcical as trusting Putin or Xi.
So I use my own judgement and have a critical first view..which was called scientific approach before sciences turned into marketing department...

You can deny facts unsuited to your view in the same way I can emphasise (sp?) them too much.
The world is not DisneyLand..but indeed if you keep visiting attraction parks, living in cruises and not travelling in inconvenient truth areas, it looks so much like it that in effect it is..
I just know that based on sciences, the CO2 CC is a scam, that Pfizer jab has killed hundreds of thousands of people who never needed it in the first place, that Ukraine is not black and white, etc etc and that believing a western government story be it economical, political is as farcical as trusting Putin or Xi.
So I use my own judgement and have a critical first view..which was called scientific approach before sciences turned into marketing department...
And no, I do not believe government inflation figures😊 be it Oz or US

I ignore data not liable to accurate now others can call that data anything you like but I will still be cynical until it looks close to reality

An informative trip to the bank today. It has been a couple of months since the last time I banked the business cash, most of our transactions are direct debit or card so I just hang onto the cash until I feel like going.

First, I found out that my branch had moved to a bigger office. They have tripled in size, and when I walked in there was four tellers accepting cash deposits. I haven't seen that since the 90's. There was also 4 ATMs on the inside, with people lining up to withdraw their cash from the new bigger and louder machines.

Second, for the first time ever, I was asked for photo ID to deposit cash was told that the rules had changed from $10,000 to $5000 and above. I always thought that the rule was only for withdrawal of $10,000, I have never had to show ID for depositing $10,000+ before.

Third, I was speaking to the bank manager and asked him why so busy, he told me that they still accept cash deposits from any account holder regardless of which branch they are from, whereas some of the competition only accepted cash deposits from branch account holders.

I'm still not sure of the information I just gathered.

Looks like the local drug dealers will now only accept EFTPOS and bitcoin payments :p

Yes, and confirmation bias is something I constantly work to avoid

Hahaha, I literally just sent the last month travelling across the USA into lots of back water areas, of course I love cruising and theme parks too, but they are not the limit of my thinking and experiences.

HAHAHA, yes this is what I mean, you are watching to much Sky and Fox News, your head is so cabbaged up on the issues all you can see and believe is the things that go along with your own pre existing cynical thoughts, I have a lot of experience with people that think like you, my own father for example.

I ignore data not liable to accurate now others can call that data anything you like but I will still be cynical until it looks close to reality
You mean sceptical I think.

Scepticism is a healthy way of treating facts, it means you seek to verify and not always accept things until you receive a level of verification based on its importance.

But, Cynicism is a different thing, rather than seeking to verify a cynic will often be plagued with confirmation Bias, as they seek information that preserves their negative view of things and distrust of people, you see this in the climate change deniers, they will claim the science is false and that the scientists must be motivated by self interest.