Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Australia Day

There is one thing for sure, this inclusiveness that Albo is pushing, is becoming the most dividing issue in Australia and is becoming the Albatross around his neck IMO.

It is a shame really, but the very reason Australia is thought of in such high esteem around the World is due to our wickedly pizz taking sense of humour, mateship and never say die attitude, that is what is being torn down IMO and I don't think people are liking it. The elite's are loving it, but the real ockers are over it, from what I'm seeing at the grass roots level.

Being PC is probably the most un Australian attribute an Aussie can have, it is more a pommie trait and what Aussies took the pizz out of them for, now the Government is trying to ram it down their throats I just can't see it working for them.

Maybe that's why there is very little talk about the 'Voice' and now the tax backflip (which I personally think is great), the internal polling must be showing some horrible numbers.
Those just having a crack and giving it a fair go, are getting fed up with hearing how bad they are and how special everyone else is. :wheniwasaboy:

I would never have thought Albo would be a one term Govt, but things are certainly sliding.
Woolies currently has Easter stuff out already, from what I heard is celebrating Chinese new year and pushes Halloween. They then claim it's about the food aspect. Umm Australia day is BBQ and booze day.

I suspect organisations that constantly hammer big business with their insane bs probably got a hold.

Woolies currently has Easter stuff out already, from what I heard is celebrating Chinese new year and pushes Halloween. They then claim it's about the food aspect. Umm Australia day is BBQ and booze day.

I suspect organisations that constantly hammer big business with their insane bs probably got a hold.
I think Woolies is trying anything to stop the loss of customers, my wife says they are pricing themselves out of business, Aldi over here is tearing them another one.
The Son and DIL travel 60km into Bunbury to Aldi to shop once a week and reckon they save $220 over shopping at Woolies in Collie.
I think Woolies is miss reading the audience, it will be interesting to see if the 'elite' CEO, has connected with the working class customers. :xyxthumbs

Anyone think it's a coincidence that Woolies and CA cancelled Australia Day. One has a Sth African CEO then other a Pom...

Seeing the Invasion Day and River to the Sea protests conflate today is vexing. I'm vexed.

There is one thing for sure, this inclusiveness that Albo is pushing, is becoming the most dividing issue in Australia and is becoming the Albatross around his neck IMO.

It is a shame really, but the very reason Australia is thought of in such high esteem around the World is due to our wickedly pizz taking sense of humour, mateship and never say die attitude, that is what is being torn down IMO and I don't think people are liking it. The elite's are loving it, but the real ockers are over it, from what I'm seeing at the grass roots level.

Being PC is probably the most un Australian attribute an Aussie can have, it is more a pommie trait and what Aussies took the pizz out of them for, now the Government is trying to ram it down their throats I just can't see it working for them.

Maybe that's why there is very little talk about the 'Voice' and now the tax backflip (which I personally think is great), the internal polling must be showing some horrible numbers.
Those just having a crack and giving it a fair go, are getting fed up with hearing how bad they are and how special everyone else is. :wheniwasaboy:

I would never have thought Albo would be a one term Govt, but things are certainly sliding.
From my perspective Airbus has already slid through the hole in the bucket and falling down further.
Those that I talk to and mainly Laborites can't wait to see the back of him. B
ut what hope is there because the choices on either side of the fence aren't that flash.

I think Woolies is trying anything to stop the loss of customers, my wife says they are pricing themselves out of business, Aldi over here is tearing them another one.
The Son and DIL travel 60km into Bunbury to Aldi to shop once a week and reckon they save $220 over shopping at Woolies in Collie.
I think Woolies is miss reading the audience, it will be interesting to see if the 'elite' CEO, has connected with the working class customers. :xyxthumbs
I am banned from the shopping ailes by She who is never wrong. made sure of that in the first week of marriage.
She won't go near Woolies and gives Coles very little. More leaning towards IGA down the Hill. Locally owned independents who want your business and actually have real live people on the checkouts.

Anyone think it's a coincidence that Woolies and CA cancelled Australia Day. One has a Sth African CEO then other a Pom...

Seeing the Invasion Day and River to the Sea protests conflate today is vexing. I'm vexed.
Unbelieveable. Pity Sam K the Lamb Man isn't sprouting how much he hates this "Australia stinks".

It's Australia Day Friday 26th = Public Holiday so no ASX

(Found this elsewhere and thought it was SO Australian... I'll see myself out..:))

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

200.gif

Says it all . Just slightly jumbled up.

“No-One Can Stop Me Celebrating the Anniversary of Captain Cook’s 334 Not Out Against the Advancing Japanese Troops at Gallipoli”

Man-with-Australian-flag-SS-scaled.jpg

OPINION: There’s been a fair bit of talk about moving the date of Australia Day recently. But these people don’t have any idea what they’re messing with. 26th January is sacred. Mark my words, it ‘aint moving.

Do all the complaining you want. But buggered if you’ll stop me celebrating Cooko’s triple century against a full-strength Japanese attack on a deteriorating Gallipoli wicket in ‘44-‘45.

It was the making of this country. Bob Hawke gave the nation a day off to celebrate. And yet here we are, trying to mess with it.

For those Australians, or should I say unAustralians, who don’t like it, it’s time for some truth bombs. Gallipoli is one of the toughest grounds to play in the world. They don’t call it ‘The Kokoda Track’ for nothing.

A three month journey on a tall sailing ship to get there. Uncovered wickets in those days as well. And despite everything that was thrown at him, our captain – Captain Cook – stood firm. Stood up, in fact, and said ‘No! We won’t pay our gold mining licence fee just because you tell us to’.

It was a turning point. An uprising. It forged the character of this nation. As Ned Kelly famously said about the game at the time, “I come from the land down under”.

But of course these whingers wouldn’t know that because they don’t study history. Don’t know the significance of that day. Don’t understand the blood that was spilled. And they never will because they don’t want to listen.

Shame.

It's Australia Day Friday 26th = Public Holiday so no ASX

(Found this elsewhere and thought it was SO Australian... I'll see myself out..:))

View attachment 169621

View attachment 169622

View attachment 169623

View attachment 169624

View attachment 169625

View attachment 169626

View attachment 169627
Half expectd to see the flags that get right up my left nostrel. ie rainbow and 1st people's protesting about whatever. Should be thankful it's not the Rising Sun.

Says it all . Just slightly jumbled up.

“No-One Can Stop Me Celebrating the Anniversary of Captain Cook’s 334 Not Out Against the Advancing Japanese Troops at Gallipoli”

View attachment 169629

OPINION: There’s been a fair bit of talk about moving the date of Australia Day recently. But these people don’t have any idea what they’re messing with. 26th January is sacred. Mark my words, it ‘aint moving.

Do all the complaining you want. But buggered if you’ll stop me celebrating Cooko’s triple century against a full-strength Japanese attack on a deteriorating Gallipoli wicket in ‘44-‘45.

It was the making of this country. Bob Hawke gave the nation a day off to celebrate. And yet here we are, trying to mess with it.

For those Australians, or should I say unAustralians, who don’t like it, it’s time for some truth bombs. Gallipoli is one of the toughest grounds to play in the world. They don’t call it ‘The Kokoda Track’ for nothing.

A three month journey on a tall sailing ship to get there. Uncovered wickets in those days as well. And despite everything that was thrown at him, our captain – Captain Cook – stood firm. Stood up, in fact, and said ‘No! We won’t pay our gold mining licence fee just because you tell us to’.

It was a turning point. An uprising. It forged the character of this nation. As Ned Kelly famously said about the game at the time, “I come from the land down under”.

But of course these whingers wouldn’t know that because they don’t study history. Don’t know the significance of that day. Don’t understand the blood that was spilled. And they never will because they don’t want to listen.

Shame.
@basilio Unfortunately "SHAME" is a bit underweight. If I put in what I thought Mr Blow might have me banned for life.

A huge amount of people down on the foreshore today and a lot of boats, you probably saw them @IFocus

I'm not on facebook, but the son came up to collect the grandkids today, apparently Woollies copped a huge backlash and are trying to roll back the rhetoric.
Interesting I guess Woollies share price will tell the story, apparently the feeling down Collie is, they're a South African company so who gives a flck what they think. 🤣
But that is a red neck area.

A huge amount of people down on the foreshore today and a lot of boats, you probably saw them @IFocus

I'm not on facebook, but the son came up to collect the grandkids today, apparently Woollies copped a huge backlash and are trying to roll back the rhetoric.
Interesting I guess Woollies share price will tell the story, apparently the feeling down Collie is, they're a South African company so who gives a flck what they think. 🤣
A bit like the green and yellow tractor company now run by a giant South African mob don't really care about pricing etc.

Last time I looked there was no shortage of bronze Cpt Cooks... probably more of them than corroboree frogs and a similar number to match extincted speices since 'whities' arrival.
Could have been more of a statememt if He'd been 'cutoff at the knees'
Ahh well there's always next time, this type of thing is working itself toward it's own tradition; must be getting on to 30 years since that big olde Norfolk pine was ring barked out at Kurnell where the good 'ol' Cpt'n ordered musket balls into the first first peoples he met.
Just decided to have a Sandwich for lunch... thanks for the inspiration Cpt'n, Ill be thinking of you.

How would you feel if someone cut down your front doors? After all, it’s not your land that you have decided to put your possessions on. Right?

🥸

Didn't get into town went surfing instead like a real Aussie... :roflmao:

TBH having a conservative politician hypoventilating telling people where to shop is the ultimate oxymoron moment.

A bit of history re the date which commemorates the start of the British penal colony in the country of New Holland 1788

It was 1824 when the British Admiralty started to use the name Australia

The Commonwealth of Australia (Australia as we know it ) didn't come about until 1900 - 1901.

Arguing about the 26th is dumb IMHO it simply does not represent modern day (or even after 1901) Australia defending it simply makes no sense unless you are a Anglophile (wouldn't that be un Australian).

Its along the same lines as Charles is our head of state FFS maybe one day we will grow up.

Didn't get into town went surfing instead like a real Aussie... :roflmao:

TBH having a conservative politician hypoventilating telling people where to shop is the ultimate oxymoron moment.

A bit of history re the date which commemorates the start of the British penal colony in the country of New Holland 1788

It was 1824 when the British Admiralty started to use the name Australia

The Commonwealth of Australia (Australia as we know it ) didn't come about until 1900 - 1901.

Arguing about the 26th is dumb IMHO it simply does not represent modern day (or even after 1901) Australia defending it simply makes no sense unless you are a Anglophile (wouldn't that be un Australian).

Its along the same lines as Charles is our head of state FFS maybe one day we will grow up.
It all just shows we don't have enough to worry about, hopefully it all changes, but things certainly aren't looking like a more united country, that's for sure.
Maybe a war or a recession might take the heat out of the situation, something needs to. ;)

It all just shows we don't have enough to worry about, hopefully it all changes, but things certainly aren't looking like a more united country, that's for sure.
Maybe a war or a recession might take the heat out of the situation, something needs to. ;)

Current date just doesn't represent Australia that's before you get to Aboriginals being against it as I said before if people want to celebrate the start of the British penal colony no big deal that's great but it doesn't represent today's modern Australia, just change the date to celebrate the day end of problem.

Current date just doesn't represent Australia that's before you get to Aboriginals being against it as I said before if people want to celebrate the start of the British penal colony no big deal that's great but it doesn't represent today's modern Australia, just change the date to celebrate the day end of problem.
I don't disagree with that, but what if another group disagree with the next date, then as Christians become a minority why wouldn't we change Christmas, or indeed Easter ?

At the end of the day where do you delineate which groups are more deserving, changing dates IMO is problematic and to a degree pandering to minority pressure.

They do have issue, so incorporate it with another holiday that is recognised as being representative of Australian spirit, like ANZAC day maybe.
To change it to a day that represents nothing, doesn't instill patriotism it tips our hat to tokenism and shallowness.

If it was Anzac day, it actually represents something all Australians should be proud of loyalty, respect, bravery and mateship and give a time to reflect on what it means to call yourself Australian rather than just a member of the lucky country.

Welcome to the real world.