Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

AR9 - archTIS Limited

5 Reasons to Invest Now
Maybe a 6th? I don't know whether to be flattered or fearful of the company's prospects , but I have scored an
invite ...to our archTIS Investor Luncheon.
Meet and chat with other investors and the key decision makers at archTIS including Global Chief Operating Officer and US President, Kurt Mueffelmann, and Chief Financial Officer, Kylie Sheather.
Our luncheon will be held in Canberra. We welcome your participation and insight as we discuss the archTIS business.
It's at a nice restaurant. When I was in financial services (the profession, not the industry) I scored enough of these gigs. And I'm not in Canberra at present

A bit of buying has returned, pushing it to 19c from 17c. It may be with the presence of the US honchos (Global Chief Operating Officer and US President, Kurt Mueffelmann) and Chief Financial Officer, Kylie Sheather, that they're doing the rounds of clients - Govt depts incl Defence- plus hitting a few insto investors. I think 'meet n greet' is pretty standard and you'd be surprised on the ways to spend shareholders money ... I'm not shocked.

And somewhere deep in the back of my mind the local office may be subsumed into a broader international outfit, or even reverse t/o by the new people. Just guessing .

I think 'meet n greet' is pretty standard and you'd be surprised on the ways to spend shareholders money ... I'm not shocked.
Not surprised, just jealous I didn't get an invite... picking out the "Directors" to invite eh? ?

Wouldn't want to drive for 3 hours anyway.... clearly aimed at locales

Not surprised, just jealous I didn't get an invite... picking out the "Directors" to invite eh? ?

Wouldn't want to drive for 3 hours anyway.... clearly aimed at locals
Canberra is the Head Office; also a presence in Boston and London.. Daniel Lai started out doing DD work which morphed into Kojensi. then the Nucleus Cyber people came on board in late 2020.

I'd imagine there will be directors there, although, here's a riddle, if I do attend I'll be the Sole Director !!

Where is the riddle?
I was aiming the Director thing at you, because I'm not a director, you got an invite, and I didn't.
IE; plebs not welcome to the private school boys ?
just attended the AR9 lunch. It was a meet and greet with a cross-section of investors + Daniel and Kurt, and Kylie. All of a dozen s/holders.
.... The bar for an invitation? Hard to figure, probably based on holding size/ period. Sharp AR9 team, sharp questions; most in it for the long term.

Only 1 course?
It was from 12 till 2pm, I left at 3; they were still going. Daniel is, how shall we say, on top of the subject.

This was in Sydney, the AR9 management team had been in Canberra last week, then Melb. Kurt, biggest shareholder, had flown in from USA. They'd done the rounds of defence establishment and contractors (Raytheon, Lockheed, etc) plus get to know the s/holders.

The Microsoft connection is the big one, as far as I can ascertain.

Entree and dessert as well, is so desired

An almost $9 billion package to bolster Australia's cyber and intelligence capabilities will be unveiled in tonight's federal budget, as concerns grow over threats from potential adversaries across the globe.

Key points:​

• Prime Minister Scott Morrison foreshadowed the multi-billion-dollar package on Monday night, when he announced the establishment of a new cyber and critical technology centre
  • Officials say the announcement will "bolster Australia's resilience"
  • Defence Minister Peter Dutton last week warned that China's online weaponry would allow them to mount an "unprecedented digital onslaught"
The ABC has learnt the massive five-year investment is being made to deal with changed strategic circumstances in the Indo-Pacific region, characterised by rapid military expansion, coercive behaviour and increasing cyber-attacks.

On Monday night, Prime Minister Scott Morrison foreshadowed the multi-billion-dollar spending when he announced a new cyber and critical technology centre would be established within the nation's peak intelligence assessment agency.

Speaking at a function to mark the 70th anniversary of the ANZUS Alliance, Mr Morrison revealed that the centre would be set up within the Office of National Assessments and deploy cutting-edge technologies to protect Australia's securit
y.

The highlight [of the 2022 Federal Budget] is the $9.9 billion boost over 10 years to the secretive Australian Signals Directorate, the biggest increase the nation’s premier cyber security and electronic intelligence gathering agency has enjoyed in its 75-year life.

Dubbed Project REDSPICE (for Resilience, Effects, Defence, Space, Intelligence, Cyber, Enablers), the new cash will bolster the ASD’s defensive and offensive cyber capabilities to be used against adversaries and will introduce new intelligence capabilities.

It will create more than 1900 jobs, including data analysts, computer programmers and software engineers.

The funding will triple the “offensive cyber effects capability” to support the Defence Force, meaning Australia will be able to retaliate if local networks are hit and also launch attacks against adversaries.

It also bolsters artificial intelligence and machine learning, hardens networks against cyber attacks and increases the ASD’s presence overseas fourfold, allowing for closer collaboration with key allies

It's the last part that AR9 could benefit from. However, and but...... My tip for April comp.

The highlight [of the 2022 Federal Budget] is the $9.9 billion boost over 10 years to the secretive Australian Signals Directorate, the biggest increase the nation’s premier cyber security and electronic intelligence gathering agency has enjoyed in its 75-year life.

Dubbed Project REDSPICE (for Resilience, Effects, Defence, Space, Intelligence, Cyber, Enablers), the new cash will bolster the ASD’s defensive and offensive cyber capabilities to be used against adversaries and will introduce new intelligence capabilities.

It will create more than 1900 jobs, including data analysts, computer programmers and software engineers.

The funding will triple the “offensive cyber effects capability” to support the Defence Force, meaning Australia will be able to retaliate if local networks are hit and also launch attacks against adversaries.

It also bolsters artificial intelligence and machine learning, hardens networks against cyber attacks and increases the ASD’s presence overseas fourfold, allowing for closer collaboration with key allies

It's the last part that AR9 could benefit from. However, and but...... My tip for April comp.

AR9 are as you know is very difficult to gauge, @Dona Ferentes . Much promise, dismal price action. If today is an inside day I'd watch volume tomorrow for some indication.

I've been watching AR9 since the well kept budget secret was leaked about three months ago and reading the budget papers it appears as if it will increase the number of those blessed with a tendency towards Aspergers by a considerable amount in the ASD and Canberra.

The REDSPICE acronym is interesting, written by an Army Captain and proof checked by a Brigadier going slowly nowhere who changed in all probability "Energised" to "Effects". The last thing one wants is an energised Public Servant in Canberra.

gg

AR9 are as you know is very difficult to gauge, @Dona Ferentes . Much promise, dismal price action. If today is an inside day I'd watch volume tomorrow for some indication.

I've been watching AR9 since the well kept budget secret was leaked about three months ago and reading the budget papers it appears as if it will increase the number of those blessed with a tendency towards Aspergers by a considerable amount in the ASD and Canberra.

The REDSPICE acronym is interesting, written by an Army Captain and proof checked by a Brigadier going slowly nowhere who changed in all probability "Energised" to "Effects". The last thing one wants is an energised Public Servant in Canberra.

gg
Correct. I was trying to find a quote, where scholarships are made available to women, especially from what we affectionately call the 'minorities', to encourage involvement in the dark and numerate arts, as high as PhD level.