Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

WDS - Woodside Energy Group

In medium to short term if the current situation persists, I will not fall from sky to know a take over of WPL. Would STO come ?
Pleasev do consider on Friday mornings my imaginations get blurred with a mix of Manuka and CBD into empty stomach ;) to win a lotto.
Disclaimer - exited WPL

You obviously don't understand the industry if you think STO could take over Woodside....LOL.
More likely to be the other way round, but Woodside wouldn't even be interested.
Woodside is a quality company but there is no need to be buying it near term.
It would be prudent to wait until the dust settles. Something like waiting until the new year when they are likely to announce retrenchments would be a better entry point. It's not a stock that reacts quickly but tends to be a good solid tortoise over time when sentiment turns.

You obviously don't understand the industry if you think STO could take over Woodside....LOL.
More likely to be the other way round, but Woodside wouldn't even be interested.
Woodside is a quality company but there is no need to be buying it near term.
It would be prudent to wait until the dust settles. Something like waiting until the new year when they are likely to announce retrenchments would be a better entry point. It's not a stock that reacts quickly but tends to be a good solid tortoise over time when sentiment turns.
@Clansman - 100% agreed. As a miner, I do not understand the oil and gas industry. Hence QED - sold out WPL :) :). LOL. Enjoy

Last edited:
Well its a bit like this,,
I am out on a long drive and I am in the middle of nowhere, and I am hoping going to end up on a nice sunny place with my feet up. It could be cloudy and stormy but that can be beautiful too. It will get sunny. I seen it on the brochure.
It's early morning I have pulled over to a servo'. I am sitting in the diner, I have half a cup of coffee. Half full, no half empty, half full, ...whatever. I am looking at the menu its a bit grimy it is old , its been around a looong time. I am thinking. A little oily burger and a big gassy drink? Yeah Yeah I know I should be looking at something else.
The weather is murky, who knows what its gonna turning out like. The weather man is taking each way bets. No one out driving. All home coughing and sniffling. A bit like the servo cafe diner, its murky, is someone about, to turn on a light?
A murder of crow(s) in the distance add to the mood faaa faaaaaa faaaaaaaaaa...
I am also thinking prices are cheap (getting cheaper?) I am squinting at the bowsers WPL, STO, BPT what are the others? Should I fill up?
I could should could should wait, but I have to go back to the servo, away from the big fat lazy boy chair.
The crow continues faaaaaaaaaaa....
WPL STO BPT who is going give me the better ride? is there a difference? , What are those other bowsers...? There is a funny looking one there too.
A little oily burger and a BIG gassy drink. I could then talk back to the crow with a my own big belchy chirp.
The waitress starts to interrupt "Dya...
The crow starts to interr ....aaaaaaark
My brain starts to interrupt WPL ST.....
The waitress wins. Clearly in my mind. Perfectly. Through her right nostril "DYA warn 'buys' wiff that".
Yes please
I said, but I will fill up later.

CEO has stated he will resign in 2021.
Hooray.
Been driver this big tanker around the harbour for 10 years.
Lets hope they can recruit someone who can generate some excitement in the gas business.

Woodside making its facilities available to others is a good idea, potentially allows a lot of stranded gas to get to production. I imagine they will take a processing fee and a clip on sales. Woodside has an enviable production and reliability history that others wont have to establish, let alone the infrastructure to build. After the agreements for the Waitsia gas maybe we will see more agreements lining up.
Maybe a flurry of offshore pipeline work into the future. Smaller companies can explore for fields to tie in.
I guess Woodside wont need to risk exploring to top up the plants. I think a fair chunk of people were exited from the Exploration area a couple of months ago, maybe supports this thought. Wont need to buy out company interests to acquire gas, although they will have the money to do it, but they might just make more processing and shipping infrastructure on their hub instead.

Just thinking out maybes.

from their site:
NWS Project Participants Execute Gas Processing Agreements (files.woodside)

Well its a bit like this,,
I am out on a long drive and I am in the middle of nowhere, and I am hoping going to end up on a nice sunny place with my feet up. It could be cloudy and stormy but that can be beautiful too. It will get sunny. I seen it on the brochure.
It's early morning I have pulled over to a servo'. I am sitting in the diner, I have half a cup of coffee. Half full, no half empty, half full, ...whatever. I am looking at the menu its a bit grimy it is old , its been around a looong time. I am thinking. A little oily burger and a big gassy drink? Yeah Yeah I know I should be looking at something else.
The weather is murky, who knows what its gonna turning out like. The weather man is taking each way bets. No one out driving. All home coughing and sniffling. A bit like the servo cafe diner, its murky, is someone about, to turn on a light?
A murder of crow(s) in the distance add to the mood faaa faaaaaa faaaaaaaaaa...
I am also thinking prices are cheap (getting cheaper?) I am squinting at the bowsers WPL, STO, BPT what are the others? Should I fill up?
I could should could should wait, but I have to go back to the servo, away from the big fat lazy boy chair.
The crow continues faaaaaaaaaaa....
WPL STO BPT who is going give me the better ride? is there a difference? , What are those other bowsers...? There is a funny looking one there too.
A little oily burger and a BIG gassy drink. I could then talk back to the crow with a my own big belchy chirp.
The waitress starts to interrupt "Dya...
The crow starts to interr ....aaaaaaark
My brain starts to interrupt WPL ST.....
The waitress wins. Clearly in my mind. Perfectly. Through her right nostril "DYA warn 'buys' wiff that".
Yes please
I said, but I will fill up later.
I did top up a bit from the BPT bowser... but I think i may get better mileage (should we say kilometreage?) from WPL.
Journey continues.. clouds breaking up, few more cars about.

I did top up a bit from the BPT bowser... but I think i may get better mileage (should we say kilometreage?) from WPL.
Journey continues.. clouds breaking up, few more cars about.
WTI's break through resistance on Friday is likely to lift all our producers.
Unfortunately, as you have noted, turning around WPL's supertankers has proven to be a slow and painful ask.
On trend (as per WPL's daily chart, below) 2020's "gap' should be filled next week and $34 come into range soon enough:
zPNXgysl.png

By this report the S&P has quite a number of Big Oilers, WPL on the list, as likely going on 'Credit Watch';
(my journey continues)
..still out driving, been going up a nice pretty slope and the sun was out but now there is a dirty big cloud about and the the old car seems to be 'missing'. A bit of crap in the fuel maybe coz I switched the tank over to gas? Hey the other cars alongside that filled up with BPT and STO are chugging a bit too. Oi What is that in the fear view mirror, a bright little EV thing coming up behind, the driver is grinning his stupid head off and all on board seem to be singing to one of them new boppy tunes. Pedestrians are staring out them too. Humph I press the gas a little more and the car will give a big throaty rumble... will that get their attention?
I scratch my chin, its a bit rough. Think to myself should I have a bit of a shave or wait till I get to the destination?

(my journey continues)
..still out driving, been going up a nice pretty slope and the sun was out but now there is a dirty big cloud about and the the old car seems to be 'missing'. A bit of crap in the fuel maybe coz I switched the tank over to gas? Hey the other cars alongside that filled up with BPT and STO are chugging a bit too. Oi What is that in the fear view mirror, a bright little EV thing coming up behind, the driver is grinning his stupid head off and all on board seem to be singing to one of them new boppy tunes. Pedestrians are staring out them too. Humph I press the gas a little more and the car will give a big throaty rumble... will that get their attention?
I scratch my chin, its a bit rough. Think to myself should I have a bit of a shave or wait till I get to the destination?
who would have thought that trading could lead to poetry, in the great bush poet Aussie tradition:)

i notice WPL is below $22 today

i am still waiting for sub-$20

but others trade in shorter timeframes than i

( DYOR )

Response to press speculation regarding BHP’s Petroleum business

BHP notes the recent press speculation regarding our Petroleum business. As previously stated, BHP regularly reviews its portfolio of assets in order to seek opportunities to maximise long-term shareholder value. BHP confirms that we have initiated a strategic review of our Petroleum business to re-assess its position and long-term strategic fit in the BHP portfolio. A number of options are being evaluated. One option is a potential merger of the Petroleum business with Woodside Petroleum Ltd (Woodside) and a distribution of Woodside shares to BHP shareholders. We confirm that we have been in discussions with Woodside. While discussions between the parties are currently progressing, no agreement has been reached on any such transaction. A further announcement will be made as and when appropriate.

DYOR

i hold BHP and WPL

but assets are only valuable if you can make a profit from the acquisition

remember AMP and NCM struggled for years to digest big take-over targets ( not to mention the SGH incident and WES bold plan to invade hardware in the UK )

there have been some big companies caught being overly ambitious in the past and ( virtually ) a 100% gain is a BIG mouthful to chew

look at MLX and that copper mine as a different example