Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

*Tunes*

cripes these "duets impossible" are creepy - in the last few seconds they change the lead singer from Lulu to someone else. presumably a McFly

Clip from Duet Impossible. Broadcast BBC1 Christmas Eve 2006. Composited using Adobe After Effects and Autodesk Combustion. Rotoscoped footage done with Apple Shake and Imagineer Systems Motor.
Lulu & McFly

Lulu - To Sir With Love (1967)(PIP)

a page break :evilburn:

and an exclamation mark :D

\m/ :guitar: \m/

*edit* can never figure those youtube codes out:)

ok it's a repeat of previous - just that I can't decide between em ;) (gee that's a great song imo)
Roberta Flack - Jesse

Roberta Flack - The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face

abba - Like an Angel Passing through my Room
One of ABBA's most beautiful and chilling songs. :)

Long awaited darkness falls
Casting shadows on the walls
In the twilight hour I am alone
Sitting near the fireplace, dying embers warm my face
In this peaceful solitude
All the outside world subdued
Everything comes back to me again
In the gloom
Like an angel passing through my room

Half awake and half in dreams
Seeing long forgotten scenes
So the present runs into the past
Now and then become entwined,
playing games within my mind
Like the embers as they die
Love was one prolonged good-bye
And it all comes back to me tonight
In the gloom

I close my eyes
And my twilight images go by
All too soon

Benny Andersson was, from the age of 18, a member of The Hep Stars, a popular Swedish pop-rock group that mostly performed covers of international hits.

Björn Ulvaeus from the age of 18 fronted The Hootenanny Singers, a popular Swedish folk-skiffle group. Ulvaeus started writing material for his band, and also attempted a brief solo career alongside it.

Agnetha Fältskog had a #1 record in Sweden when she was only 17 and was soon noted by the critics and songwriters as a talented composer, most of her songs being in the schlager style. Fältskog's main inspiration in her early years was singers in the style of Connie Francis. Along with her own compositions, she also recorded covers of foreign hits and performed them on tours in Swedish folkparks. She even submitted a self-written song for Melodifestivalen when only 17 ("Försonade"), which was rejected. Agnetha had briefly met Anni-Frid Lyngstad for the first time during a TV show in early 1968, and Björn Ulvaeus at a concert venue a few months later. During filming of a Swedish TV special in March 1969, she met Ulvaeus again, and they eventually became a couple and married in 1971. In 1973, Fältskog starred as Mary Magdalene in the original Swedish production of Jesus Christ Superstar and attracted favourable reviews. Between 1967 and 1975, Fältskog released five studio albums.[6]

Anni-Frid "Frida" Lyngstad sang from the age of 13 with various dance bands and worked mainly in a jazz-oriented cabaret style. She also formed her own band named Anni-Frid Four. In the summer of 1967, she won a national talent competition with the song En Ledig Dag. (included in double EMI CD Frida 1967-1972). The first prize was to perform live on the most popular TV show in Sweden. This show was broadcast on the same day Sweden went from driving on the left side to the right, so it was a very special day and almost the whole population saw Frida sing. This first and unique performance can be seen in "Frida the DVD". Also included in the price was a recording contract with EMI. Lyngstad released several singles on EMI and had many hits in the Swedish charts. When Benny Andersson started to produce her recordings in 1971, she got her first number 1 single. On that single, Min Egen Stad (My Own Town), all 4 Abba members are singing the backup vocals. Frida toured and performed regularly in the folkpark circuit and made appearances on radio and TV. She had met Björn Ulvaeus briefly in 1963 during a talent contest, and Agnetha Fältskog during a TV show in early 1968. She finally linked up with her future colleagues in 1969. On May 1, 1969, she participated in the Melodifestivalen, where she met Andersson for the first time. A few weeks later they met again during a concert tour in southern Sweden and they soon became a couple. Andersson also invited Lyngstad to sing backup vocals with Fältskog on the Björn & Benny debut album, Lycka (October 1970), and during this time he also started producing Lyngstad's debut album, Frida, which was released in March 1971 and praised by critics. Lyngstad also played in several revues and cabaret shows in Stockholm between 1969 and 1973. After ABBA formed, she recorded another successful album in 1975, Frida Ensam, which included the original Swedish rendition of "Fernando", which became a huge hit in Scandinavia before the English version was recorded.[7]

we all have our trials in life ...
Anni-Frid first met her (German) dad in 1976 - long after she was famous :eek:

(here's a song - "even a flower" - still gotta find the translation :2twocents
FRIDA - Aven En Bloma

http://ithithome.blogspot.com/ Recently I came across this song by Frida, formerly of ABBA: "Aven en blooma" (Even a flower) from her horribly unknown Swedish-language solo-album "Djupa" from 1996. It was a huge success in Scandinavia back then, but not released outside this territory. The images in the video refer to Frida's upbringing by her grandmother. She was born in 1945 as a child of a German soldier (she only first met him in 1976) and a Norwegian mother, who died a year after her birth. Frida moved to Sweden in the sixties to pursue a career in music. Thank God she did that, hehe.

http://ithithome.blogspot.com/ And then there's Frida's performance on Swedish television of the song 'Ogonen' (Eyes) from the same album (also 1996). I was stunned by the grace and ease with which she walks to the stage and delivers the song. She has not lost an inch of her magneticism and appeal from the ABBA-days. It's Frida looking straight at ya, beware, she enchants you like a benevolent Medusa! What a lady...

not rong whiskers - she sings so much from the heart that girl ;)
just so vulnerable, and so gentle, credible, feminine, soft ... :2twocents

and such poetry ;)
"the first time ever I kissed your mouth
I felt the earth move in my hand
like the trembling heart of a captive bird
that was there at my command, my love..."

speaking of which Anni-Frid also has a story yes? I mean what sort of a childhood did she have :eek: (virtually orphaned)
anyway - she'd be an interesting person to share a glass with yes? - reminisce about the ABBA days, lol

- She was born in 1945 as a child of a German soldier (she only first met him in 1976) and a Norwegian mother, who died a year after her birth. Frida moved to Sweden in the sixties to pursue a career in music.

What about that single line !!! - impact or what !!!
Half awake and half in dreams
Seeing long forgotten scenes
So the present runs into the past
Now and then become entwined,
playing games within my mind
Like the embers as they die
Love was one prolonged good-bye
And it all comes back to me tonight
In the gloom

The Seekers - Isa Lei

this one for the train buffs out there ;)(and fans of Seekers Seen in Green)

The Seekers - Angeline Is Always Friday

Louis Armstrong & Max Greger - Hello Dolly (1965)
Hello Dolly
is this Louis dolly
Its so nice to have you back where you belong
Youre lookin swell, dolly
i can tell, dolly
Youre still glowin
youre still crowin
youre still goin strong
I feel that room swayin
while the bands playin
One of your old favourite songs
from way back when
So.....
take her wrap, fellas
find her an empty lap, fellas
Dollyll never go away again

(instrumental)

I feel the room swayin
while that ole band keeps on playin
One of your old favourite
songs from way back when
So...
golly, gee, fellas
find her an empty knee, fellas
Dollyll never go away
i said shell never go away
Dollyll never go away again

One for the Philippinos and Phillippines out there ;)

Child - Freddie Aguilar (Kareoke)
Child - Freddie Aguilar
Freddy Aguilar - Anak