Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

GYG - Guzman y Gomez

I once planned to retire at 40, however, I enjoyed what I do too much to give it up. Though I do take more holidays and more time to enjoy good food and company, even when my wife is trying to get me to slow down. 😎
From experience, never retire before you are ready to retire and you will know when it is time, no one else does.
Take that to the bank.

From experience, never retire before you are ready to retire and you will know when it is time, no one else does.
Take that to the bank.
sorry but the Government decided that time for me , they even gave me six months back-pay to make sure i believed them , ( and it wasn't a joke )

however i still can't believe this float was so heavily over-subscribed , do they own the properties underneath the outlets , that might be a game-changer to the valuations

do they own the properties underneath the outlets , that might be a game-changer to the valuations

Answered here
Actually, the treatment of the lease liability is in the prospectus. In the fine print.

In May 2022
Magellan, the embattled fund manager, announced in May 2022 the sale of its 11.6% stake in the Mexican fast-food chain Guzman y Gomez. The stake was sold to Barrenjoey, the investment bank in which Magellan holds a 40% ownership stake being a founding member, for a cash consideration of $140 million. Magellan stated that the reason for the sale was to allow the firm to focus on its core funds management business. However, the sale did not provide the expected boost Magellan was seeking.

Skate.

Answered here

In May 2022

Magellan, the embattled fund manager, announced in May 2022 the sale of its 11.6% stake in the Mexican fast-food chain Guzman y Gomez. The stake was sold to a unit of Barrenjoey, the investment bank in which Magellan holds a 40% ownership stake being a founding member, for a cash consideration of $140 million. Magellan stated that the reason for the sale was to allow Magellan to focus on its core funds management business.

Skate.
cheers

that was one little item , that can make a big difference , medium term

had they owned spinning off a REIT ( or sale/lease-back ) could have been a useful safety net

am even less interested now ( in buying in )

1718932634995.png

31-27 = 4

29-4 = 25

Who said charting was difficult. On a 1-2-3 basis I can see this little yapper getting down to $25 very very soon.

gg

Never good to buy a stock based on hype or everyone else is buying it. I would wait until the company starts reporting their earnings first and wait at least a year before hitting the buy button. I don't have any interest in restaurant businesses I'm afraid

.. from the AFR

...Guzman y Gomez accounted for nearly a third of all trades on some of the country’s most popular retail platforms after it hit the ASX on Thursday...

Data from Superhero showed that Guzman y Gomez’s launch was the largest first day of trading for an initial public offering in the online trading platform’s history, accounting for 30 per cent of all deals on Thursday.

Superhero chief executive John Winters said the float drew a significant amount of money on to the platform from regular users as well as those who had not placed a trade for more than 12 months.

“It was one of the biggest days that we’ve had for a long time in terms of new customers signing up, and in terms of deposits being made onto the platform,” Mr Winters said. “It’s great to see that there are people out there with cash on the sidelines, waiting for good investment opportunities."
.... and this should be added
Fools rush in where angels fear to thread
And so I come to you my love my heart above my head
Though I see the danger there
If there's a chance for me then I don't care
Songwriters: Johnny Mercer / Rube Bloom

Last edited:
This sort of reminds me of the AMP float way back in the day I sold my shares on either day 1 or 2 , cant exactly remember but i do know it NEVER ever traded that high ever again ..

Edit ok looked at a chart and i must have sold on day 1 as i got approx $23.xx for them

Fundamentals​

• Market Capitalisation$14.2B
  • P/E Ratio 181.87
  • EPS $0.580
  • PE Growth 0.06
  • Debt to Equity 1.3%
  • Price to Book 102.33
  • Most Recent$0.180
  • Dividend Yield 0.2%
  • Franking 100%
  • Actual DPS $0.300
  • Dividend Stability 94.4%
and that share closed above $140 today ( a new record high )

the share is PME

so yes some parts of the ASX are totally bonkers

now i can laugh at this because i am getting nearly 200% return per year on divs alone ( i might pass out if i calculated the total return on my 16.5 cents a share )

This sort of reminds me of the AMP float way back in the day I sold my shares on either day 1 or 2 , cant exactly remember but i do know it NEVER ever traded that high ever again ..

Edit ok looked at a chart and i must have sold on day 1 as i got approx $23.xx for them
WOW a true visionary

Who said charting was difficult? On a 1-2-3 basis , $29 is the new normal.

Screenshot_20240625-142849_CommSec.jpg

until it's not.

No Desire To Hold