Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Tomorrow's trading on the ASX?

on edge
Evening Wrap: ASX 200 edges higher as financials, property and tech stocks lead, worrying China market move drags down commodities

The S&P/ASX 200 closed 21.7 points higher, up 0.27%.

on edge
Evening Wrap: ASX 200 edges higher as financials, property and tech stocks lead, worrying China market move drags down commodities

The S&P/ASX 200 closed 21.7 points higher, up 0.27%.

If any one has any opinions on what happens to the Australian markets after the FED Meeting, please let me know?

I can't see why financials would crash, however you would assume they are near there tops. Resource stocks look to be starting to find a bottom and should start rallying if the economy is starting to rebound due to lower interest rates.

As this is such a well telegraphed event, maybe nothing happens and its business as usual.

For this event I have no idea??????????

If any one has any opinions on what happens to the Australian markets after the FED Meeting, please let me know?

I can't see why financials would crash, however you would assume they are near there tops. Resource stocks look to be starting to find a bottom and should start rallying if the economy is starting to rebound due to lower interest rates.

As this is such a well telegraphed event, maybe nothing happens and its business as usual.

For this event I have no idea??????????
it is all about 'expectations'

the Fed has signaled a 0.25% cut (but not promised it )

some think a 0.5% cut is likely ( cynics might say anything to win the election )

my suggestion is to have a plan for ( almost) everything

that is if the market drops ( a lot ) have a list of stocks/ETFs that might hit attractive prices , if the market goes UP have a list of stocks/ETFs you might reduce ( at top prices)

if the market takes it in it's stride , keep a couple of your favorite beverages and snacks handy and keep watch the market doesn't smash or pump a particular stock/ETF ( seen as a proxy for the US economy/bond market )

remember the Fed hints and signals year in , year out and doesn't move much ( critics say way too late )

( remember certain insiders KNOW , already )

at the moment the media are trying to squash news on the second attempt on Trump's life , they are that desperate

The S&P/ASX 200 closed 19.3 points higher, up 0.24%.

We did it! 🥳 Another record high for the S&P/ASX 200 – both in absolute terms at today's peak of 8,150.2, as well as today's record high close of 8,140.9

(Yesterday S&P/ASX 200 closed 1.2 points higher, up 0.02%. ...Another record high intraday peak, and another record high close )
ASX 200 futures are trading 38 points lower, down -0.46%....

It was a classic green-to-red day after the Fed cut interest rates for the first time since March 2020, major US benchmarks as well as gold experienced a brief pop on the news but quickly faded into negative territory, Powell stressed that the economy is in good shape...

The S&P/ASX 200 closed 49.8 points higher, up 0.61%.

Another day, another record (the fourth in a row). ....Ironically, whilst US markets faltered in late trading following the FOMC's "big rate cut", Asia loved it. We've seen equities and commodities rise in unison across the region, partly due a big sigh of relief there weren't any major fireworks overnight.

.ASX 200 futures are trading 31 points higher, up 0.37%

Let the good times roll – The S&P 500 closed at a fresh all-time high while ASX 200 futures are pointing towards a fifth straight session of record highs. Big tech and cyclicals led to the upside overnight, the market is pricing in more rate cuts by end-2024 than the Fed's dot pot and plenty of local resource names are set to get a kick after a broad-based rally in commodity prices overnight.

laissez les bontemps rouler

Evening Wrap: ASX 200 ends record week above 8,200 for the first time as gold and consumer stocks shine

The S&P/ASX 200 closed 17.6 points higher, up 0.22%.

ASX 200 futures are trading 68 points lower, down 0.83%.

The stock market took a breather last Friday as rate-cut euphoria faded, FedEx reported earnings well-below market expectations – flashing a warning on the economy, uranium stocks rally after Microsoft announces an agreement to restart a 835MW nuclear facility in Pennsylvania and gold tops US$2,600 for the first time on record.