Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Tomorrow's trading on the ASX?

Wee kahead

Looking to open up on Monday (I confess, it wuz me, yr 'onour)

- a 1.2 per cent advance for the S&P/ASX 200 Index last week
- FY23 performance to plus 9.7 per cent
- ASX futures looking at putting on 29 points,

Screenshot_20230702-185656_Chrome.jpg

Wee kahead

Looking to open up on Monday (I confess, it wuz me, yr 'onour)

- a 1.2 per cent advance for the S&P/ASX 200 Index last week
- FY23 performance to plus 9.7 per cent
- ASX futures looking at putting on 29 points,

View attachment 159007
To much info for this tired head to take in at the moment.
Been on der tractor for the last 4 days to beat the oncoming rain events.

To much info for this tired head to take in at the moment.
Been on der tractor for the last 4 days to beat the oncoming rain events.
Good evening rcw hope the neddies fared wll for you yesterday.
Been sittingin a haze of dust most of the day paddock rolling.
Catching up a bit on what's been said and done but now seeing double, so better call it quits while I can still see.

Hmm divs4ever I played around BBOZ quite some time ago and got badly bitten. Went against that very sage, so no-one to blame but me. Certainly not a goer as far as I am concerned. Hope that you do well, though.
Got to be careful with this one......we need to be good at gauging the market for the next day. If not, can get rolled over. Happened to me once.

In my eyes, buying this instrument is tricky. Can be an opportunistic play but I wouldn't recommend it........more like a gamble. As it happened, came upon an article this morning with a brief summary, which I agree with. ( sold BBOZ with some peanuts in my pocket)

One of the most accessible ways to short the ASX 200 is via the Australian Equities Strong Bear Hedge Fund (ASX: BBOZ).

For those that have never heard of BBOZ: It generates a magnified positive return when the ASX 200 Accumulation Index falls on a given day. Holders can expect a 2% to 2.75% increase in value for every 1% fall.

Wednesday marked the largest volumes for BBOZ since its inception in April 2015, with 41 million in volume, valued at approximately $130 million.

The interesting thing about BBOZ is that this is a product that you cannot hold for a prolonged period of time due to rebalancing affects. For example, the ASX 200 is currently ~2% off its August 2021 high. Under the BBOZ return logic, it should be up around 5% but it's actually down 18.5%. The bet suggests that someone is either hedging or betting big on a near-term selloff.

All Ords going red again....I've had enough...........have a great weekend, everyone.

A piece of information on twitter this morning:

Hong Kong and Chinese sharemarkets are trading up to 1.5% higher in early trade on Friday after China's central bank said it would increase funding support for the private sector after meeting with executives from the property industry.

Key Events
ASX corporate actions occurring today:
  • Trading ex-div: Vicinity Centres (VCX) – $0.06, Bailador Technology (BTI) – $0.03, US Student Housing REIT (USQ) – $0.012, Steadfast Group (SDF) – $0.09, Ryder Capital (RYD) – $0.04
  • Dividends paid: Metcash (MTS) – $0.11, Transurban (TCL) – $0.315
  • Listing: None
Economic calendar (AEST):
  • 11:15 am: China Loan Prime Rat

Of all things I picked up, it's BHP, divs....watching to get out before it goes sour like my grog...don't know what's come over me, becoming reckless in my old age.

Farmerge, hope you're better. Saw your post on EDV....you're ever ready with your cattle prod. Your wife must be proud of you :)

Of all things I picked up, it's BHP, divs....watching to get out before it goes sour like my grog...don't know what's come over me, becoming reckless in my old age.

Farmerge, hope you're better. Saw your post on EDV....you're ever ready with your cattle prod. Your wife must be proud of you :)
eskys the prod has a decent bite to it !!!!!

It, farmerge?

I've decided to make it a short trading day....out of BHP...didnt pay for all of last night's Chinese nosh, but it helped....Chinese noshes are good sedation, farmerge....you have a great day.

It, farmerge?

I've decided to make it a short trading day....out of BHP...didnt pay for all of last night's Chinese nosh, but it helped....Chinese noshes are good sedation, farmerge....you have a great day.
eskys we are very partial to Cjinese nosh, an excellent takeaway in Straton and a self serve at the Midland Food Hall. Both owners very nice people

Key Events​

• Trading ex-div: IPH (IPH) – $0.175, GQG Partners (GQG) – $0.02, Deterra Royalties (DRR) – $0.169, Computershare (CPU) – $0.40,Netwealth (NWL) – $0.13
  • Dividends paid: None
  • Listing: Cleo Diagnostics (COV) at 11:00 am
No major economic announcements.

Key Events​

• Trading ex-div: Downer (DOW) – $0.08, Domain (DHG) – $0.04, Mystate (MYS) – $0.115, Magellan (MFG) – $0.698, FSA Group (FSA) – $0.035, AGL Energy (AGL) – $0.23, AMP (AMP) – $0.025
  • Dividends paid: None
  • Listing: CurveBeam AI (CVB) at 11:00 am
  • 9:00 am: Australia Manufacturing PMI
  • 9:00 am: Australia Services PMI

trait i noticed several years back , but am not agile enough to exploit it

i hope somebody else could
Anyone can exploit that, divs. All that's required is focus. Big swings= opportunity. But first we have to pick our stocks, then hone in on it/them. (No more than 3 or I get lost, preferable 1or 2)

Have noticed big swings in a lot this morning........I only managed one...not so agile, like you said.

Edit: please do your own homework and not start throwing darts in the hope you'll hit bullseye. I can't be responsible for what others do.