Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Tomorrow's trading on the ASX?

What no haircuts, dining out or takeaway food. This has to be the reason for the CPI drop not the realistic things like petrol, rent and the like !!!!!
This morning's info is incomplete, missing the crucial information that I need......Industry ETF's. Anyone has this please?

Farmerge, haircuts, dinning and occasion takeaway is a must....don't deprive yourself! Money has no value if you don't spend it, especially at our age.

haircuts, dinning and occasion takeaway is a must....don't deprive yourself! Money has no value if you don't spend it, especially at our age.

If you cut your own hair (I do or rather what's left of it), don't like takeaways and are not particularly fond of dinning out (so-so overpriced food and little of it) there is zilch of value worthy of spending money. I've spent so little this past month I won't have any need to top up the debit card account for around three weeks by which time SOL & WHF will place some big, large juicy dividends dripping with money into my account.

It's a good problem to have I think.

This morning's info is incomplete, missing the crucial information that I need......Industry ETF's. Anyone has this please?

Farmerge, haircuts, dinning and occasion takeaway is a must....don't deprive yourself! Money has no value if you don't spend it, especially at our age.
eskys we enjoy all 3 plus the odd day out to the flicks.

If you cut your own hair (I do or rather what's left of it), don't like takeaways and are not particularly fond of dinning out (so-so overpriced food and little of it) there is zilch of value worthy of spending money. I've spent so little this past month I won't have any need to top up the debit card account for around three weeks by which time SOL & WHF will place some big, large juicy dividends dripping with money into my account.

It's a good problem to have I think.
That's excellent, Belli. You don't have the problems like me.

Do the things you enjoy. A balanced diet is better than big serves, enjoy....talking of food, it's my turn today for lunch delivery....see you soon.

What no haircuts, dining out or takeaway food. This has to be the reason for the CPI drop not the realistic things like petrol, rent and the like !!!!!
they took 'volatile factors ' like petrol out of CPI calculations yonks ago ( mainly because the excise tax is indexed to .. CPI increases )

That's excellent, Belli. You don't have the problems like me.

I probably do but merely different ones.

Actually I've got all the "things" I want and need plus the necessary funds to replace any if necessary. My preference is for a simple and uncomplicated lifestyle. A thermos of black tea, a couple of slices of last night's home made pizza and a few hours of quiet in one of the National parks in the region and I'm content.

Apologies I've derailed this thread.

It's a funny time of year. Markets are still open, but it all feels a bit detached. I've got a few projects going, and have repositioned myself to observer status.

Feels like CY23 has already ended.

And besides, company actions are diminished with the naughty corner looming for those that try and slip through news.

It's a funny time of year. Markets are still open, but it all feels a bit detached. I've got a few projects going, and have repositioned myself to observer status.

Feels like CY23 has already ended.

And besides, company actions are diminished with the naughty corner looming for those that try and slip through news.
Funny you said that. I have this feeling that I'm unable to put into words.

Not so long ago, there was so much neg talk that there will be more rate hikes, then overnight, the tables turned. Is the Fed like our RBA? No rate hikes till 24, and before we knew it, we had a dong on the head, followed by more knocks.

Punters aren't discouraged, Dona. Looks like they're chasing still but it somehow has put a brake on me. I'm interested and at the same time confused...so like you, I have repositioned, and am a bit lost to be honest.

Market Index Evening Wrap

And I had a pleasant surprise. One holding of WC8 was sold at some stage of the day,
Enough to buy a carton of Zero beer, but hey a profit is a profit.