Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The future of energy generation and storage

It looks like W.A is getting interested parties from the battery storage lining up.
In a lot of ways large grid battery storage investment in W.A will be a license to print money, there will probably be a capacity payment system and there is no direct competition for batteries in the W.A grid as hydro isn't feasible.
So I would expect batteries to go in pretty quickly.

It looks like W.A is getting interested parties from the battery storage lining up.
In a lot of ways large grid battery storage investment in W.A will be a license to print money, there will probably be a capacity payment system and there is no direct competition for batteries in the W.A grid as hydro isn't feasible.
So I would expect batteries to go in pretty quickly.

So how do we get in on this money splurge.
If there is to be money poured in, I want to be on the receiving end.
Mick

So how do we get in on this money splurge.
If there is to be money poured in, I want to be on the receiving end.
Mick
Step one, do not be on the paying side, switch to off grid on your own.
Not connected otherwise you pay on both sides
Step 2: Buy byd..where the money is being made

Quite a lot of flooding in Tasmania at the moment and about 1.25 million litres of water per second being released from Meadowbank dam.

Chart shows it pretty clearly. Top chart the red line is discharge from Meadowbank, whilst the blue line is upstream of Lake Meadowbank and includes discharge from Cluny power station but not the inflow from the Ouse river, that water flows into Meadowbank.

Up to 28th August it's just normal operation of the power station, pretty easy to see when it's on and off, then the flood turned up.....

1725278098475.png

Pity we can't have some of that water in the other states where it's rather dry. :2twocents

And pretty sad not to say abysmal figures to share
Yeap up to 80 % of the solar farm peak production just unused so i guess warming the air around the solar farms?
By the time snowy 2 will be ready to avoid that waste, we will probably need to change the panels ...

Quite a lot of flooding in Tasmania at the moment and about 1.25 million litres of water per second being released from Meadowbank dam.

Chart shows it pretty clearly. Top chart the red line is discharge from Meadowbank, whilst the blue line is upstream of Lake Meadowbank and includes discharge from Cluny power station but not the inflow from the Ouse river, that water flows into Meadowbank.

Up to 28th August it's just normal operation of the power station, pretty easy to see when it's on and off, then the flood turned up.....

View attachment 183604

Pity we can't have some of that water in the other states where it's rather dry. :2twocents
The dams will be full for a while..the existing ones...😉

Like I said a long time back, the only way H2 becomes viable, is if electricity is cheap, or the H2 is being made as a byproduct of the process not as the end product of the process.
Just my two cents worth.
And forget about using it in existing infrastructure .
I see it as a potential on site production for solar farms, burn back or cell burnt back to extend a bit the solar farm productive time
Existing infrastructure, just need a day production tank and a small gas turbine
At lunchtime when noone wants your solar power, fill the tank with h2, at 5pm top up grid burning it.
Economics to be discussed as not a given , but who cares with economics for renewables..saving the planet 😂

Importing gas from OS....
Read the first sentence:
"On a dock alongside reminders of Australia's industrial pastblast furnaces and stockpiles of coal — a key piece of the country's energy future is taking shap"
So dumb brainwashed, importing fossil energy from overseas is the future but coal is the past..whereas everything they do now and since they were born is based on coal energy and will be for the short term at least..
But let's celebrate importing shale gas from OS
What a disgrace for this country : both the narrative, the journos and the actual state of the economy

Reality starting to kick in. Lol

Yeah, Australia has to cut its emissions by 75% to limit global warming.
Does not matter what China, India, Indonesia, USA do, its all on OZ.
Mick

Reality starting to kick in. Lol

Funny how 180 degree turns dont seem to be a problem for some. Lol
Next step, the Govt to set up a task force to assess the viability of nuclear.

Funny how 180 degree turns dont seem to be a problem for some. Lol
Next step, the Govt to set up a task force to assess the viability of nuclear.
Will not chang a thing for GW, plus i expect once we have nuclear reactors if we do, ALP Green state premiers will make uranium mining illegal and we will import it from China 😂
A la LNG....

Importing gas from OS....
Trouble is, Australians just weren't willing to hear the message as to what was coming.

Australia has simply failed to comprehend that mineral resources are finite and once gone, they're gone. For some reason we've an obsession with water and trees, both of which are renewable, forgetting that fossil fuels and metals are the real issues.

Our coal production's peaked too by the way, it's just that most haven't woken up to that yet but it's in decline yes. It's already down more than 10% from the peak.

Now just wait for the real fun to start. When government realises the carbon targets are physically unachievable even if we do use nuclear because electricity isn't the only emissions source, it's not even the majority. :2twocents