Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Supermarkets, self checkouts and honesty

My wife prefers self checkouts, absolutely hates going through an assisted checkout, I think it is mainly because she hates lining up with people, nearly as much as talking to people. 🤣

She could always pretend to be texting on her phone, like I do. :cool:

Interesting article on TV tonight. Cole and Woolworths are now proven to be ripping Mr and Mrs Shopping Trolley off at the checkout.
Aldi has been declared cheaper by about 25% .
Well, well, well. Didin't we already know that the big two were thieves.

I think Woolies is trying anything to stop the loss of customers, my wife says they are pricing themselves out of business, Aldi over here is tearing them another one.
The Son and DIL travel 60km into Bunbury to Aldi to shop once a week and reckon they save $220 over shopping at Woolies in Collie.
I think Woolies is miss reading the audience, it will be interesting to see if the 'elite' CEO, has connected with the working class customers. :xyxthumbs
That post was from January, I'm surprised that anyone goes to WOW and COL over Aldi, when I queried the wife about it, she says it boils down to smugness people like brand names.
Your spot on @farmerge .

Interesting article on TV tonight. Cole and Woolworths are now proven to be ripping Mr and Mrs Shopping Trolley off at the checkout.
Aldi has been declared cheaper by about 25% .
Well, well, well. Didin't we already know that the big two were thieves.
I wasn't aware that Coles sends armed soldiers to peoples houses, drags them into the shop, and forces them to put groceries in the cart and purchase them...

Apple is ripping you off. Sony is ripping you off. Samsung rips you off. Gucci rips you off. They're no special TV presentations on them.

All the small communities in Australia have either IGA or some other Independent grocer none of them have coles or woolies. So if you're anywhere where there is a coles or a woolies there is a pretty big chance there's an IGA or an aldi right near you. In perth you can go to spud shed as well.

That post was from January, I'm surprised that anyone goes to WOW and COL over Aldi, when I queried the wife about it, she says it boils down to smugness people like brand names.
Your spot on @farmerge .
After questioning she who is never wrong about Aldi.
She doesn't favour them over any of the others.
I wouldn't know what is what in a supermarket as She has banned me ( :D ) from these centres.
But Aldi she says whacks a surcharge on credit card transactions at the end of purchase.
No doubt the others have a hidden charge in their till receipt somewhere.
It matters not as She uses cash to do the shopping.

After questioning she who is never wrong about Aldi.
She doesn't favour them over any of the others.
I wouldn't know what is what in a supermarket as She has banned me ( :D ) from these centres.
But Aldi she says whacks a surcharge on credit card transactions at the end of purchase.
No doubt the others have a hidden charge in their till receipt somewhere.
It matters not as She uses cash to do the shopping.
Locally, we have all of them and most frugal shoppers buy the basics at Aldi then go to others for speciality stuff.

Aldis basics are quite good quality in the goods we use

They do charge 0.05 so half of one percent to use a card, cash is FREE ;)