Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Inflation

You could take the word "new york" and substitute it for any one of the world's major ports of human and financial entry - london, sydney etc.

You'd think he was talking about sydney here if you didn't know better.

Easy to address WFH issues. You either force employees back to the office, or you offer WFHers a lower salary.

Remains to be seen if banks will start writing down loans to commercial real estate that isn't leasable!

Easy to address WFH issues. You either force employees back to the office, or you offer WFHers a lower salary.

Remains to be seen if banks will start writing down loans to commercial real estate that isn't leasable!
Being the devils advocate, from a tradies blue collar background, who has always thought about "how could the management screw me over" perspective. Why would management force them back to the office? they have been working from home for how long?

From that basis, if I was management trying to cut down costs and had a loyal honest group of employees who understand that furthering the business interest is first and foremost, I would be saying "how can we help you to work from home and streamline the model, can you see any flaws that we need to address to enable the system to work securely, safely and with confidence from the consumers point of view? :roflmao:
Nothing better for the business, than workers actively helping to make their jobs redundant, as for the problem with overseas rich investors parking their money in high value property, just do what Singapore did add a 60% tax on property bought by overseas investors.
The problem is Australia has more social issue on their plate, than economic issues. ?

A wise old foreman told me once, an intelligent person can earn a lot of money, a person with common sense will always take it off them.:whistling:

Last edited:
Grabbed this little gem from kohler too:

2345624563456345634576.jpg

Going to be, er, interesting to see what happens. A friend of mine has his fixed rate due to pop around september and it looks like he might be having to rent one of his rooms out/get a housemate when it happens.

Dude's avoiding it for now as is quite enjoying living on his own but seems to be denying the inevitable at this point.

You could also redo/redesign how you do what you do to actually enable WFH to work.

Don't change WFH to suit your work method, change your work method to suit WFH. If you can do that, even if it hits your productivity, if it allows, say, one day a week for everyone to WFH then that's 20% of your workspace saved. As long as your productivity doesn't drop by more than 19%, you're in front.

The problem is that productivity is down, despite all the efficiencies being offered by WFH.
As to what employers are doing, anecdotal reports on reddit suggest that employers are asking employees to return to the office - those that don't are let go. Of course there are also reports of contractors not being rehired and WFHers being replaced by offshore staff (if you're not in the building then why do you even need to be in the country?).

The problem is that productivity is down, despite all the efficiencies being offered by WFH.
So how do you improve productivity? get those who are doing the work to do more, or get the work done for less, which is easier with a free trade agreement with India.
HMMMMM hard question.
As to what employers are doing, anecdotal reports on reddit suggest that employers are asking employees to return to the office - those that don't are let go. Of course there are also reports of contractors not being rehired and WFHers being replaced by offshore staff (if you're not in the building then why do you even need to be in the country?).
Not anecdotal the S.I.L employs about 20 people his book keeping is done in India.
It isn't difficult to realise that whether your workforce does the work remotely 50klm away or 2,000km away does it matter, many say it doesn't as long as it is a reputable business and a secure portal.

Last edited:
You could also redo/redesign how you do what you do to actually enable WFH to work.

Don't change WFH to suit your work method, change your work method to suit WFH. If you can do that, even if it hits your productivity, if it allows, say, one day a week for everyone to WFH then that's 20% of your workspace saved. As long as your productivity doesn't drop by more than 19%, you're in front.
And as long as you can downscale your office costs by 20%
I would suggest indeed to change your work method, move toward 100% WFH and switch to full offshoring.
Local accounting firm did it in bali with owners going there for regular work meetings lol
But plenty of workers in this world competent available and with no 20$ an hour minimal wage costs.
That will would could reduce inflation
Add a bit of ai in the loop..

China inflation at 0%
China’s premier Li Qiang said late last week the state was planning measures to combat sluggish growth without providing detail.

Targeted and coordinated policy measures should be introduced and implemented in a timely manner to stabilise growth, ensure employment, and guard against risks,” Xinhua, China’s state media, quoted Li as saying.

..... (they all say that)

Vietnam, Philippines and India, the majority winners of China's downfall.

Except I believe the power will remain in China, just lost jobs in China to cheaper manufacturing countries with Chinese owned and financed overseas centres.
India could maybe do a China play /trick but not in my lifetime I suspect.