Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Inflation

What did you get in at? I'm getting full on fomo/thinking about a rebuy now. Fomo usually means it's time to sell but we're also at the absolute peak of the euro summer right now so the weather is only going to get colder and colder and colder from here on out.
I'm on about 2.85
Generally I hate these etfs due to the decay.
I heard something about a 20-1 reverse split or something?

As for gas I'm hearing the big traders are starting to go long. But that's from a dubious source.

As for gas I'm hearing the big traders are starting to go long.
Gas where?

North America?

EU / UK?

Spot market LNG?

Reason I'm asking is there's multiple different gas markets in practice and price can vary hugely between them simply due to the logistical constraints. Someone could plausibly get the direction of prices right in, say, the EU but stuff up the trade implementation if they don't realise that North America is a separate market. etc.

Caution is needed about the detail when it comes to gas. Specifically the location. :2twocents

Gas where?

North America?

EU / UK?

Spot market LNG?

Reason I'm asking is there's multiple different gas markets in practice and price can vary hugely between them simply due to the logistical constraints. Someone could plausibly get the direction of prices right in, say, the EU but stuff up the trade implementation if they don't realise that North America is a separate market. etc.

Caution is needed about the detail when it comes to gas. Specifically the location. :2twocents
North america.

I was stopped out of the trade.
I probably should stop stirring general chat and pay attention.

Any newbs should know that BOIL decays over time. It's more of a trading punt rather than a buy and forget.

Any newbs should know that BOIL decays over time. It's more of a trading punt rather than a buy and forget.
Anything leveraged is. All leveraged plays have fees and downside biases built in to them. They're a trading instrument, not a buy & hold.

They even state as such in their PDS's if you look (just to make it 1000% clear so they don't get sued).

Anything leveraged is. All leveraged plays have fees and downside biases built in to them. They're a trading instrument, not a buy & hold.

They even state as such in their PDS's if you look (just to make it 1000% clear so they don't get sued).
I remember people getting caught buying whatever they saw on stock forums before without checking.

View attachment 158237

"Here in europe we're about 6 months behind the U.S"

Aka "we started hiking 6 months too late".

They just need to throw a couple of 50's at it and get it over with. The yanks even gave us a 100 pointer at one point and the world didn't end so I'm sure europe can give it more than a pair of 25's.

I know europe's in a much more precarious position than the U.S but I'm still getting an overwhelming feeling of underaction from them nonetheless.

BoE surprises with a 50bps hike v. 25bps expected, now at 5%.

And the same with Norway - 50bps hike v. 25bps expected....

This doesn't look like the end of tightening
Called it.

Is not boil one of the "tools" which is taxed on sale for us , foreigners , under the new us tax laws.
I thought I saw this mentioned