Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Inflation

I'm heavy in growth. But the bulk of the play is done.
BOIL a good play.

I'm wondering if this spatial computing is going to finally take off. Personally I think those dork helmets from Apple are stupid though.
So did you grab any boil yesterday? ;)

2346245624562456.jpg

"Here in europe we're about 6 months behind the U.S"

Aka "we started hiking 6 months too late".

They just need to throw a couple of 50's at it and get it over with. The yanks even gave us a 100 pointer at one point and the world didn't end so I'm sure europe can give it more than a pair of 25's.

I know europe's in a much more precarious position than the U.S but I'm still getting an overwhelming feeling of underaction from them nonetheless.

Another better in term of pain inflicted way to fight inflation is via productivity
And it is now very clear that it means
the end of widespread WFH / remote work for the masses
Plain obvious but hey what would I know.
The terrible thing here is that I expect public services to be the ones to remain remote the most and so increasing their parasital take on the economy and that will not help the nation inflation figure....
Plenty of WFH public servant behind each of the front facing cop, teacher, or public facing admins.
The legacy of the Covid scam into inflation has many hidden ways...

Good bit from jordan about housing. It's all about how the left is eating itself but it contains a fair bit of reality RE: how australia (and its housing market) actually functions.

So, did you have a look at NKLA and RIDE @moXJO ?
Bit late now if you didn't.
NKLA likely to be held above $1 to avoid delisting or rev'split.
RIDE has very recently already done a reverse split. Deadly risky. But it seems to be off the races, then not, then again...sheesh. Getting too old for this yoyo business.

Screenshot_20230617-000651-527.png

Last edited:
So, did you have a look at NKLA and RIDE @moXJO ?
Bit late now if you didn't.
NKLA likely to be held above $1 to avoid delisting or rev'split.
RIDE has very recently already done a reverse split. Deadly risky. But it seems to be off the races, then not, then again...sheesh. Getting too old for this yoyo business.

View attachment 158300
I ended up putting a position on BOIL. I missed everything else.
By "missed" I meant "too lazy to look".

Last edited:
Now it's councils hiking fees:

Tenterfield council applied for a three-part rate variation representing a cumulative increase of 104.49 per cent, but it was only partially approved by IPART yesterday.

It has been approved for a 43 per cent increase over one year.

Even 43% is a massive jump.

Just posting it as another data point, another example of a price rise that affected consumers can't avoid paying. :2twocents

Now it's councils hiking fees:

Even 43% is a massive jump.

Just posting it as another data point, another example of a price rise that affected consumers can't avoid paying. :2twocents
And what will the 43% jump give the inhabitants of this shire, Next to nothing to zero perhaps.

You can start calling me moochie.
I got no problems riding coattails.
Cheers for the trade
What did you get in at? I'm getting full on fomo/thinking about a rebuy now. Fomo usually means it's time to sell but we're also at the absolute peak of the euro summer right now so the weather is only going to get colder and colder and colder from here on out.