Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Let me get this straight...

They have a large amount USD denominated debt?

And didn't hedge their currency risk?

Are these clowns for real? LMFAO!

:D...... i wonder if any holders here no the answer to these questions

one would thinkso hey........... strange that these points are not brought up

FMG is hit harder than BHP and RIO for a few reasons.
- BHPRIO diversify. They are world leading resource stock. FMG nowhere near the same basket of fish.
-FMG was a huge bubble. Blue sky stock in my books. Lots of potential as did many IT stocks in 2000. Potential counts for little in today's market.

Surprised by today's price. "Bottom of $2.04" (above post). Not sure how that is arrived at given none of us has the resources to really judge where the market will bottom.

My take;
-Read historical data (took 13 years for investors in 1929 to break even after the crash. Is this comparable? Who knows
-China is already defaulting on iron ore imports as they have stock piles
-Every one who holds at the hope that it will correct and minimize loss is gambling.

Market psychology along with tight credit is a double edged sword today.

You people are crazy selling FMG stock on rumours.

It has amazing potential still and at these prices only a fool would sell.

Hold / Wait give the company a chance to operate fully

Remember the Chinese are investors in FMG also and they wont let ther own ship sink too easily.

Remember the Chinese are investors in FMG also and they wont let ther own ship sink too easily.

um ...... the chinese are also major holders in MGX in fact the funny part is , is that the same major holder in mgx is also MGX,s largest customer .....

its all about chess .

Chinese are partly responsible for this resource mess we are in...

It has been a big black box to me with no publicly released economic indicators. Do people know the unemployment rate in china? Do we know their monthly retail spending?

It's time people start questioning how China is going to sustain itself in next 3yrs with their exports going to be badly hurt.

Anyone here hedge their stock using put options?

I don't have any FMG stock, but after watching it roll down the hill, it may be worth checking out the prices on put options.

As an example at the moment a December put at $7.5 strike (right to sell 1000 shares at $7.5) is going for $2.83 ($2830 per 1000 shares).

Please correct me if I'm wrong,

But protection at $7.5 for $2.83 seems like a huge bargain!

I just day traded the stock and made $150 profit, so im pretty happy with that, ive moved my buy FMG target down to $2.40 or less.. i seem to keep revising it down as every days trading session opens.. last week it was 4.20.. lol.

reackon the party was over at $8 cruise

assuming the bit in bold proves correct, tell me why I would not sell at $3 and buy at $1

Attachments

• fmg.gif
    fmg.gif
    19.3 KB · Views: 5
Personal choice i guess :0)

Risk either way sell at 3.00 market goes back up its a loss

goes down its a gain if you buy lower

mind you all this depends on your original buy price

if i buy at 6.00 sell at 3.00 loss 3.00 buy back at 1.00 still need it to get back up to 4 to break even.

Either way is a risk ,but then again thats the rush

Good luck :)

:banghead::banghead::banghead:
Hi, there

can anyone help me out? what's going on FMG price?

today's price is half of my buy price, :banghead: how can I do? hold or buy again?

**** WALL STREET

Hi, there

can anyone help me out? what's going on FMG price? It's going down and has been for the past 2 weeks
today's price is half of my buy price, :banghead: how can I do? hold or buy again? Those are 2 of the options, the other would be to sell.

**** WALL STREET
See responses above. This is a great forum but please read the FAQ. We are not allowed to give advice.

i am hanging to pounce on this again-but i feel i am very lucky as everytime i go to buy it just drops like a sack-

maybe its just a bit of payback--lol

i am just standing back-

wall st tonight will be a other hold your breath session

good weekend and happy trading for next week-

Thanks

Nick--

this is becoming a bloodbath...

jeez it would be nice to have some relief next week.
what's annoying is all the questions about where the bottom will be.

NO ONE KNOWS!

what's annoying is all the questions about where the bottom will be.

NO ONE KNOWS!

yeah and the really really really dumb thing is its not going back to $13 in a week.

Why even try to catch it. Just watch and wait. Buy AFTER the first higher low. Something we have not had since it broke its long term trend at $8.

Who gives a toss how good a company it is or how much of a bargain it is............... Its still going DOWN.

Hi, there

can anyone help me out? what's going on FMG price?

today's price is half of my buy price, :banghead: how can I do? hold or buy again?

**** WALL STREET

ASX_newbie,

Welcome to ASF!

It is not permitted for anyone on this forum to give you buy, sell or hold advice on any particular stock. Only licensed financial advisors are legally allowed to provide you with such specific advice.

Here is some information on getting financial advice from ASIC's consumer website: http://www.fido.asic.gov.au/fido/fido.nsf/byHeadline/Getting good advice

Just a note to other participants in this thread: Please do not describe FMG (or any other stock) as a buy, a sell or a hold. It is not permitted and posts that contain this kind of advice will be edited or removed.

Now, please carry on. :)

that's it but everything is going down.

will be interesting to see how the recovery unfolds, if there is a recovery :confused: surely the big fund managers and all the super funds cannot all pull their money out of the market, they have to join in or restart at some time

Just a note to other participants in this thread: Please do not describe FMG (or any other stock) as a buy, a sell or a hold. It is not permitted and posts that contain this kind of advice will be edited or remove

Just a question on that Joe, does this mean if someone buys, or sells, they can't say that they did, nor the reasons for it?

Just a question on that Joe, does this mean if someone buys, or sells, they can't say that they did, nor the reasons for it?

If someone is buying or selling then it's fine to mention that you have done so, but I (and presumably everyone else) would also like to hear the reasons for it. This puts those actions in context.

What is strictly forbidden are remarks like this:

"This stock is a good buy at the moment."

"I recommend those holding to sell this dog."

or

"You should hold this stock until after the next announcement."

Basically, any statement that advises others to buy, sell or hold a stock is not permitted on ASF. Also, it is forbidden to offer others specific advice on how to invest their funds.

Also, I should add that there is nothing wrong with stating that in your opinion that a stock is "undervalued" or "overvalued" as long as you provide reasons (any relevant analysis) to support your view.

Hope that clears things up a little.

If someone is buying or selling then it's fine to mention that you have done so, but I (and presumably everyone else) would also like to hear the reasons for it. This puts those actions in context.

What is strictly forbidden are remarks like this:

"This stock is a good buy at the moment."

"I recommend those holding to sell this dog."

or

"You should hold this stock until after the next announcement."

Basically, any statement that advises others to buy, sell or hold a stock is not permitted on ASF. Also, it is forbidden to offer others specific advice on how to invest their funds.

Also, I should add that there is nothing wrong with stating that in your opinion that a stock is "undervalued" or "overvalued" as long as you provide reasons (any relevant analysis) to support your view.

Hope that clears things up a little.

So its okay to let everyone know im selling my wife? :D:D:D

Spose it doesnt matter no one would buy bad stock anyways :0)))

Hey gotta have some fun these hard times :)

i would expect that most of fmg's debt to be in US denomination, agree.
i don't have their accounts in front of me, they would be interesting.
but fmgs operating costs would mostly be AUD, (labour, tax, hire) as would their current capital expenditures.

fmg's debt while large, is not large on a Projected earnings basis

I'd agree renim (fwiw lol )

There have been a few posts suggesting Andrew Forrest should have hedged etc - not sure what facts are behind those posts - but in any case , surely his future exports are in USD. :2twocents