Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

as is the toxic waste , currently

which asks the question , what research is being done to re-purpose that waste ( apart from turning it into armor-piercing projectiles )

we have been aware of this issue for 40 years

All the nuclear waste ever produced could be stored on a footy field. It's one of the only forms of energy (maybe the only) where the waste is fully contained and does not get into the environment.

Finland have a good plan for storage that is a good model. Plenty of countries would have the right geological setting to copy this.

All the nuclear waste ever produced could be stored on a footy field. It's one of the only forms of energy (maybe the only) where the waste is fully contained and does not get into the environment.

Finland have a good plan for storage that is a good model. Plenty of countries would have the right geological setting to copy this.
As someone who has actually visited La Hague where nuclear waste is processed, may i tell you that a footy field is far from being enough unless you pile it up to the moon ?, that you can not put waste blocks next to each others..and that their vitrified containers have to be cooled down in a magnificent blue water pool 24/7 for the next couple of thousand years...
Yes it is small in volume but the equivalent of a grapefruit of plutonium is enough to poison..chemically..not via radiation..the whole of mankind..from my uni years where i studied nuclear physics..doubt this has changed in the last 30y.
Considering the abysmal level of scientific knowledge shown here with covid, i would not be that keen to live by an Australian approved nuclear facility..she'll not be right mate

As someone who has actually visited La Hague where nuclear waste is processed, may i tell you that a footy field is far from being enough unless you pile it up to the moon ?, that you can not put waste blocks next to each others..and that their vitrified containers have to be cooled down in a magnificent blue water pool 24/7 for the next couple of thousand years...
Yes it is small in volume but the equivalent of a grapefruit of plutonium is enough to poison..chemically..not via radiation..the whole of mankind..from my uni years where i studied nuclear physics..doubt this has changed in the last 30y.
Considering the abysmal level of scientific knowledge shown here with covid, i would not be that keen to live by an Australian approved nuclear facility..she'll not be right mate
But fmg is not yet in nuclear materials resources?

by the way picking up some extra FMG sub $15 wasn't as hard as i expected ( bought some at open for $14.20 )

i think one of the chartists here should take a little bow

thanks for the heads up

cheers

• Open$14.200
  • High$14.880
  • Low$14.200
according to Commsec for me

but the confirmation note still hasn't been posted ( nearly one hour later ) ( but the order is gone

it could be broken once again ( and no Commsec Community to double check in )

but the confirmation note still hasn't been posted ( nearly one hour later ) ( but the order is gone

it could be broken once again ( and no Commsec Community to double check in )
I think its all a bit slow this morning. I bought some other stuff this morning (according to plan), and NABTrade took ages to send the confirmation, not that this is unusual.

Check your portfolio, it should have been updated.

KH

As someone who has actually visited La Hague where nuclear waste is processed, may i tell you that a footy field is far from being enough unless you pile it up to the moon

About 50ft high, it would be.

Onkalo does sound like a solution and will be there long after humans have left this planet. Just need some intergalactic signs of danger to put on the entrance.

in the actual portfolio they are there , but not change in average SP that is supposedly automatic ( and no confirmation note )

however that is not completely rare with Commsec

no similar issues with Bell Direct on the RRL which was filled later ( about ten minutes after the open completed ) contract note in the website AND emailed

one of those days i guess

meanwhile have a part-filled EVN with the price climbing at least the share value was more than the brokerage this time

So Pesky----Technical Trader comment.

Long term holders could have easily
sold in the $20s and re purchase MORE
later and STILL received the dividend.
In-fact more dividend return.

These lofty heights may take a very very
long time to be re visited.

Do many long term holders do this OR is it
just not heard of?

not me ( not yet anyway ) i originally bought at $19.90 shortly before the recent results , bought some more last Thursday @ $17.60 and more today @ $14.20 , all in the one month

but i am not unhappy i originally bought HOPING for a $1 div. twice a year , that has been exceeded so far

time will tell if i got it right ( rather than perfect ) or not

So Pesky----Technical Trader comment.

Long term holders could have easily
sold in the $20s and re purchase MORE
later and STILL received the dividend.
In-fact more dividend return.

These lofty heights may take a very very
long time to be re visited.

Do many long term holders do this OR is it
just not heard of?

Depends how long you plan to hold and how long you have been holding. In the past I passed on selling and buying dips on certain shares in the face of giving up 50% cgt discount when holding for over a year

the bottom .. so far still more than three hours of trading to go and the XJO is certainly not rallying , down roughly 120 points currently