Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

FMG deal yesterday

Hunan Valin takes a stake in FMG, et voila, FMG takes a price drop in China for its ore.
It also ends up under the deal in debt to China.
Bang goes a slice of WA state royalties.
Is this good for FMG shareholders?

is this good for fmg shareholders, its currently neither good or bad.
but if fmg gets a line of credit like china was to give rio, then it will be great for both WA employment and FMG shareholders. the losers in this win-lose situation will primarily be indian iron ore producers, then brazil iron producers and finally rio/bhp (in that order too)

Re: FMG

:banghead:Well im currently kicking myself when i saw fmg at 3.38yesterday :banghead:,Well its a great move so far already 8%..hmmm well i missed that move,:banghead:

:banghead:Well im currently kicking myself when i saw fmg at 3.38yesterday :banghead:,Well its a great move so far already 8%..hmmm well i missed that move,:banghead:

And I was thinking of selling because it kept drifting lower and lower. But FMS was steadily rising (nearby mine) so I held off for a bit as something was happening. Both up nicely today.
(It's quite cute watching all those :banghead: doing it in time together!)

i saw it going to... and i let it go.

imo - too many factors telling me not to get in yet. it's just bounced on a support level (i believe)

MACD is still saying the down trend is continuing, eventhough RSI indicated the best buying point (yesterday) that we've seen since the lows in december.

fundamentally there is the big issue of the refinacing... AND the issue of metals prices continuing to fall in coming months.

so i think you might get some more buying opps before the end of the year... (as long as they still havent re-financed)

but DYOR

i saw it going to... and i let it go.

imo - too many factors telling me not to get in yet. it's just bounced on a support level (i believe)

MACD is still saying the down trend is continuing, eventhough RSI indicated the best buying point (yesterday) that we've seen since the lows in december.

fundamentally there is the big issue of the refinacing... AND the issue of metals prices continuing to fall in coming months.

so i think you might get some more buying opps before the end of the year... (as long as they still havent re-financed)

but DYOR

I'd tend with agree with your comments made,MACD yes it still pointing downwards and I think the CISA agreement is affecting the price also as it moved past the deadline on the 30th of sept,But on rsi and also stochastic view it has indicated a good buying point.Also to mention it didn't move through it's resistance level of $3.25,It's consolidated and moved up.

I'd tend with agree with your comments made,MACD yes it still pointing downwards and I think the CISA agreement is affecting the price also as it moved past the deadline on the 30th of sept,But on rsi and also stochastic view it has indicated a good buying point.Also to mention it didn't move through it's resistance level of $3.25,It's consolidated and moved up.

i dont know but to me stochatics are trending towards lower lows - the last four troughs have been lower lows... granted K has diverged quite considerably from your trigger.... which is still hanging below 20... but there's been about 13 crossovers in the last three days!!!

i think that means we go back to the fundamentals.... which are screwed

if the cisa agreement comes through shortly it will prove me wrong... but the longer people wait for that, the further the price will go down i think.

for my sake (because i want to buy back in) i hope the agreement stays away for as long as possible

i dont know but to me stochatics are trending towards lower lows - the last four troughs have been lower lows... granted K has diverged quite considerably from your trigger.... which is still hanging below 20... but there's been about 13 crossovers in the last three days!!!

i think that means we go back to the fundamentals.... which are screwed

if the cisa agreement comes through shortly it will prove me wrong... but the longer people wait for that, the further the price will go down i think.

for my sake (because i want to buy back in) i hope the agreement stays away for as long as possible

Well would have to agree,The longer the agreement delays with the CISA,The longer it will affect the price,The orginal deadline was the 30th,The longer it delays the more suspect the deal could be.Seems Baosteel group and the chineese iron association are sitting in the box seat as falling commodity prices continue.Could they renege on the price of ore?Or re-settle for a better deal due to the falling commodity prices?I'm not sure,But if the deal falls apart,So will the share price!

Well would have to agree,The longer the agreement delays with the CISA,The longer it will affect the price,The orginal deadline was the 30th,The longer it delays the more suspect the deal could be.Seems Baosteel group and the chineese iron association are sitting in the box seat as falling commodity prices continue.Could they renege on the price of ore?Or re-settle for a better deal due to the falling commodity prices?I'm not sure,But if the deal falls apart,So will the share price!

agreed.

in that situation i'd say they would re-test support at $2.40(odd) or possibly lower!

i'll still never know why i didnt buy them when they slipped under $1.50 tho - doubt we'll see that again.... actually given the fact that i think we'll see another, bigger wave of the GFC within the next two years then maybe we will???

Who else saw the story about FMG on tonight's "The 7:30 Report"?

I'm not sure what to make of it, or how it might affect the SP.
It could go either way.
It was great PR, if people didn't know about the "New Force", and their planned increase in production.

On the other hand it reveals that Andrew Forrest may have told some porkies (to be investigated), and if found guilty, would be banned from being a company director.

Who else saw the story about FMG on tonight's "The 7:30 Report"?

I'm not sure what to make of it, or how it might affect the SP.
It could go either way.
It was great PR, if people didn't know about the "New Force", and their planned increase in production.

On the other hand it reveals that Andrew Forrest may have told some porkies (to be investigated), and if found guilty, would be banned from being a company director.

i missed it and saw the last 5 seconds!, here is the link if anyone else wants to watch it.

http://www.abc.net.au/7.30/

will be interesting to see what happens with FMG shares. (yes i am a holder)

FMG has been making a steady upward trend over the past year. As I said a year and a half ago, if the investor holds onto the stock for a long enough period of time and the company does not sell at a reduced rate, the chances are good that money can be made on this stock.

wow well timed comment by dat111, do you know something we don't?

Not much news lately, it's been business as usual for a while now, wonder why the price jump.

FMG made a Dow Theory entry on a weekly chart in Nov 09, and has been tracking up ever since. It still makes me smile to have days like these though.

Forget the news, trade the price. :D

I live in the heartland of the US. I am looking at the businesses that appear to be working somewhat OK with the new administration making a decision to push health care and cap and trade. Those two items make it very difficult to grow business in the US because the engineers who are responsible for planning new projects do not know what the price of energy and labor will be with the new regulation. This has caused America to stop growing. A good deal of the manufacturing in the US has slowed way down because there is no growth. The one industry that I do business with that still seems to be working is coal. Not only is it working but it is expanding. This made absolutely no sense as our power plants and steel mills are operating at less than 40% of their production rate. I asked my customers where the coal is going and they told me that it is being shipped out of the country with China being the biggest purchaser. This also did not make sense to me as China has one of the largest deposits of coal on the planet. The issue is that China cannot produce their coal fast enough and is importing from the US. Or it could be that China is dumping US dollars and buying a commodity that they need before inflation destroys the value of the dollar.

The same might be going on with FMG. China might be dumping US dollars to purchase assets. It is my guess that this will continue over the next year.

wow well timed comment by dat111, do you know something we don't?

Not much news lately, it's been business as usual for a while now, wonder why the price jump.

I know nothing. In fact, I probably know less than the rest of you regarding what happens in Australia. I have been there once. It was about 30 years ago as a teenager. Was in Sydney, Canberra and stayed in a town called Kiama.

rumour is FMG is hitting record 24hr production in december, well on their way to getting 55mpta, which is what they are aiming for.

they are also looking for more money to increase production, talk is that it wont be equity based, maybe the Chinese will put some $ in...

all good for FMG, yes I am a holder.

good week for fmg..closing the last trading day of with a solid gain when the rest of the market was fairly flat..volumes of trades are up...all signs are looking good for the new force.