Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Donald Trump - Business and tax stories

Acc/ording to SMH

Shubin also pointed to a 1993 agreement between Trump and the city that said Mar-a-Lago would revert to private residential use if the club were “abandoned”.
“Anybody who buys it … would just step into the shoes of President Trump,” defence lawyer Christopher Kise said.
Some Palm Beach luxury real estate agents have told The Associated Press that the property would sell for $US300 million to $US600 million, and possibly $US1 billion or more if it sparked a bidding war among ultra-wealthy contenders.

So said Moens, a longtime Mar-a-Lago club member who has said he once sold another Palm Beach property on Trump’s behalf.
So much that is written is contestable.
It depends entirely on which side you support.
Mick

Acc/ording to SMH

So much that is written is contestable.
It depends entirely on which side you support.
Mick

In reality the case was heard by a Judge who examined the facts of the all the properties held by the Trump organisation and all the financial statements relevant to their operations over 10 years in relation to providing evidence of the companies financial capacity when looking for loans.

In the case of Mars a Lago the Judge found that because Donald Trump had agreed by signed deed to restrict the use of the property to a social club it was fraudulent of the company to then pretend it should be valued as a prime piece of subdivisable real estate when it suited their purpose. ( Remember Trump entered the deed of arrangement to reduce his local tax liability and enjoyed this value for 20 years)

The Judge also found the other SIX properties and the financial statements around their value and usage were dishonest and largely misrepresented the financial position of the company. The details of their deception are laid out in the judgement. An appellant court can decide if the Judge made a grievous error and that all the statements were as true as Trump claims. Quoting Trumps Real Estate buddies as authorities is not useful - particularly when they were used as expert witnesses in the trial and the Judge found their testimony unconvincing.

In reality the case was heard by a Judge who examined the facts of the all the properties held by the Trump organisation and all the financial statements relevant to their operations over 10 years in relation to providing evidence of the companies financial capacity when looking for loans.

In the case of Mars a Lago the Judge found that because Donald Trump had agreed by signed deed to restrict the use of the property to a social club it was fraudulent of the company to then pretend it should be valued as a prime piece of subdivisable real estate when it suited their purpose. ( Remember Trump entered the deed of arrangement to reduce his local tax liability and enjoyed this value for 20 years)
If all that was true, why have the IRS not gone after him for tax evasion?
Geez, the IRS has gone after anyone to the right of Ghengis Khan.

The Judge also found the other SIX properties and the financial statements around their value and usage were dishonest and largely misrepresented the financial position of the company. The details of their deception are laid out in the judgement. An appellant court can decide if the Judge made a grievous error and that all the statements were as true as Trump claims. Quoting Trumps Real Estate buddies as authorities is not useful - particularly when they were used as expert witnesses in the trial and the Judge found their testimony unconvincing.
Bas, the case was heard by an elected democrat, who had already exhibited bias against Trump before the case even started.
When discussing the Letitia James case against Trump, he is on record as saying that trump is Just a bade guy and she shold go after him".
He is on record as donated to the Democrat campaign funds.
You can believe what you like, I have doubt about any of the crap that comes out of a Judicial system where the judges are elected based on their party affiliation.
The whole legal setup is about stopping trump being elected.
If that is not judicial corruption I don't know what is.

The only body that should decide whether trump gets elected are he citizens of USA.

Mick

If all that was true, why have the IRS not gone after him for tax evasion?
Geez, the IRS has gone after anyone to the right of Ghengis Khan.

Bas, the case was heard by an elected democrat, who had already exhibited bias against Trump before the case even started.
When discussing the Letitia James case against Trump, he is on record as saying that trump is Just a bade guy and she shold go after him".
He is on record as donated to the Democrat campaign funds.
You can believe what you like, I have doubt about any of the crap that comes out of a Judicial system where the judges are elected based on their party affiliation.
The whole legal setup is about stopping trump being elected.
If that is not judicial corruption I don't know what is.

The only body that should decide whether trump gets elected are he citizens of USA.

Mick
Mick your buying the story that the judge was biased against Trump. That he thought he was a bad guy.

I don't know where that came from. However as Judge Engeron said in his statement "This was not Donald Trumps first rodeo" In fact he highlighted a string of 4 recent convictions of the Trump family for fraud. They had repeated form.

It was also the case that Donald Trump insisted he had done no wrong. That the books were perfect (Apart from one teensy little mistake in tripling the size of his penthouse for valuation purposes) On that basis the Judge decided that these people would just continue to act as fraudulently as they always had unless closely supervised. Hence the continuation of Judge Jones as independent monitor.

The Trump organization and its principals were convicted of issuing false financial statements based on thousands of false business records. If in some special Trumpian universe a judge would have declared the records were true and accurate and Trump was innocent, the outrage to reality would have been monumental. Black was now white. Lies were now truth. The legal system would have had to carve out an entire new series of "laws" that ensured Donald Trump was never found guilty of anything.

But that is what Trump was demanding and what it appears you think should have happened. That somehow Donald Trump should never have been found guilty of systematically deceiving banks and insurance companies with fictitious financial statements. That because Donald Trump was such a "great man" "a genius" he could not be allowed to be shown as a dishonest business cheat.

We know that Trump is forcefully arguing this Trumpian creed. He wants the Supreme Court to declare that anything he ever did as a President was untouchable. To say he was beyond any legal sanction. To throw out of court all the remaining charges he faces on the basis of absolute immunity.

He wants to, if he wants to, be able to shoot anyone on New Yorks 5th avenue and get away with it.

Trumps recent business history and why Judge Engeron threw the book at him.

Of course, the more evidence there is of defendants’ ongoing propensity to engage in fraud, the more need there is for the Court to impose stricter injunctive relief. This is not defendants’ first rodeo.

In August 2013, OAG sued Donald Trump, the Trump Organization, and affiliated entities doing business as “Trump University” for fraud in the marketing and operation of “Trump University.” People v Trump Entrepreneur Initiative LLC, Sup Ct, NY County, Index No. 451463/2013. That litigation was resolved as part of a class action settlement in which Donald Trump and the Trump Organization agreed to pay $25 million to Trump University clients. Id. at NYSCEF Doc. 336.

In June 2018, OAG sued Donald Trump, Donald Trump, Jr., Eric Trump, and others for persistent violations of law arising out of the Donald J. Trump Foundation, including “failure to follow basic fiduciary obligations or implement even elementary corporate formalities required
by law.” People v Trump, Sup Ct, NY County, Index No. 451130/2018. That litigation was resolved in November 2019 pursuant to a settlement that included the dissolution of the Foundation and a requirement that Donald Trump, Jr. and Eric Trump attend training on the
responsibilities of officers and directors of charitable organizations. Id. at NYSCEF Doc. 139.

On May 3, 2022, the Trump Organization and the Trump Old Post Office LLC entered into a settlement agreement with the Office of the Attorney General for the District of Columbia arising out of allegations that the 58th Presidential Inaugural Committee paid excessive fees to the Old Post Office LLC that accrued to defendants’ benefit. See https://oag.dc.gov/sites/default/files/2022-05/Trump-PIC-Consent-Motion-Settlement-Order.pdf.

And finally, as previously noted, on August 18, 2022, Weisselberg pleaded guilty to 15 criminal counts of tax fraud, including four counts of Falsifying Business Records, while at the Trump Organization. People v Weisselberg, Indictment No. 1473-2021 (Sup Ct, NY County). In that same case, the Trump Organization, the Donald J. Trump Revocable Trust and DJT Holdings LLC were convicted of 17 criminal counts arising out of tax fraud, including seven counts of Falsifying Business Records. People v The Trump Corp., Sup Ct, NY County, Indictment No. 1473/2021.

Accordingly, this Court finds that defendants are likely to continue their fraudulent ways unless the Court grants significant injunctive relief

Page 88

Attachments

• ny-state-trump-fraud-trial-verdict(1)(1).pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 3
So if Trump decides not to request a stay while the appeal process goes on, Biden/Obama's dragon lady DA can send in the sheriffs to grab his assets to secure the judgment debt.

Does that mean there's enough asset there to cover the borrowings he supposedly didn't have enough asset to cover?

Who knows what Trump is actually worth. $5B ? $6B Whatever figures he puts up in lights ?

One is reminded of the old stock market saying.

"When the tide goes out you see who is swimming naked"

1000009933.jpg

Who knows what Trump is actually worth. $5B ? $6B Whatever figures he puts up in lights ?

One is reminded of the old stock market saying.

"When the tide goes out you see who is swimming naked"
When you go for a loan Bas, the bank asks you to put down the value of your assets and liabilities, they have people who look at that and decide the risk on what information you have given.
They aren't muppets, if they think you have overstated your assets, they don't take on the risk.
Who is at fault, Trump for overvaluing his assets, or the banks for no carrying out due diligence?
The bigger question is, did he ever become delinquent on any of the loans? I'm sure I've read that Musk has been very creative in some of his financial dealings, especially in the early years, yet he is the pin up boy of entrepreneurship.
Guess it depends if the media like you or not, Elon slips in and out of favour, where Trump they just plain hate and the chorus joins in. 🤣
I personally don't give a rats behind one way or the other, but watching the fervour is entertaining, especially when his popularity heads in exactly the opposite way the media want it to go.
Just great entertainment. :xyxthumbs
It's like a "survivor USA" special, "will Trump survive the all the challenges that the establishment and the media throw at him", stay tuned.

When you go for a loan Bas, the bank asks you to put down the value of your assets and liabilities, they have people who look at that and decide the risk on what information you have given.
They aren't muppets, if they think you have overstated your assets, they don't take on the risk.
Who is at fault, Trump for overvaluing his assets, or the banks for no carrying out due diligence?
The bigger question is, did he ever become delinquent on any of the loans? I'm sure I've read that Musk has been very creative in some of his financial dealings, especially in the early years, yet he is the pin up boy of entrepreneurship.
Guess it depends if the media like you or not, Elon slips in and out of favour, where Trump they just plain hate and the chorus joins in. 🤣
I personally don't give a rats behind one way or the other, but watching the fervour is entertaining, especially when his popularity heads in exactly the opposite way the media want it to go.
It's like a "survivor USA" special, "will Trump survive the all the challenges that the establishment and the media throw at him", stay tuned.
Well I suppose that is one way of viewing the situation. It appears as if you are saying that really it doesn't matter what the Trump organisation did as far as their business enterprises. If Donald wanted to make up fancy figures about his net worth that was just his boasting. And really why should anyone get upset about a business that just routinely makes up quite fictitious figures about their multi billion dollar operation - particularly if they can get away with it ? Am I reading you right SP ?

So on that topic what did you think of the other 4 actions taken against the Trump organisation and referenced in Judge Engerons summary ? I noted them on Post 1365

Well I suppose that is one way of viewing the situation. It appears as if you are saying that really it doesn't matter what the Trump organisation did as far as their business enterprises. If Donald wanted to make up fancy figures about his net worth that was just his boasting. And really why should anyone get upset about a business that just routinely makes up quite fictitious figures about their multi billion dollar operation - particularly if they can get away with it ? Am I reading you right SP ?

So on that topic what did you think of the other 4 actions taken against the Trump organisation and referenced in Judge Engerons summary ? I noted them on Post 1365
Well it sounds like one was a foundation, but correct me if I'm wrong, isn't that a charity sort of thing, I think Twiggy supports heaps of them if one goes off the rails should Twiggy be held personally responsible?
The rest sound like low level accounting scams, that no doubt any high flying company attempts, how many companies here have been done for underpayment.
Do you think for one minute that all the companies that all the politicians in the U.S are involved in are as clean as driven snow and only Trumps companies push the boundaries? I mean really.
Or do you think you might be a bit over the top fixated on the ant Trump rhetoric and you may have lost you objectivity?

Last edited:
Well it sounds like one was a foundation, but correct me if I'm wrong, isn't that a charity sort of thing, I think Twiggy supports heaps of them if one goes off the rails should Twiggy be held personally responsible?
The rest sound like low level accounting scams, that no doubt any high flying company attempts, how many companies here have been done for underpayment.
Do you think for one minute that all the companies that all the politicians in the U.S are as clean as driven snow and only Trumps companies push the boundaries? I mean really.
Or do you think you might be a bit over the top fixated on the ant Trump rhetoric and you may have lost you objectivity?

Why not find out what the Trump organisation was convicted of with these 4 separate instances ?

Nikki is a swamp rat, supported by Soros.

Anyways, yes please...

JUST IN - U.S. Supreme Court will hear Trump's presidential immunity appeal in late April.

1000009943.jpg

US greatness was built by big noters with exagerated notions of self and personal wealth. It seems to be a proven recipe of success.

US greatness was built by big noters with exagerated notions of self and personal wealth. It seems to be a proven recipe of success.

A lot of people also built their wealth on fraud. It appears from the Courts judgment that Donald Trump business success owed more to direct fraudulent behaviour than just a bit of big noting.

The "Trump University" fraud highlights one of the most direct examples of his capacity to rip people off.

A lot of people also built their wealth on fraud. It appears from the Courts judgment that Donald Trump business success owed more to direct fraudulent behaviour than just a bit of big noting.

The "Trump University" fraud highlights one of the most direct examples of his capacity to rip people off.

All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.

H. L. Mencken

All men are frauds. The only difference between them is that some admit it. I myself deny it.

H. L. Mencken
Profound, as usual, Tisme. This is "The don't go to jail free card " ?

Perhaps a few more ..

A gentlemen is simply a patient wolf.
Lana Turner

The less men think, the more they talk
Montesquie

xullshit baffles Brains
Donald Trump

The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions
Leonardo Da Vinci

Just more crazy made up stuff from the looney left.......

You have to admit, the CIA has done an amazing job convincing itself and most of the country (and some ASF members here) that Trump is a Russian Spy.

Hook

Line

Sinker

02.jpeg