Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Did you know?

...The journey of food through the digestive system takes different times for different people. Some foods may pass through more quickly than others. Digestion can be interrupted, or perhaps never even begun, if a person is upset or excited.
Normally, however, your digestive system works continuously to supply your body with the substances it needs for cell building so that you may work, play, and grow in good health.

...that there was/is a law that allows a shop keeper to refuse your piggybank of coins? :confused:

Attachments

• New Picture.jpg
    New Picture.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 200
...if you want to prune bonsais properly (Bonsai translates as "tree in a pot") you need: Twig shears, available in three sizes, start with medium; side cutters, come in three sizes, start with medium; wire cutters, available in two sizes, start with the small size; concave cutters, available in several sizes, start with a smallish size; and root shears, come in two sizes, start with the small size.

...if you want to prune bonsais properly (Bonsai translates as "tree in a pot") you need: Twig shears, available in three sizes, start with medium; side cutters, come in three sizes, start with medium; wire cutters, available in two sizes, start with the small size; concave cutters, available in several sizes, start with a smallish size; and root shears, come in two sizes, start with the small size.

...and if you are a bit tight try, pliers, scissors and pruners, you have tucked away in that drawer somewhere.

...that Alan Bond (b22/4/1938 Hammersmith, London), of former business, yachting and bankruptcy fame, founded Global Diamond Resources, a Gibraltan Company developing the KAO diamond pipe in the Kingdom of Lesotho, formerly Basutoland.

...the Great Barrier Reef includes about 700 islands and is about 2,000Kms long and at its widest point, it is about 70Kms wide.

...that Ivan Pavlov was a Russian researcher into Physiology (1849-1936). He won a Nobel Prize in 1904 for work on digestion. But he is mainly remembered for his work with animals which revealed an unconsious process of 'learning by association'. This greatly influenced modern PSYCHOLOGY.

...that Ivan Pavlov was a Russian researcher into Physiology (1849-1936). He won a Nobel Prize in 1904 for work on digestion. But he is mainly remembered for his work with animals which revealed an unconsious process of 'learning by association'. This greatly influenced modern PSYCHOLOGY.

Oh yes, even knowing of the process doesn`t make it any easier to control.Like a scratch that you can`t itch.

In the last 12 months you/r (approximately):

Blinked 6,205,000 times
Replaced about 98% of atoms in your body
Blood travelled 96,540km through your body each day
Heart beat 36,500,000 times
Breathed 10,000,000 times
Farted 5,110 times (although this is debatable)
Produced 183 Litres of “fart gas”
And visited the dunny 2,200 times but this is directly proportional to the consumption of beer and pizza

Australian Darts player, Simon "the wizard" Whitlock, from Queensland, faces number 1 seed, Mark Webster from Wales, in the Final of the World Darts Championship at The Lakeside, England, on Sunday 12th January at 4.00am AEST.

Photo: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_sports/darts/7179755.stm

World Darts Federation details: http://dartswdf.com/aa_darts/index.html

CORRECTION: It might be nearer Monday 13th January at 4.00am to 4.20am AEST. Yes infact it is. My apologies M8's.

..the top ten white lies:
1). Nothing's wrong - I'm fine
2). Nice to see you
3). I haven't got any cash on me
4). I'll give you a ring
5). Sorry, I missed your call
6). We'll have to meet up soon
7). I'm on my way
8). No, your bum doesn't look big in that
9). I'm stuck in traffic
10). What text?

..the top ten white lies:
1). Nothing's wrong - I'm fine
2). Nice to see you
3). I haven't got any cash on me
4). I'll give you a ring
5). Sorry, I missed your call
6). We'll have to meet up soon
7). I'm on my way
8). No, your bum doesn't look big in that
9). I'm stuck in traffic
10). What text?

11). Darrrling... you know I love you. :D

...that Ivan the Terrible, (IVAN IV) First Tsar of Russia (born 1530, reigned 1533-1584). Gaining effective power at age 14, he had himself crowned Tsar in 1547. His rule extended Russia's territory and reduced the power of the Nobles. But from about 1560 he grew into a ferocious and unstable tyrant.

The longest dump ever verified was produced by an American, who produced a 'staggering turd' over a period of 2 hr 12 mins which was officially measured at 12 ft 2 in. The offender is banned from 134 washrooms in his state.