Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

David Hicks protests

not disagreeing with your main points at all. just pointing out that

a) america was going to invade iraq because iraq was going to sell oil in euros, not $US. an invasion was going to happen no matter what, the war on terror just provided a convenient justification.

b) al-quada aren't a threat to us in any traditional sense (ie. invasion, coup d'etat etc.). the "terror" they inspire is out of all proportion to their actual capabilities, it is just the government and media using AQ as a boogeyman to frighten the populace into behaving. proper governments should inspire the populace into behaving but we don't really see much inspiration these days so terror will have to do.

Never saw this thread before and have not read much of it but will say I am surprised to find I agree with disarray on this. I really do feel Saddam was partly on the way to changing energy prices to Euro, rather than USD. It would have collapsed the US economy.

Still no reason to go to war though, over a currency??. :2twocents

Still no reason to go to war though, over a currency??. :2twocents

not a currency, free energy. oil paid in $US means = US trades paper for oil = free energy.

if oil trades in euros then the US has to purchase euros which costs them "real" money

Yep, and more afraid, and considerably more inconvenienced with all the added security which makes travel a nightmare.
J, take air travel for instance :)

Attachments

• cartoon111.jpg
    cartoon111.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 70