Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

BPT - Beach Energy

Michael Gable thinks oil stocks could take off. Obviously there will be individual variation. He is keen on Woodside:

"Is this the next sector to take off?
"I recently wrote about how share markets could see some large rotations occur once the US Federal Reserve started cutting interest rates.
Two weeks ago I made a quick video explaining that it was a matter of when not if commodities start a huge rally.
So what is the next sector that is due to take off? Are we about to see a massive short squeeze in oil stocks?"

BPT Held
Holding

On paper WDS should be the one, but i find it hard to go back significantly.. from past experience.not that they will not ride the wave as any oiler will.
I have nevertheless a small exposure to WDS, a painful much bigger to BPT..was too early..and a nice OOO and FUEL ETFs packet

on fundamentals , it should trend lower , on a slowing economy and higher inflation ( higher costs )

however it DOES have several capped wells ( waiting for infrastructure and a profitable scenario for those wells )
my av. SP is 52.5 cents , as i was buying from 76.5 cents down to 40 vents in 2015/2016

i start to find BPT interesting when it dips below 80 cents
The inflation feeds straight into the end product so i really dont think inflation is relevant, yep Beach have a **** load of capped wells just waiting - this kind of cracks me up every time the media carry's on about gas shortages, Beach may have more gas in capped wells than it does in production wells.

a painful much bigger to BPT..
@qldfrog yes, I was too early into BPT too following on from a lengthy essay by Greg Canavan: 'Not Zero' sic, and his successive BUY recs for Beach. He first tipped it in January 2021. Anyway I don't mind my manageable holding and just hope that Waitsia pays off. I think Greg still believes higher production lies ahead but has a HOLD on it currently. By the way he has also tipped OccIdental Petroleum (OXY) on the NYSE for anyone who ventures into foreign markets. Isn't OXY the one that Buffett has been buying? On the ASX he is also tipping Karoon Energy (KAR) still a BUY and Origin (ORG) Hold. Woodside is a BUY and then there are his coal stocks mentioned on other threads.
My average on BPT : $1.51
Edit: just checked out the long term chart of OXY. Currently at $55 but crashed as far as $10 in the year of the CCP Wuhan pandemic, 2020.

Last edited:
It's almost patriotic to own this share.

Held
Holding

Screenshot_20241025_095418_Samsung Notes.jpg

200.gif

Last edited: