Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

BC8 - Black Cat Syndicate

So they have less than $17m left.

@Telamelo, you're pretty gung-ho on BC8, you could ask investor relations in an email how much cash it would take to commission Paulsens to a break even rate of production. Or, if they elect to not say because it could be market sensitive, when will a final investment decision on Paulsens be released to the market. Noone knows what the risk of buying now is because they could lob a capital raise on us.

Held
Well @finicky decision to restart Paulsen's is scheduled by mid-2023 (last page of quarterly states this indicating June/July '23). Given current AUD Gold price of $3k .. I'm very confident that green light will be given to restart Paulsen's.

They have all permits, infrastructure, processing plant/mills etc. so very minimal capex required (guessing about $10-$20m required at most imo). Nevertheless, I'll shoot them an email enquiring about this as never know I may get a response/answer to this question.

Yes am unashamedly quite gung-ho about BC8 as an emerging Oz gold producer - 'high grade ore is king' and their 3 quality gold projects have plenty of it!
(I think we'll be pleasantly surprised in a few weeks time when they announce another resource upgrade).

Meanwhile, ongoing exploration drilling continues through till July '23 in looking for a Paulsen's repeat (potential new discovery).

BC8 reminds me in so many ways of a younger NST in the making (going back all those years ago).

Really what's not to like here especially with Gold at $3k! (I think risk/reward potential with BC8 is excellent).
DYOR

I wouldn't pay much heed to the prominent BC8 poster on another site. You'll hever hear him raise a doubt or a negative about anything he's got a stake in. He's a very fluent persuasive advocate for his product but in the case of PPK Group (PPK) he extolled it to the stratosphere then disappeared without explanation or apology. Check out that chart. Reading his posts are like eating rich ultra-processed food with no fibre. The Maggie Tabberer of product endorsement.

Last edited:
It takes a lot of money to get a plant going again from a state of care and maintenance; to get a mining operation started and ramped up till it's cashflow positive; to get contractors and employees paid, equipped and accommodated on the site; to refresh everything. And they'll spend all the money they have before they get to that juncture imo.

It takes a lot of money to get a plant going again from a state of care and maintenance; to get a mining operation started and ramped up till it's cashflow positive; to get contractors and employees paid, equipped and accommodated on the site; to refresh everything. And they'll spend all the money they have before they get to that juncture imo.
Fair points made in everything you said - I hope & trust that our management/technical team have the necessary know how knowledge & experience to succeed (read up about it in an indepth detailed research report about BC8 last year). I'm invested here all thanks to that particular report I read. I'm not particularly influenced by any poster as such as we all must do our own due diligence, research & homework before investing.

Guess for now let's see what happens come June/July regarding Paulsen's restart & financing costs etc.

BC8 @ 0.475 +6.74% on decent volume/momentum dyor

Screenshot_2023-05-02-09-21-37-28_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

Still softening us up for the raise.
Not telling us which intersections are just infill holes and which are extensional.
Headlining with highest grades but once you get down to mineable width, maybe 5g/t not counting wastage before they get to head grade ?

Held ??

On the surface of it, this looks like it would be extremely tricky to mine at scale. It's almost 1850s Bendigo pick and shovel type stuff. I'll bring a metal detector and we might find a few nuggets.

@Sean K, I'm content to hold because the bar is lower when they already have the mill and infrastructure, the mill having been used profitably in recent times (NST). Also a play on a higher gold price of course, like all the others. The joker in the pack in my imaginings is the hovering capital raising to get Paulsens going - very suspicious of the flurry of positive announcements.
I was anticipating a short term struggle and pullback around 55c but didn't reach there, albeit today's nasty candle is low volume.

Held

@Sean K, I'm content to hold because the bar is lower when they already have the mill and infrastructure, the mill having been used profitably in recent times (NST). Also a play on a higher gold price of course, like all the others. The joker in the pack in my imaginings is the hovering capital raising to get Paulsens going - very suspicious of the flurry of positive announcements.
I was anticipating a short term struggle and pullback around 55c but didn't reach there, albeit today's nasty candle is low volume.

Held

Yes, a little mill which is handy. 450Ktpa. A single underground mining truck can haul between 20-60Kgs. So, one load a day would be 7Mtpa plus. Should be a nice slim operation. High grade, very good. A 110 person camp. Would be a good party at night, under the stars. Not sure what 110 people would be doing digging up 70K ounces pa? Lots of bar staff? Light bulbs?

Not sure about the name? Black Cat? Are there jaguars in Australia? There is a good bar close to my place called The Black Cat. Quite famous actually. Highly recommend it. Not sure if the owners are into mining though.

Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 9.04.38 am.png

and the best part in Gareth Solly saying:

" with an anticipated short ramp up time to first gold being poured "

Looking forward to upcoming exciting 'Coyote exploration drilling campaign' along with 'Paulsen's repeat drilling' both commencing in the next month or so... no lack of news flow leading up to anticipated Paulsen's restart decision

Screenshot_2023-05-10-08-51-52-39_e2d5b3f32b79de1d45acd1fad96fbb0f.jpg

A strong positive brace of weekly candles completely undone by an equally strong brace of negative candles. Sniff sniff, I smell a rat. Like maybe an insider pumping of the price followed by a rush to get out. Maybe a leak and CR soon?