Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Barack Obama!

comrade-obama-political-demotivational-poster-1232210777.jpg

Attachments

• comrade-obama-political-demotivational-poster-1232210777.jpg
    comrade-obama-political-demotivational-poster-1232210777.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 22
Ah I just had a read of the beginning of this thread... Quite amusing peoples thoughts on who was going to win/lose etc, and knowing how it has panned out, its light entertainment for me :)

Another good decision by Obama that has turned out to be correct.

GM has paid back the loan the governments of Canada and USA in full 5 years early that were made by their respective governments to rescue the company.

The USA were so lucky they had a chance to vote Obama in during such a bad time. You can only wonder what Bush would have done in his shoes since the Republicans critiscised him for helping GM while they preferred to throw money at the banks. Its failure would have hurt their biggest manufacturing industry and greatly slowed jobs growth.

Obama Rudd Snub Part 2!!!

SO Mr Obama, first it was your "health reform", now it's the "oil spill crisis" what will it be next? You ran out of milk and had to head down the corner store? Are you too good for your Aussie mates?

Even B.O. can see this guy is political poison, imagine the swearing, carrying on and earwax chewing our pint sized leader must have dealt out to his flunkies today! Almost makes you look unimportant in the scheme of things hey Kevvy?
Nevermind mate, he promised to spend some time with you at the G20 (which will amount to no more than the Obamster posing for one quick pic, a slap on the shoulder and a 'run along now son, Presy has to talk to the big boys').

You'll figure out a way to get him Kev, oh yes you just bide your time..... no-one , not even the miners, crosses our little Kaiser..... MWAHAHAHAHA.

FYI on a side note... notice on the political advertising on radio for the Super Profits Tax, it's now called the Future Tax? Future Tax, hang on Future Tax/Future Fund..... that rings a bell..... hmmmmm.

Re: Obama Rudd Snub Part 2!!!

I have to confess to a grin on hearing the news that the Dear Leader would be deprived of his photo-op with the President! I bet the temper is a bit frayed tonight! These photos would have been nicely planned for the election campaign.

I have to confess to a grin on hearing the news that the Dear Leader would be deprived of his photo-op with the President! I bet the temper is a bit frayed tonight! These photos would have been nicely planned for the election campaign.

Obama may have had these photos on his mind Julia.

Attachments

• oilsoakedbird.jpeg
    oilsoakedbird.jpeg
    50.5 KB · Views: 356

Lets start this thread again.

However, I would like to warn everyone that insults and personal attacks will not be tolerated. If you disagree with someone you are free to take issue with their opinions but as soon as you start attacking them personally you have crossed the line.

Nice post,

political poison indeed, even his own party loath him! BTW well done to the Crows, they beat my boys today, and thoroughly deserved the win, esp for TE's last game. Freo will have their day.

As long as labor doesn't win the next election, if Kev and Obama want a happy snap together that's fine by me.

Every time Wayne Swan chants "fair share" like a sook bragging about being in power, it's like he's rubbing mine and every other angry investors nose in it. That's just not going to change my Liberal vote.

Every time Wayne Swan chants "fair share" like a sook bragging about being in power, it's like he's rubbing mine and every other angry investors nose in it. That's just not going to change my Liberal vote.

Exactly, if people want a "fair share" of the mining boom, they had ample opportunity to buy shares in BHP etc.

In fact property price increases are probably largely due to the mining boom, so why doesn't the government also give every non-property owner their "fair share" and remove the first home buyers grant.

In fact property price increases are probably largely due to the mining boom, so why doesn't the government also give every non-property owner their "fair share" and remove the first home buyers grant.

I'm not sure what your getting at with the second paragraph. I've always believed the main reason for the property bubble is the government unwilling to raise the 5% down deposit on property investment. When investors have 20X leverage, what do you expect?

I'm not sure what your getting at with the second paragraph. I've always believed the main reason for the property bubble is the government unwilling to raise the 5% down deposit on property investment. When investors have 20X leverage, what do you expect?

It is a combination of things, and as you point out, extra leveraging contributes immensely. I also don't believe the government should have any input into the lending banks provide, which is against what Wayne Swann and Kevin Rudd think.

But one thing is the amount of money that mining brings into the country, which increases wages, and provided support against the fallout of the GFC. This gives people the opportunity to turn mining profits into concrete and wood, which unfortunately has become excessive at the expense of productivity of "our" money, if you believe the government position.

It is a combination of things, and as you point out, extra leveraging contributes immensely. I also don't believe the government should have any input into the lending banks provide, which is against what Wayne Swann and Kevin Rudd think.

Are you saying Wayne Swan and Rudd intend on tightening leverage, if so, do you a have a reference to this? An article maybe? Or are you just referring to the home buyers carrot?

Are you saying Wayne Swan and Rudd intend on tightening leverage, if so, do you a have a reference to this? An article maybe? Or are you just referring to the home buyers carrot?

No, I was referring to them beating up the banks about interest rates via the media (once again not the best way to go a bout things). I said that they should not have a say in tightening leverage, or anything else that a bank does regarding its commercial interests.

Obama's too busy having a nervous breakdown due to his utterly, utterly failing presidency than to come all the way out here in Oz. That's why they're not letting him do press conferences over in America any more.

I beleive Obama like many other world leaders have woken up to Rudd and are all steering clear him.
Have also noticed our Prime Minister is staying at home. Has he out warn his welcome with world leaders?

Obama seeking 'ass to kick' over oil

I'm sure this guy has a tough enough time following the lobbyist cash and the "smart" deregulators.

I'm sure BP has an exemplary environment safety record in the US. ;)

I suspect you will find that Obama doesn't want to be seen to make the same mistakes as George W Bush did when George was slow to re-act to the Hurricane Katrina disaster. It cost George Bush dearly and Obama is wanting to be seen to be doing something quickly and forcfully for the American populace.

I suspect you will find that Obama doesn't want to be seen to make the same mistakes as George W Bush did when George was slow to re-act to the Hurricane Katrina disaster. It cost George Bush dearly and Obama is wanting to be seen to be doing something quickly and forcfully for the American populace.

Well of course he will consult with his Skull & Bones colleagues like John Kerry.

Ironically, your avatar bares a skull and cross-bones. I'm amazed and yet not surprised. :D

But anyway back on Bush gee he was....um...he was...

Well of course he will consult with his Skull & Bones colleagues like John Kerry.

Ironically, your avatar bares a skull and cross-bones. I'm amazed and yet not surprised. :D

At the time I joined, I had been watching the "Pirates of the Caribbean". When I looked through the list of avalailable avatars, this was the best of the modest lot avaliable, closest to a pirate flag.
Since then I have learned how to import an avatar but having used this for some time I will stick with it.