Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Barack Obama!

Re: Barack 2008!

Just bringing those odds up to date ....

Best odds:-
The Democratic VP candidate is anyone's guess.
Hillary Clinton back to favourite at 4/1
John Edwards now 5/1 etc

When asked about his criteria for choosing a vice president:

"My goal is to have the best possible government," Obama responded. "I am very practical-minded." He noted that one of his heroes, Abraham Lincoln, named political rivals to his Cabinet. "How can we get this country through this time of crisis? That has to be the approach that one takes."

He added: "By the way, that does not exclude Republicans, either. The best person for the job is the person I would want."

17 potential VP's are in the running.

Hillary has been winning the working class votes...
McCain dotes on Obama's lack of military experience...

Webb seems to provide for these deficiences:

Sen. James Webb (Va.) is another potential prospect, a decorated Marine and former Republican with strong working-class support in his GOP-leaning state.

But then he has to appease the female-in-power issue:

Some Obama insiders think he will consider a number of female candidates, including Kansas Gov. Kathleen Sebelius, Arizona Gov. Janet Napolitano and Sen. Claire McCaskill (Mo.). All three endorsed Obama early in his campaign.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/22/AR2008052204145.html?nav=hcmodule

BTW... Obama: 1969 (57 delegates to go)
........... Hillary: 1779 (247 to go)

Webb seems to provide for these deficiences
yep that makes sense...
then again Hillary saw active service in Bosnia didn't she? - had to run for her life across the tarmac etc :rolleyes:

ahh hang on... she clarifies that she flew in on a plane that was designed to take off quickly ...
near enough I guess :cautious:

Hillary Clinton .. About Her Bosnia Trip

Attachments

• DEM VP OPTIONS.jpg
    DEM VP OPTIONS.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 84

McCain will win.

Seems Doris has a crush, Michelle better watch out!!

America is not ready to put an inexperienced, far left man in the white house. Has nothing to do with race, but extreme left policies that he would implement would completely bankrupt America.

Landslide ahead for McCain. McGovern....oops Obama doesn't have a chance.

McCain will win all the current red states, plus Michigan, Pennsylvania, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and New Hampshire.

McCain will win.

Seems Doris has a crush, Michelle better watch out!!

America is not ready to put an inexperienced, far left man in the white house. Has nothing to do with race, but extreme left policies that he would implement would completely bankrupt America.

Landslide ahead for McCain. McGovern....oops Obama doesn't have a chance.

There is sound reasoning for Obama attracting the college educated. They have learned to think!

The job is for a leader of the people who vote.
No-one can deny that GWB has been a puppet of the oil companies and lobbyists.

Obama's vast experience in leadership efficacy, as a community organizer, is reflected in his entire campaign. He has attracted a team of varied brilliance and experience in all facets of government tiers. He has attracted people who share his values and ideals and they are the ones he represents and will be answerable to. Sure he is liberal and this is a much-needed breath of fresh air in comparison to the stench of the GOP's erroneous administration.

Please explain (to use an Aussie 'Hansen' vernacular). How would Obama's policies facilitate GWB's momentum towards bankruptcy? Infrastructure, in all states, has been neglected since Clinton left office and urgently needs the services of the unemployed who will stimulate the economy with their remunerations.

The US is presently mass importing small cars to offset the $4 a gallon for gas (double the cost when I was in the states early last year). General Motors is thus losing customers despite working on fuel efficient and hybrid cars and needs government incentives which have been non-existent thanks to the greed of the oil companies GWB succumbs to.

Schools have been dumbed-down for years. Incentives for education are a panacea for developing any economy. The man in the street is being awakened to what he wants and invigorated to have a go. This attitude will permeate and rehabilitate the economy.

http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5i1RD9k-YXI0_Su-B9v80PUh0acug

McCain is painting Obama as naive, weak and dangerous, arguing he is an opportunist whose poetic rhetoric masks inexperience and no record to back up his promise to drain US politics of partisan bile.

Naive to think that talking with people and listening to their qualms will gather information to repudiate their trepidations about their futures.
...Kenya ...the grassroots identification and adulation that has projected him.

Weak as he listens to those who are knowledgeable in their own areas of expertise instead of disregarding their qualms or solutions and implementing the pay-backs of the lobbyists and special interest groups that, historically, have perpetually bought their puppet's office.

Dangerous because the bully wants supreme power and the victim to acquiesce to their demands. We will give you aid but you will give us this in return. Obama wants win-win solutions. ...Kenya. How weak is that!

"For a young man with very little experience, he has done very well," McCain sarcastically told supporters in Florida last week.

Stressing Obama's inexperience is also a veiled way for McCain to defuse the age question -- turning 72 in January.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Nasty.

Obama has experience where it counts.

A leader coordinates and contributes judgment and does not need to be a master of all trades.

But they do need to collaborate and conciliate and arbitrate with intelligence and fairness.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7418941.stm

A group of Cuban dissidents has backed a call by the US presidential hopeful, Barack Obama, for direct talks with the new Cuban President, Raul Castro.

The current confrontation (with the US) is used by the authorities in Havana to justify their repression.

In one recent swipe, McCain spokesman Tucker Bounds responded to Obama's idea for an easing of restrictions on contacts between Americans and Cubans as "weak" and "reckless" and reeking of "political expediency."

Incredible.

Slowly slowly, softly softly, catchy catchy, monkey monkey (PNG saying)

Obama picks up 4 delegates

2 hours ago

ATLANTA (AP) ”” Barack Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton each picked up a delegate in Georgia on Saturday as state Democrats selected their delegation to the party's national convention in Denver this summer.

Obama picked up another superdelegate later Saturday in Wyoming, then one more in Alaska. Obama also took a pledged delegate from Clinton at Alaska's Democratic party convention Saturday.

That brings Obama's overall delegates to 1,974 ”” only 52 shy of the 2,026 needed to secure the presidential nomination ”” to Clinton's 1,779.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hY742M_s1ttD_ycf2Zusn1o1fD3QD90SDTLO1

Webb seems to provide for these deficiences:

gee doris,
the punters must be reading your opinion here ;) - and the bookies trying to keep up.
Webb suddenly jumped to second favourite for VP :2twocents

http://www.easyodds.com/compareodds/specials/Politics/m/115075-234-3.html

btw, here's Olbermann on Hillary's speculation that she might pick up the Democratic nomination if she waits around - after all Robert Kennedy was assassinated etc :eek:

insensitive, heartless, "and certainly to invoke it 3 days after the awful diagnosis and heartbreaking prognosis for Senator Ted Kennedy. ... and both actions open a door wide into the soul of someone who seeks the highest office of this country, and through that door shows something not only troubling but frightening - and politically explicable...

"what Senator do you suppose would happen if you withdrew from the campaign, and then Sen Obama formally became the presumptive nominee, and then suddenly left the scene? ... it doesn't even have to be the dark curse upon the land you implied today senator, or even an issue of health, ...

"what would happen then senator, you are not allowed back in to the race??
your delegates and your support vanish??
the Democrats don't run ANYOBODY for president??

"what happens of course.... if someone has to withdraw - you simply get another (nominee) etc "

Summary - he's pretty offended by her (repeated) references to Bobby Kennedy's assassination.

Coutdown: Special Comment May 23, 2008 Part 1

Keith's Special Comment on Hillary's assassination remark

Attachments

• vp options2.jpg
    vp options2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 100

oh boy - and this one, where he really calls a spade a spade :cool:

(PS I agree with him)

Coutdown: Special Comment May 23, 2008 Part 2

"anyone who's just sticking around in case the other guy might get shot has no business etc "

Remarks of Senator Barack Obama
Wesleyan University Commencement
Sunday, May 25th, 2008
Middletown, CT

As Prepared for Delivery:

http://wesleying.blogspot.com/2008/05/obamas-speech-as-prepared.html

Barack is a master of imagery/metaphors:

I have the distinct honor today of pinch-hitting for one of my personal heroes and a hero to this country, Senator Edward Kennedy. Teddy wanted to be here very much, but as you know, he’s had a very long week and is taking some much-needed rest. He called me up a few days ago and I said that I’d be happy to be his stand-in, even if there was no way I could fill his shoes.

Humour to appease all factions:

I did, however, get the chance to glance at the speech he planned on delivering today, and I’d like to start by passing along a message from him: “To all those praying for my return to good health, I offer my heartfelt thanks. And to any who’d rather have a different result, I say, don’t get your hopes up just yet!

Barack's words are like brush strokes unifying life's reality onto canvas...

At a time of war, we need you to work for peace. At a time of inequality, we need you to work for opportunity. At a time of so much cynicism and so much doubt, we need you to make us believe again.
Now understand this - believing that change is possible is not the same as being naïve. Go into service with your eyes wide open, for change will not come easily.

Inspiring and motivating unified action...

... you are about to enter a world that makes it easy to get caught up in the notion that there are actually two different stories at work in our lives. The first is the story of our everyday cares and concerns – the responsibilities we have to our jobs and our families – the bustle and busyness of what happens in our own life. And the second is the story of what happens in the life of our country – of what happens in the wider world. It’s the story you see when you catch a glimpse of the day’s headlines or turn on the news at night – a story of big challenges like war and recession; hunger and climate change; injustice and inequality. It’s a story that can sometimes seem distant and separate from our own – a destiny to be shaped by forces beyond our control.
And yet, the history of this nation tells us this isn’t so. It tells us that we are a people whose destiny has never been written for us, but by us

Wisdom for these students graduating:

I realize that none of you can probably relate to this, but there were many times when I wasn’t sure where I was going, or what I would do.

But during my first two years of college, perhaps because the values my mother had taught me –hard work, honesty, empathy – had resurfaced after a long hibernation; or perhaps because of the example of wonderful teachers and lasting friends, I began to notice a world beyond myself.

Each of you will have the chance to make your own discovery in the years to come. And I say “chance” because you won’t have to take it. ...You can take your diploma, walk off this stage, and chase only after the big house and the nice suits and all the other things that our money culture says you should buy.

But I hope you don’t... Because thinking only about yourself, fulfilling your immediate wants and needs, betrays a poverty of ambition. Because it’s only when you hitch your wagon to something larger than yourself that you realize your true potential...
I ask you to seek these opportunities when you leave here, because the future of this country – your future – depends on it.

...know that you’ll experience frustrations and failures. Even your successes will be marked by imperfections and unintended consequences.

And homage paid:

It is rare in this country of ours that a person exists who has touched the lives of nearly every single American without many of us even realizing it. And yet, because of Ted Kennedy, millions of children can see a doctor when they get sick. Mothers and fathers can leave work to spend time with their newborns. Working Americans are paid higher wages, and compensated for overtime, and can keep their health insurance when they change jobs. They are protected from discrimination in the workplace, and those who are born with disabilities can still get an education, and health care, and fair treatment on the job. Our schools are stronger and our colleges are filled with more Americans who can afford it. And I have a feeling that Ted Kennedy is not done just yet.

Worth a read...

This exercise in futility has Obama as a shoe-in; but Europe doesn't count in US elections does it?

Obama disciples will enjoy however.

2qak56t.gif

Rupert Murdoch on Obama

Conservative media mogul and Fox News Corp founder Rupert Murdoch talking about Obama, McCain and the elections

PS You'd have to assume that this next one is pretty accurate on Murdoch and his tactics ;) Murdoch's Fox News has OReilly for instance.

Hell Has Frozen Over - Rupert Murdoch Supports Obama

Michigan should be sorted this weekend...

http://www.mlive.com/elections/index.ssf/2008/05/obama_clinton_dispute_over_mic.html

Obama, Clinton dispute over Michigan's delegates could be settled Saturday.
Proposals for a second Michigan contest -- a caucus or state-run primary -- felt apart when officials for the two campaign could not agree on a format.

With Obama about 50 delegates short of a winning majority, Clinton is fighting for any extra delegates she can get.

That includes Michigan's oddball Jan. 15 primary.

With none of the major Democratic candidates campaigning here, Clinton won the state with 55 percent to 40 percent who voted for uncommitted. She was the only frontrunner whose name was on the ballot. Obama and several others withdrew their names under pressure from the party.

If the 40% who voted for 'uncommitted' could be bothered voting - that would appear to be a protest vote of some sort, yes?

Clinton has been pushing to count the results, which would give her an 18-delegate edge, 73 to 55, if all the uncommitted delegates were awarded to Obama.

Obama has proposed splitting the delegation 50-50, while the state party has proposed a compromise between the two, giving 69 to Clinton and 59 to Obama.

Tuesday's contests in Montana and South Dakota end what has been one of closest presidential contests in Democratic history.

re previous post but one...
Can't help Obama's campaign though....ant to say "can't hurt... ":2twocents doh.

Which only leaves good old Florida .. ;)

http://www.reuters.com/article/bondsNews/idUSN2426696820080525

Obama says Clinton "stirring up" Florida controversy

CHICAGO, May 24 (Reuters) - Democrat Barack Obama accused rival Hillary Clinton on Saturday of "stirring up" a controversy over the disqualified Florida primary election because it was her last hope of winning their party's presidential nomination.
A party committee will meet next Saturday (today) to seek a resolution to the conflict. Obama said he wanted the delegates seated and brushed off arguments that voter anger at his less aggressive role in resolving the issue would cause lasting resentment among Democratic voters in Florida, a battleground state in November's general election

"I think that anger will go away once it's resolved," he said, questioning whether those who were upset were only Clinton supporters or other voters as well.

"I want to make the Florida delegates seated. And once they're seated, then I think this is going to be a story that nobody's thinking about come August."

Obama has not called for Clinton to drop out of the race and has been careful to avoid alienating her supporters.

Obama has had to be / will have to be super careful not to offend any of the Clintophiles.

As for the VP question ...
He said on Saturday he would need to "pivot quickly" in June, if he obtains the number of delegates to secure the nomination, to engage in a search for a vice presidential running mate.

"I think we'll have ample time, should I be the nominee, to engage in that process."

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/01/u...em&ex=1212379200&en=393fad3614090350&ei=5087

Democrats Approve Deal on Michigan and Florida

WASHINGTON — To jeers and boos that showcased deep party divisions, Democratic party officials approved a deal Saturday to seat delegates from the disputed Florida and Michigan primaries with half a vote each, dealing a blow to Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton.

The deal, reached behind closed doors and voted on publicly in a raucous meeting of the Democratic National Committee’s rules panel, would give Mrs. Clinton a net gain of 24 delegates over Senator Barack Obama — but fell far short of her hopes of winning the full votes of both delegations.

The decision left Mrs. Clinton lagging behind Mr. Obama in delegates in the final weekend of campaigning before the last of the nominating contests — Puerto Rico on Sunday and Montana and South Dakota on Tuesday — are held.

Under the compromise, Mrs. Clinton, who won the Michigan and Florida contests that were held in defiance of party rules, picked up 19 delegates in Florida and 5 delegates in Michigan.

The deep wounds among Democratic partisans — and the unification challenges awaiting the party — were laid bare when the committee voted on Saturday evening. Supporters of Mrs. Clinton jeered the decision, loudly booing and hissing the members of the group as their faces were shown on a large screen in the room.

One woman, wearing a blue “Team Hillary” shirt, shoved a man in a suit and tie wearing a small Obama button on his lapel. Another woman in a white Clinton shirt hung her head in her hands.

“That was a crime!” a man shouted. “McCain in ’08! McCain in ’08!” a woman yelled from the back of the room. “No-bama! No-bama!”

It remained an open question what Mrs. Clinton would do, with strong hints that she might take the fight to a committee that does not meet until the end of July.

“Mrs. Clinton has instructed me to reserve her rights to take this to the credentials committee,” said Harold Ickes, a senior adviser to Mrs. Clinton who serves on the rules committee. His words drew cheers from Clinton supporters, including many people who yelled, “Denver! Denver! Denver!” — a threat to take their cause all the way to the convention.

The deal was voted on after an intense five-hour debate on Saturday morning, during which the sharp philosophical differences between the two campaigns played out on live television. After the committee retreated for lunch late in the day, they continued to meet behind closed doors and aligned enough votes for resolutions on the two states. etc

Hundreds of demonstrators chanted outside, until torrential rains drove them away. But all eyes were on 28 members of the party’s rules committee, who sat under the lights at a U-shaped conference table, driven by candidate loyalties that pitted them against erstwhile allies even as they tried to reach for compromise.

o boy - they 've got a long way to go before this little tiff is healed - good luck Barack - you'll need it :eek:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/01/u...em&ex=1212379200&en=393fad3614090350&ei=5087

To jeers and boos that showcased deep party divisions, Democratic party officials approved a deal Saturday to seat delegates from the disputed Florida and Michigan primaries with half a vote each, dealing a blow to Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton.

The deal, reached behind closed doors and voted on publicly in a raucous meeting of the Democratic National Committee’s rules panel, would give Mrs. Clinton a net gain of 24 delegates over Senator Barack Obama — but fell far short of her hopes of winning the full votes of both delegations.

o boy - they 've got a long way to go before this little tiff is healed - good luck Barack - you'll need it :eek:

Not happy!
The only resolution is... yes, let them have a punitive half vote... but a new ballot is essential for fairness!
What about those who did not turn out because it had been decided by the DNC that they would not count?
... those who 'did the right thing' and accepted the ruling and did not vote?

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=a4VPMVZ0uRYE&refer=home

Obama's diplomacy comes to the fore again:

The party's rules and bylaws committee voted 27-0 to seat Florida's delegation and give Clinton 52.5 delegates; Obama would get 33.5. The panel voted 19-8 to similarly seat the Michigan delegation, giving Clinton 34.5 delegate votes and Obama 29.5.

Obama, 46, applauded today's solution.

He said Clinton would gain a "substantial'' number of delegates and that "many members of the Florida and Michigan delegations feel satisfied that the decision was fair.'' He won't try to dissuade the Clinton campaign from contesting the party's decision, he told reporters in Aberdeen, South Dakota, where he's campaigning. "I trust they will do the right thing'' and "will be motivated by an interest in bringing the party together.''

Either way, the accord solidifies Obama's lead in the delegate race.

2,118 delegates are now needed to secure the nomination.

Before today: Obama 1,984.5 ... Clinton 1,784.5 ... (Obama needed 41.5)

Today-
Obama: 2047.5... additional 33.5 votes in Florida and 29.5 in Michigan.
Clinton: 1,871.5 ... 52.5 in Florida and 34.5 in Michigan.

Half-votes for superdelegates add 7.5 to Clinton's total and 3 to Obama's, bringing Obama within 67.5 delegates of securing the nomination.

Only 86 pledged delegates remain to be awarded:
55 in tomorrow's Puerto Rico primary and
31 total in the June 3 Montana and South Dakota primaries.

Clinton is favored to win Puerto Rico, where a poll by the newspaper El Vocero and Univision conducted May 8-20 showed Clinton leading 51 percent to Obama's 38 percent. Obama is favored in South Dakota and Montana, with polls showing him leading by more than 10 points in each state.

Given the Democrats' system of allocating delegates proportionately, Obama may be within 30 delegates of securing the nomination after the three primaries, with the possibility that some of the more than 180 remaining uncommitted superdelegates may back him in the next week.

Not happy!
The only resolution is... yes, let them have a punitive half vote... but a new ballot is essential for fairness.
weird
lot of people not happy by the sound of it.
Before the meeting this was discussed...( just talking about Michigan...)

1. Clinton has been pushing to count the results, which would give her an 18-delegate edge, 73 to 55, if all the uncommitted delegates were awarded to Obama.

2. Obama proposed splitting the delegation 64-64,

3. while the state party proposed a compromise between the two, giving 69 to Clinton and 59 to Obama.

As I understand it ( just talking about Michigan...

option 1. (Clinton)
HC 73 : BO 55, Hillary gets 18 delegate advantage

Option 2. (Obama)
HC 64 : BO 64, all square

Option 3. state party compromise
HC 69 : BO 59, Hillary gets 10 point advantage

So they end up with option 4 which treats the ompromise delegates as if they were half-votes . :confused:
option 4. HC 34.5 : BO 29.5, Hillary gets 5 point advantage.

of course people who voted for Hillary are gonna be pissed off that their votes have been "re'allocated".
Though likewise I see your point that the ones that were told by the party not to vote would also be pissed off. What a screw up lol. :rolleyes:

Summary - a) please don't try to convince me that the US presidential voting system is superior to ours, and
b) if we can't come up with a better way to elect a president (in duke horse), I'll be a monkey's great-great nephew. :2twocents

PS I agree with you - the only fair thing is a new ballot surely.

Obama Quits His Church After Months of Criticism

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/01/u...em&ex=1212465600&en=77fc38fafcb7eaa6&ei=5087

Published: June 1, 2008

Barack is diplomatic as he asserts he is doing the parishioners a favour...

Senator Barack Obama has resigned his membership in Chicago’s Trinity United Church of Christ, which he attended for nearly two decades, following months of controversy about pastors and their political views.

Mr. Obama said he and his wife, Michelle, wrote a letter on Friday to the church’s pastor, the Rev. Otis Moss, explaining that their estrangement from Trinity took root in controversial remarks by the church’s former pastor, the Rev. Jeremiah A. Wright Jr., who once was Mr. Obama’s spiritual guide.

“Our relations with Trinity have been strained by the divisive statements of Reverend Wright, which sharply conflict with our own views,” they wrote. “These controversies have served as an unfortunate distraction for other Trinity members who seek to worship in peace, and have placed you in an untenable position.”

But at a news conference after a town-hall-style meeting here on Saturday, Mr. Obama sounded pained as he confirmed his decision to leave the place he had considered his spiritual home.

“I’m not denouncing the church, and I’m not interested in people who want me to denounce the church,” he said in response to a question. “It’s not a church worthy of denouncing.”

Mr. Obama said that his resignation was not a matter of political convenience, but rather that he had reached the point where neither he nor Trinity’s pastors and congregants could worship in peace. He noted that reporters now pored over sermons and that some had called sick members at home to ask about the church.

“I suspect if you were in my shoes, it seems plausible at least that you wouldn’t want your church experience to be a political circus,” Mr. Obama said. “I think most Americans will understand that.”

2020... there was a cartoon depicting the following on your clip on #555

The storm flared anew last Sunday when the Rev. Michael Pfleger, a Catholic priest, gave a guest sermon mocking Mr. Obama’s rival for the Democratic nomination, Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton, for crying in New Hampshire. The priest, known as a radical gadfly, accused Mrs. Clinton of feeling she was entitled to the nomination because she is white.

“While Hillary was crying and people said that was a put-on, I really don’t believe it was put on,” said Father Pfleger, who is white. “I really believe that she just always thought this is mine. I’m Bill’s wife, I’m white and this is mine.”

Mr. Obama distanced himself from these remarks, expressing his deep disappointment at “Father Pfleger’s divisive, backward-looking rhetoric.”

Mr. Obama had distanced himself slowly, a hesitant step here and there, from his church. When Mr. Wright’s most explosive remarks became public, Mr. Obama said he was not in church for those sermons, which was borne out by the records. But he began to edge farther and father away.

Mr. Obama said he and his wife would search for a new church but probably would not make a decision until after the election in November.

No doubt when they live in 'public housing' in Washington DC.

They say the only constant is change.

... 'Change you can believe in' (sic) ;)

weird
lot of people not happy by the sound of it.

Summary -
a) please don't try to convince me that the US presidential voting system is superior to ours, and
b) if we can't come up with a better way to elect a president (in duke horse), I'll be a monkey's great-great nephew. :2twocents

PS I agree with you - the only fair thing is a new ballot surely.

It's interesting to watch the net population of the US increase by one every 10 seconds as people are born/die/immigrate:

http://www.census.gov/population/www/popclockus.html

... ditto for the world: 6,671+ million ...though no immigration we know of! ;)

http://www.census.gov/main/www/popclock.html

The clock ticks slower for Australia:

http://www.abs.gov.au/Ausstats/abs@.nsf/0/1647509ef7e25faaca2568a900154b63?OpenDocument

The US has 304 million people (plus the illegals...)

Australia has 21.3 million ... one more (net) every 1 min 37 sec.

So we are not likely to have the problem the US does, in assuring the voters know the nominees they may vote for.

Their method did not work in 2000 or 2004 because no-one cared to care so they didn't know what they'd get.
Now they care!

You have to admit though, if they had our Westminster system, Hillary would be the nominee!

Who knew Barack when this started?
So their system works for them!

Our media scrutiny suffices in our little country!
...and we have to vote.

btw... I chatted with James Valentine (ABC Sydney) at a dinner a few weeks ago (Gold Coast) and he assured me that he would inform his colleagues that Barack's name rhymed with 'ark' so they would pronounce it correctly! :)
... he had pronounced 'Barack' to rhyme with 'tack'.

He said China should be changed too as they don't call themselves 'China'... :confused: