Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Australian Bankruptcies

Yep, but I think it’s impact is particularly acute in south east queensland, because

1, for years we have had a natural birth rate up here higher than the other states.

2, we have substantial net interstate migration, each people from other states moving here.

3, we have substantial international migration.

4, As I said before south east Queensland is a base for both retirees and also has substantial amounts of people that work else where either physically eg FIFO or digitally or in both traditional and non traditional export type industries where they aren’t supplying their labour into the locally market, but add demand to the local employment market.

5, we also have substantial tourism market which adds a lot of employment demand.

and the rising crime rate , made it wise to move further west ( about a hundred miles or so )

but then i am on a disability pension , i become the safety hazard when entering any workplace

and the rising crime rate , made it wise to move further west ( about a hundred miles or so )

but then i am on a disability pension , i become the safety hazard when entering any workplace
Yep, there will always be pirates where ever honest folks are trying to accumulate capital.

I would venture to add that is possibly the same as here in WA.
Go back to 1990 and Perth and Adelaide were almost exactly the same size and Brisbane was only slightly larger.

Brisbane and Perth have roughly doubled in population since then, whilst Adelaide's seen a far more modest increase.

During the 1990's I recall people moving to WA without a job lined up. It was simply everyone knew the prospect of finding one there was better so off they went. Most stayed. Same with SE Qld. :2twocents

Go back to 1990 and Perth and Adelaide were almost exactly the same size and Brisbane was only slightly larger.

Brisbane and Perth have roughly doubled in population since then, whilst Adelaide's seen a far more modest increase.

During the 1990's I recall people moving to WA without a job lined up. It was simply everyone knew the prospect of finding one there was better so off they went. Most stayed. Same with SE Qld. :2twocents
Adeliade was mostly a manufacturing State, when the Unions went nuts thanks to Hawke in the 80s & 90s killing off the manufacturing industries Adeliade didnt have much else going for it, WA always had the mining & Bali for the bogans to visit

Adeliade was mostly a manufacturing State, when the Unions went nuts thanks to Hawke in the 80s & 90s killing off the manufacturing industries Adeliade didnt have much else going for it, WA always had the mining & Bali for the bogans to visit
And still have the mining and for those that must leave the country Bali.

And cheap electricity attracted manufacturing industry during the 1960's and 70's.

I move to qld in late 90s, at the time, great riad, no traffic hams, cheaper housing, jobs, and low state taxes: rego, rates etc..and did i mention weather?
Things have drastically changed
I moved to Brisbane late 99 to about 2003. Was a brilliant time for a couple years. Money was everywhere. Two grocery trolleys filled to the brim was about $200. Plenty to do.

Went back to visit 2015 and it was dirty, run down and the feeling of growth was gone.

I moved to Brisbane late 99 to about 2003. Was a brilliant time for a couple years. Money was everywhere. Two grocery trolleys filled to the brim was about $200. Plenty to do.

Went back to visit 2015 and it was dirty, run down and the feeling of growth was gone.

Really? It’s booming now.

I loved here till 2001 when I left to join the Army, returned in 2018 and the place seems like it’s 3 times the size and is booming hard.

Really? It’s booming now.

I loved here till 2001 when I left to join the Army, returned in 2018 and the place seems like it’s 3 times the size and is booming hard.
Was a while since I was there (in Paddington). House there at the low end was about $140k.
I found it a lot less likeable and the people had changed. Earlier on the opportunities were easy to grab in literally everything. I felt it was a lot less assessable probably 2010 onwards. It's a spread out mess.
Haven't been back for a while.

Was a while since I was there (in Paddington). House there at the low end was about $140k.
I found it a lot less likeable and the people had changed. Earlier on the opportunities were easy to grab in literally everything. I felt it was a lot less assessable probably 2010 onwards. It's a spread out mess.
Haven't been back for a while.
It is pretty spread out, it’s basically a city of cities, but there is lots of nice areas, and plenty of work (for anyone that wants to work that is)

My only complaint is the mosquitos and the bad airport connections.

It is pretty spread out, it’s basically a city of cities, but there is lots of nice areas, and plenty of work (for anyone that wants to work that is)

My only complaint is the mosquitos and the bad airport connections.
I loved it during that time period I was there Regret having to come back to nsw due to family emergency.
Really enjoyed it. Lots to do on the weekends.