Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

AFL Footy

Reactions
Great to see the Dockers win last night even giving the Doggies one and three quarters head start. 11 goals to 2 for the remainder of the game. Pharocial WA supporter but not one-eyed. Even better when the VFL teams are beaten in the finals.

Great to see the Dockers win last night even giving the Doggies one and three quarters head start. 11 goals to 2 for the remainder of the game. Pharocial WA supporter but not one-eyed. Even better when the VFL teams are beaten in the finals.
Can't believe the dogs started so well then just faded.

The AFL has signed a multibillion-dollar broadcast deal with streaming-led platform Foxtel and free-to-air network Seven in what is the richest TV rights contract in Australian sporting history.

Great if you were a Geelong supporter, but what a waste of 2.5 hours this arvo. Woeful game with the Swans appearing not to be interested in really wanting to be on the ground.

Great if you were a Geelong supporter, but what a waste of 2.5 hours this arvo. Woeful game with the Swans appearing not to be interested in really wanting to be on the ground.

I stopped watching at half-time. The outcome was obvious and had better things to do rather than watching a team which had no apparent interest in playing.

I watched the whole thing. It looked like the men's team vs the U19s.
Geelong would hurt them physically as well as apply huge pressure around the ball. Also Sydney played an injured player Sam Reid. They couldn't win the centre and couldn't get it past the centre.

It was a shocker....apart from the opening concert, watching the rest was an insult to footy fans, with only one team showing up and a cobbled together troupe of woke and half hearted has beens. Never before in human history have I favoured mowing the lawn over watching a GF game/half time show.

At least Meat Loaf, INXS and Angry Anderson's reputations have been restored.

Do I sound like I feel robbed?

It was a shocker....apart from the opening concert, watching the rest was an insult to footy fans, with only one team showing up and a cobbled together troupe of woke and half hearted has beens. Never before in human history have I favoured mowing the lawn over watching a GF game/half time show.

At least Meat Loaf, INXS and Angry Anderson's reputations have been restored.

Do I sound like I feel robbed?
Well I'm a Swans fan and it was hard to watch.

I don't think iti a case of not being interested but just being outclassed on the day. A team that gets into the GF is not a bad team. I reckon that the Swans are lacking body mass in the midfield. They were out muscled basically.

Well I'm a Swans fan and it was hard to watch.

I don't think iti a case of not being interested but just being outclassed on the day. A team that gets into the GF is not a bad team. I reckon that the Swans are lacking body mass in the midfield. They were out muscled basically.
C'mon SR, the red jumpers avoided being bumped, shouldered and scragged. It was only in the 3rd quarter one of the Swans actually went head down in hard for the ball and he succeeded......I think he might be bailed up over that kind of behaviour.:rolleyes:

C'mon SR, the red jumpers avoided being bumped, shouldered and scragged. It was only in the 3rd quarter one of the Swans actually went head down in hard for the ball and he succeeded......I think he might be bailed up over that kind of behaviour.:rolleyes:

Geelong certainly had more men around the ball. Based on the Swans previous tackling record I find it hard to believe that they chickened out, even Buddy couldn't make an impact when he went to the middle. As I said I think not enough Swans have the muscle in the midfield.

Geelong certainly had more men around the ball. Based on the Swans previous tackling record I find it hard to believe that they chickened out, even Buddy couldn't make an impact when he went to the middle. As I said I think not enough Swans have the muscle in the midfield.
My condolences on your loss SR.

Buddy had about 5 or 6 possessions and kicked an easy one pointer....but he did manage to get an extension on his contract a few days before, which must have sent a clear message to his despondent team mates who the most valuable player is, even though he no longer has the physical fitness to play the mobile forward he once was and his record in GFs aint all that good.

Let's hope Swans don't walk in the Lions shoes after 2004 or worse Port's shoes after 2007. I wouldn't wish that on any footy fan

My condolences on your loss SR.

Buddy had about 5 or 6 possessions and kicked an easy one pointer....but he did manage to get an extension on his contract a few days before, which must have sent a clear message to his despondent team mates who the most valuable player is, even though he no longer has the physical fitness to play the mobile forward he once was and his record in GFs aint all that good.

Let's hope Swans don't walk in the Lions shoes after 2004 or worse Port's shoes after 2007. I wouldn't wish that on any footy fan
Thank you for your sympathy, there is always next year. :cool:

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that Buddy isn't the force he once was, he doesn't take a lot of contested marks and a lot of his markers are faster and more agile.

Maybe there is a role for him in the mifdield, it will be interesting to see how he plays out his last year.

How tall are some of our footballers ? Sam Darcy Western Bulldogs
1672614023018.png