Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Have Insiders Been Selling Zip Co Limited (ASX:Z1P) Shares?

Zip shareholders angry their stocks were sold while directors bought in | The Business | ABC News

1710937220251.png

I had thought @IvoryWolf had posted here around 4 or 5 months ago, I'm getting old.

Time flies. 1 year later, the "wind" is turning into a proper Willy willy.

Yep, you're right @frugal.rock - back in March when ZIP was in the $0.50 range. Back when most people thought the price rises were hot air, I think... ;) Looks like that Elliott Wave 5 buy worked out after all, and then some...

Yep, you're right @frugal.rock - back in March when ZIP was in the $0.50 range. Back when most people thought the price rises were hot air, I think... ;) Looks like that Elliott Wave 5 buy worked out after all, and then some...
Up again today. How can the value of a company, let alone a BNPL company, or a take over target, go up this much in such a short time ??? Almost back at my purchase price.

😁😁

Volume dropping off but still trying a breakout..
Stops are in for this one..

Attachments

• ZIP 2024-05-06 .jpg
    ZIP 2024-05-06 .jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 14
Well and truly a break out.
is this BNPL? up a bunch of late.

ZIP COMPLETES A$217 MILLION EQUITY PLACEMENT AT 2.8% DISCOUNT
Highlights
● Successful completion of fully underwritten equity placement announced on 17 July 2024, raising A$217m (before costs). The final issue price for the Placement Shares was determined via a bookbuild process and priced at A$1.56 per share
● Proceeds from the equity capital raising to fund early repayment of Zip’s existing corporate debt facility and associated exit fee
● Zip will additionally offer existing eligible shareholders the opportunity to participate in the capital raise under a share purchase plan to raise up to a further A$50 million.

Screenshot_20240718-134000_CommSec.jpg

Zip Co will pay a big break fee to eliminate debt using proceeds from a new equity raising, and has indicated it will push the accelerator on growth in the United States despite regulators investigating whether it has violated consumer protection laws.

With its buy now, pay later payments growing by 43 per cent in the US last quarter, Zip said it would introduce a “Pay in 8” product to allow its almost 4 million American customers to pay for more expensive items such as travel and whitegoods

SPP allocations announced next week. The price was $1.56, so I expect there will be a significant scale back.

A long time observer here but very rarely post.
I’m a TA trader with a mid/long term strategy in place with my own plan … using stops/trailing stops.
ZIP is absolutely flying at present, if you look at the technicals it keeps ticking all the boxes. Price momentum is very strong …
I’ve presented the chart below with a few TA indicators. It is now the second most sorted growth stock in the top 100 with barchart.com over the past year, up 436%.
I believe there is continued very good strength and growth in this stock. It’s playing out beautifully at present.
Due for a pullback at some stage but it’s definitely one to think about for the keen observers that apply TA to their strategy/method in their portfolio.
I’m holding, have been for quite some time.

1724402406473.png

Another big day for ZIP, it nailed a 2.5-bagger for me and now not that far away from 3. You only need a winning stock like this to counteract others that might not be pulling their weight!

I’ve pulled up the one year chart which clearly shows its momentum and strength.

Currently it’s 52 week % change is 801.75%.

Its 52 week low was at 25.5c … 😮

1726726985986.png

ZIP keeps barrelling along.

Is it the whole BNPL sector that is on a run? I'm not following any others in the sector. If it is, I wonder why?

1728453756945.png

It's just ZIP. Seems to have focused their business activities on the essentials. Although I believe they're increasing their US revenues.

Splitit, Sezzle bought out. Block going sideways. Beforepay (B4P) going OK.

Look at the best and forget the rest.

52w high 52w low

$2.92 $0.255

52w change = 1033.33%

Closed at $2.89 today with a 17c rise or 6.25%.

Probably not too late to get in, it’s rolling along beautifully. Now a 3+ bagger for me.

Carrying plenty of positive momentum at present.

Let the winners run ….