Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Reports suggest that Zip will pay Sezzle 11 million USD after citing changes in economic and market conditions as the reason for the mutual termination of their merger agreement.

Seems like the move is having an impact on the Block shares as well with the Afterpay owner’s stock down just over 3% at the time of writing.

ZIP declined to provide any guidance on losses for the quarter or FY 2022 and warned it may impair the value of its Quadpay, Spotti, and Twisto businesses.
My rule of thumb, if it's a wanky name it's a wonky business.

ZIP had a bit of a run lately, from around 50c to a peak of $1.72 this morning, but I think it's all over.

Currently at 10:45 back to $1.31.

Zip and BNPL et al. Are probably THE bellwether stocks for the NASDAQ risk trade.... Interesting movements today. Closing time will tell if the ASX Friday risk dump lives on

Merely a flesh wound

Zip Co has posted a FY 2022 net loss of $1.1 billion after tax attributable to members and a total loss of $1 billion after adjusting for foreign exchange differences.
  • Group impairments and writedowns totalled $821.1 million.
  • Total bad debts for the year reached $276.1 million.
  • Revenue climbed 57 per cent over the year to $620 million
  • Total transaction volume up 51 per cent to $8.7 billion.
  • Total customer numbers increased 56 per cent to 11.4 million,
  • Ttotal merchants up 77 per cent to 90,700.
  • Available cash and liquidity sat at $279 million as at 30 June.
The impairment charges are related to the write-down in goodwill of the value of overseas acquisitions in the United Kingdom, United States, Singapore, the Czech Republic (Twisto) and United Arab Emirates (Spotii).

This sector brings back fond memories of the dot.com era. Never held any of them but like the BNPL sector it was interesting to watch - and read the stories of "Oh but I thought...." and "Will someone i.e. Guvmnt probably, please save us."

Exceptionally quiet in this forum recently when it comes to ZIP... Very surprising considering the short-term strength and recent news attention. In addition, ZIP appears within my scans for the week and with further analysis it's clear to see a technical set-up of an Elliott Wave 5 formation that traders and investors may be interested in investigating. Some resistance areas exist above that need to be overcome, but investment/trading sentiment appears positive, and good momentum indicators are present that have turned positive.

1679896614034.png

Exceptionally quiet in this forum recently when it comes to ZIP... Very surprising considering the short-term strength and recent news attention. In addition, ZIP appears within my scans for the week and with further analysis it's clear to see a technical set-up of an Elliott Wave 5 formation that traders and investors may be interested in investigating. Some resistance areas exist above that need to be overcome, but investment/trading sentiment appears positive, and good momentum indicators are present that have turned positive.

View attachment 155015
Probably just a bit of wind!

in the past i was a consistent user of lay-buy ( the store holds your purchase and you pay the balance within 30 or 90 days depending on the $$$ involved)

i could see where BNPL ( the whole sector ) could become addictive to stressed households , so have avoided the sector

.. but i invest in the gambling industry , horses for courses i suppose

Probably just a bit of wind!
Hmm Mr rnr ZIP started the day off pretty well but unfortunately as the prssure mounted the parachute failed open properly and the landing was a thud.
I still am keeping half an eye, the blind one, on ZIP for one never knows when the hot air baloon just mght take off and keep the SP up in positive territory.

Not my kind of stock, but they're still around

Used to hold and also trade but in the end the donation was almost at transfusion level

It will be interesting to see the effect, if any, when the come under the amended Credit Act. They say they will conform but haven't seen the final amendments yet.