Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Other - Independant etc

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Donkey Vote

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
Re: WHO DID YOU VOTE FOR ???

lol

I remember hearing of Bob Menzies once. Some lone heckler suddenly yelled out (as he was addressing a large crowd) "yeah but what about the worker!! " or some such .... and he muttered in a low voice "mmm - pause - sigh - I see we should have spent more on education!"

(snobby buga lol - witty but snobby nonetheless ;) )

I remember hearing him talk while someone in the crowd kept hissing.He came out with "there are three things that hiss, a snake, a goose and a fool. Please come forth and be identified."
Snobby maybe but he was a person that you could not help respecting.

Nioka and Itha - lol
here we are talking about Bob Menzies vs the communists :eek:

ahh they were the days -
- gee nostalgia isn't what it used to be lol :D

Hi Julia, you,ve been the threads' oscillating bellweather. Which way did you finally jump in the upper and lower houses?
Hi Skint, National in the Reps (because there was no Liberal candidate) and Liberal in the Senate. Sad to say I didn't do it with any sense of conviction though: simply the alternative I disliked least.

Bit sad really.....

EARLY counting in Prime Minister John Howard's Sydney seat of Bennelong indicates high-profile Labor challenger Maxine McKew is in with a chance.

With almost 1200 votes counted an hour after the booths closed, Mr Howard had attracted 507 votes to 520 for Ms McKew for the ALP.

She needs a 4.13 per cent swing to unseat Mr Howard.

Ms McKew's well-publicised challenge proved a significant distraction for Mr Howard who was forced to spend much of the campaign shoring up support at home rather than campaigning in other marginal Coalition seats.

For the 1st time in my life I have voted Liberal. A former Labour Party member and I am still a member of a Union.

Wow. You know you are the exception as a union member voting for the Libs. Out of interest, why the change?

looks like it could be a labour win...if so our economy is screwed, Im selling all my stock on Monday

Cool, are you selling at market ? what stocks do you have ? Going to get rid of your house as well ? ;)

I dont have a house, only commercial property...I will be be buying residential property when interests rates are 20% under a labour government and houses are being given away.

I dont have a house, only commercial property...I will be be buying residential property when interests rates are 20% under a labour government and houses are being given away.

So under Liberol's houses were to expensive ? 20pc Interest rates would be fun :eek:

Interest rates will be the same no matter who was in Government, didnt the ex primeminister have them upto somewhere around 20pc when he was a treasurer ?

No one.I walked to the cardboard cubicle, folded the two pieces of paper and moved to the cardboard boxes with the slot in them to complete the procedure.

If i had voted it would have been for the labor party `cause my g`ma rubbed shoulders with local reps. and tackled voters at polling booths with labor pamphlets.I only have to go to the vote now because they tracked me down as not being on the roll, 10 years later.

False, illusionary, self-fullfilling ...... see through the facade.

Im surprised Wysiwyg , I would of thought that you for sure would see the merits of one political party over the other and voted accordingly! Some might say thats taking Democracy forgranted ! :D

Once again liberal leads the ASF poll.
One observation I made on the night was that the liberals lead in way of votes compared to Labor however when you took the greens preferences into account Labor took the lead in almost every case but a few.
Just goes to show how much Labor needs the Greens!

One observation I made on the night was that the liberals lead in way of votes compared to Labor however when you took the greens preferences into account Labor took the lead in almost every case but a few.
Just goes to show how much Labor needs the Greens!

How do you explain the Libs being smashed on primaries then?

No doubt the green vote is important, but without the greens, 90% of that vote would be Labor anyway.

and the Greens need Labor

and Liberal needs national

and National needs Liberal

Matches made in Heaven :D

But if Green and National didnt exist, Liberals would of still been severly smashed and Labor would of received every single Green vote ;)

Traders classify themselves as capitalists.

Liberal is seen as pro-capitalist.

Labor is seen as anti-capitalist.

Despite the above not necessarily being totally accurate, it's a tribal thing.

Despite the above not necessarily being totally accurate, it's a tribal thing.

Waynel its politics no one is listening to logic, now where is that spear there is still a couple of Libs to get LOL

Focus