Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

WEB - Web Travel Group

Since WEB regained the red 200ma, the trajectory has been upward without missing a beat.
Volume, however, has dropped off since then.
Still not ideal but looking good..

Attachments

• WEB 2023-12-28 .jpg
    WEB 2023-12-28 .jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 7
WEB announced record results today and is investigating splitting the business into WebBeds, the hotel room booking business and WebOTA, the on-line travel agent business.

Up 8% on one or both bits of news.

It's been a nice recovery since Covid and a breakout today.

1716360822170.png

not one I follow...

Webjet to demerge
By Glenn Dyer | More Articles by Glenn Dyer

Of course, the splitting of Webjet (ASX:WEB) into two companies is going to be a good thing – you don’t have to read the 214-page explanatory document to know that.

Why else would Webjet release the independent expert’s report with its recommendation to back the split, along with a notice of meeting for shareholders to decide in a vote in Melbourne on September 17?
The split was only announced in May, so the company and its advisors have been working hard, but you get a more than big hint that the spin-off idea had been around for a while.
The deal will see the demerger of Webjet Group Limited (Webjet B2C) from Webjet Limited, by way of an in-specie dividend and capital reduction (Demerger Resolution).

If approved, shareholders will be entitled to receive one Webjet B2C share for every Webjet Limited share held at the Demerger Record Date at 7pm on September 24. Shareholders will also retain their existing Webjet Limited shares. If the demerger proceeds, and subject to shareholder approval, Webjet Limited will also be renamed to WEB Travel Group Limited.

Webjet said its Board “unanimously recommends that Webjet Limited shareholders vote in favour of the Demerger Resolution to be considered at the EGM. Each Webjet Limited Director who holds or controls Webjet Limited shares intends to vote in favour of the Demerger Resolution.”

KPMG Financial Advisory Services, the Independent Expert appointed by Webjet to review the proposed demerger, has concluded that the demerger is in the best interests of shareholders

from the AGM:

Chair’s Address – Roger Sharp.

As shareholders are aware, today’s meeting has been convened for shareholders to consider and vote upon the proposed demerger of Webjet B2C from Webjet Limited.

If approved, the demerger will form two independent ASX-listed companies with leadership positions in their respective industries and with their own distinct operating profiles, strategies and growth opportunities. These will be:
• The existing listed company, which will be renamed WEB Travel Group and will own WebBeds, the global B2B travel distribution business; and

• The soon to be listed spin-off, to be known as Webjet Group Limited, which will comprise our B2C businesses – namely Webjet OTA, GoSee and Trip Ninja.

WEB Travel Group - code WEB
Webjet Group Limited - code WJL

Have not been following WEB or any travel companies. Wondering what this means for WEB and WJL. A brighter future for the latter?
it's an interesting one ... once the 2 entities are installed, where is the capital allocated? Because quite often one side was being held back under the old structure.

I'd think the new WEB has the growth ahead. Some analysts are saying that

.... outperform recommendation, saying Web Travel had a record of growing market share in the global hotel wholesale market and was more diverse, having expanded rapidly outside its European stronghold...
“The company has a demonstrated track record of growing ahead of the broader global hotel wholesale market.“Web Travel will become a high-growth, pure-play, global B2B marketplace for hotels through its ownership of WebBeds. “The marketplace connects over 500,000 hotels in more than 190 countries to over 50,000 buyers through API connectivity or trade-only booking websites."
And it has the potential to become an industry consolidate.

WJL by contrast has 8 per cent of the booking space, is in competition with global behemoths , can only really "clip the ticket" and is exposed to economic forces and variable discretionary spend. imo. It may be able to expand, grow its share and move into other sectors, but this can come at a cost.

it's an interesting one ... once the 2 entities are installed, where is the capital allocated? Because quite often one side was being held back under the old structure.

I'd think the new WEB has the growth ahead. Some analysts are saying that

And it has the potential to become an industry consolidate.

WJL by contrast has 8 per cent of the booking space, is in competition with global behemoths , can only really "clip the ticket" and is exposed to economic forces and variable discretionary spend. imo. It may be able to expand, grow its share and move into other sectors, but this can come at a cost.
Wow, wow, wow, don't know how I missed your reply, Dona, but I did. Just letting you know I wasn't ignoring you or have you think you're replies aren't important. I get lost often along my travels, so nothing new there. Thank you for reply, much appreciated.

WJL went up now down, wondering where it's going in the future. Good luck to all holders.

Some competition coming from an unlikely source.

I've got no idea how those prices compare, but an interesting development.

Similar to Bunnings marketplace, the large companies are becoming Walmarts, they just gotta lock you in with a rewards card.

Wow, wow, wow, don't know how I missed your reply, Dona, but I did. Just letting you know I wasn't ignoring you or have you think you're replies aren't important. I get lost often along my travels, so nothing new there. Thank you for reply, much appreciated.

WJL went up now down, wondering where it's going in the future. Good luck to all holders.

Interesting question.

Just about every second person I talk to is either traveling or planning to travel OS, mostly to Europe. But with the tensions and fighting in the Middle East, will that put a dampener on the willingness of people to travel to the other side of the globe?

Some competition coming from an unlikely source.

I've got no idea how those prices compare, but an interesting development.

Similar to Bunnings marketplace, the large companies are becoming Walmarts, they just gotta lock you in with a rewards card.
more relevant to WJL , following the split.

WJL was good for trading for a couple of days after it launched, now is a watch and see what happens stock

Can anyone explain the difference in these charts?

And more to the point, tell me which one is correct?

First is from CommSec, second is Trading View, and looking at the past couple of weeks they don't match at all. Am I missing something here? Both are weekly charts.

The price data is different too. CommSec says that spike in may was to a high of $8.57 whilst Trading View says it was to $9.72

Anyone able to confirm with some other source which is correct? And whether I've made some silly mistake here? Both charts were accessed a few minutes ago and, since it's a weekend with the market closed, ought to have the exact same data, right?

1728200412781.png

1728200340213.png

I must be making some silly mistake here surely?

looking at the past couple of weeks they don't match at all.
Why do you say that? I can't see a difference. You mean the third last week? Bigchart's saying Commsec chart is right.
Regarding May bar, It's obscured by your dotted line, but BigCharts is saying CommSec chart has got the high of 8.57 right.

WEEKLY
big (82).gif

you remember the last 2 bars? 🍻🍷

There was a split, when WEB hived off WJL a week or so ago. is one adjusting for the buck or so, and the other not??

You all speak in riddles. That causes confusion and starts a chain of thought that ends with me going out and buying beer. And it'd be your fault!

Why do you say that? I can't see a difference.
I was referring to recent price action yes. The last two bars in particular don't match.

This daily chart shows it more clearly. Note the last 10 bars:

1728215240950.png

1728215276915.png

So something's up.

It touches on one of my pet hates - altering data without making it clear that it has been altered and providing the original unaltered data.

Anyway thanks for the comment. If your chart from another source matches CommSec then I'll assume that's correct. :2twocents