Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Very nice Rain here today

Garpal Gumnut

Ross Island Hotel
Reactions
Just some lovely rain here, all day.

I haven't bothered measuring it. It has knocked the heat on it's head.

Don't you just love days like this? I can leave getting everything back out again from the sheds for another day after the cyclone warning last week.

A possible storm this evening to which it will be nice to go abed. Sometimes you feel as if it has been all laid on just for you. Peace.

gg

tempImageQ0mA5a.jpg

Just some lovely rain here, all day.

I haven't bothered measuring it. It has knocked the heat on it's head.

Don't you just love days like this? I can leave getting everything back out again from the sheds for another day after the cyclone warning last week.

A possible storm this evening to which it will be nice to go abed. Sometimes you feel as if it has been all laid on just for you. Peace.

gg

View attachment 171013
gg Stop crowing we are baking over here with another 4 days of misery forecast !!!!

most of the East Coast is green. No crackle under foot. Councils mowing every couple of weeks. Lake George is running a banker. Darling has some flows. Apart from western Vic, not too many bushfires this season

Different story on W Coast, it seems.

Last edited:
Such a great country from Martin Pl. to out West and to here up North. Rain in varying amounts brings relief or danger in equal amounts.

The North Western Queensland cousins inundated and loss of life at Duchess recently. Duchess equidistant from Cloncurry and Mt. Isa named after an Aboriginal girl who teamed up with a runaway English dook called "Duke" back in the day when pastoralism was the go.

Another similar lucky Duchess is to the left.

2F19%2Farticle-2608185-1D30287600000578-87_964x551.jpg

gg

Such a great country from Martin Pl. to out West and to here up North. Rain in varying amounts brings relief or danger in equal amounts.

The North Western Queensland cousins inundated and loss of life at Duchess recently. Duchess equidistant from Cloncurry and Mt. Isa named after an Aboriginal girl who teamed up with a runaway English dook called "Duke" back in the day when pastoralism was the go.

Another similar lucky Duchess is to the left.

View attachment 171050

gg
gg we would like to see a bit pf precipitation over here but not in the amounts being dropped over there.
Over 4 months since the trees got a drink and they are starting to look a bit sick.
Water is surely dropping faster than they can get their roots too it.

The summer heat has been put on the backburner for a couple of days here.
A couple of mm yesterday and then today only drizzle but the temp is struggling to get over 23deg.
Even put a jumper on this morning.
Gone from singlet and shorts to winter gear, for the time being.
Summer is forecast to return during the week.
Be interesting to see how the weather bimbos on the TV handle this weather change as all they seem to know is "summer is good".
Apologies to "Don"

I have been enjoying the heat and humidity, Victorians and C0ck A Roaches down here at Noosa over the past month.

Who needs to visit Melbourne or Sydney when one can enjoy Queensland and view those creatures close up with our police on standby to protect me when their sense of humour slips.

Where have all the Queenslanders gone?

Noosa, good to visit, better than the Azoo, but it will be good to get back to my fellow Queenslanders at the pub. Bonza. What a great airline.

gg

I have been enjoying the heat and humidity, Victorians and C0ck A Roaches down here at Noosa over the past month.

Who needs to visit Melbourne or Sydney when one can enjoy Queensland and view those creatures close up with our police on standby to protect me when their sense of humour slips.

Where have all the Queenslanders gone?

Noosa, good to visit, better than the Azoo, but it will be good to get back to my fellow Queenslanders at the pub. Bonza. What a great airline.

gg
gg not sure whether to give a sad or laugh .

view those creatures close up with our police on standby to protect me when their sense of humour slips.

gg
gg not sure whether to give a sad or laugh .

I say this once and once only.

We live in times when our country has changed from its original state, in to that which we pitied and mocked, by a process of migration and propaganda.

Cowards roam the land and the people fear to speak.

Be yourselves and be proud.

gg

It hasn't really rained much in Melbs the past few weeks after a pretty wet and cool summer. The BOM must be sacked.

I had to call the council and complain about the local parks being bone dry and not being watered, even though the Melb water storage is above 90%. They got on to it pretty quickly, which was good. I have a suspicion that City o Yarra were holding back the watering due to fear it would never rain again. Thanks to Professor Tim.

After the hot spell we've had over the past few days, I expect a storm with some thunder and lightning shortly, like always occurs. Always has and always will.

It hasn't really rained much in Melbs the past few weeks after a pretty wet and cool summer. The BOM must be sacked.

I had to call the council and complain about the local parks being bone dry and not being watered, even though the Melb water storage is above 90%. They got on to it pretty quickly, which was good. I have a suspicion that City o Yarra were holding back the watering due to fear it would never rain again. Thanks to Professor Tim.

After the hot spell we've had over the past few days, I expect a storm with some thunder and lightning shortly, like always occurs. Always has and always will.
@Sean K Me thinks we could do with you over here to appease the rain Gods and get some precipitation happening.
Hardly any rain of consequence since October last year.
Out of 9 paddock dams 7 are bone dry and the other 2 are getting into desperate arenas.

@Sean K Me thinks we could do with you over here to appease the rain Gods and get some precipitation happening.
Hardly any rain of consequence since October last year.
Out of 9 paddock dams 7 are bone dry and the other 2 are getting into desperate arenas.

I hope your bovines are doing OK. Do they just hang around the full dams or do you have to lead them up to the house for a drink?

We had a reasonable shower last Friday down here on the Ponderosa with a little bit of runoff.

But went to a client Saturday morning literally only 300m away and they got SFA. Weird.

I hope your bovines are doing OK. Do they just hang around the full dams or do you have to lead them up to the house for a drink?
The ones here at home are fine plenty of water and paddock feed hand feeding them.
The ones at the other farm, plenty of paddock feed but the dam water supply is critical. Hanging for some rain this week.
Little bits are forecast. 20mm would a saviour as all the dams have granite slides in front of them.

We had a reasonable shower last Friday down here on the Ponderosa with a little bit of runoff.

But went to a client Saturday morning literally only 300m away and they got SFA. Weird.
Rain here similar, a good shower on a wet area, walk 500m. and it is bone dry.

It is what it is, I suppose. Over 3 weeks continuous rain for Townsville, now that is weird.

gg