Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Tomorrow's trading on the ASX?

Hmm just wondering/pondering will tomorrow be a meaningful trading day, or perhaps Mournful Monday. is red going to be the colour of choice, because mine is definately paddock green
Hi @farmerge and welcome to our friendly ASF community.

Am guessing a mostly red/flat day tomorrow if we happen to follow the lead of US market's from Saturday morning... doesn't mean though that it can't be a meaningful trading day tomorrow as there are always some "green stocks" surging for one reason or another.

It's finding these trading opportunities that becomes key to ongoing investing success (whether day trading, short term trading or longer term trading) depending on your strategy/plan.

Hmm just wondering/pondering will tomorrow be a meaningful trading day, or perhaps Mournful Monday. is red going to be the colour of choice, because mine is definately paddock green
stocks gone ex-div. today include RHC , FMG , BEN and ILU so there is some downward pressure , a negative lead from the US over the weekend .. and is it some sort of holiday in the US ??

so i would be surprised if the OPEN was green , however what about later in the day ??

given tomorrow is a RBA day , i would expect volumes on the light side

how comfortable are you trading in a thin market ?

stocks gone ex-div. today include RHC , FMG , BEN and ILU so there is some downward pressure , a negative lead from the US over the weekend .. and is it some sort of holiday in the US ??

so i would be surprised if the OPEN was green , however what about later in the day ??

If there's a good trading opportunity - I trade it no matter the market sentiment/conditions lol as there are always stock's in the green & doing well (just a matter of finding them which takes time, effort, research etc.).

I've had some amazing trades where I've made an easy 15%-20% profit in 30 mins lol however I cut losing trades quickly to get out close to break even. Never ever hold onto a trade if it turns against you (as capital preservation is paramount in managing risk vs reward).

Only quality blue chip shares I tend to hold longer term/average down over time if necessary (whilst receiving dividends/income).

i don't really 'trade' but sometimes i can grab a fair price ( or reduce ) in the open ( and close ) volatility

but 3 months ( buy-sell ) is really short-term for me , i try to hold for a year or more

i don't really 'trade' but sometimes i can grab a fair price ( or reduce ) in the open ( and close ) volatility

but 3 months ( buy-sell ) is really short-term for me , i try to hold for a year or more
Good morning divs4ever
You don’t know what you are missing out on …. Guaranteed high level blood flow and waves of adrenaline rushes ha ha ha

Have a very nice Monday

Kind regards
rcw1

Good morning divs4ever
You don’t know what you are missing out on …. Guaranteed high level blood flow and waves of adrenaline rushes ha ha ha

Have a very nice Monday

Kind regards
rcw1
on heart medication , some of the pills are the maximum dosage ( since December 2016 )

now i haven't mentioned my stock-market interest to my two cardiologists , GP , or hematologist , , but am guessing i won't be given the two thumbs up signal

adrenaline rushes , yep had them when younger when i was a competitive cyclist ( you would be amazed what bicycle can do )

good luck

WHOOPS !

got that wrong , at least it wasn't a 100 point jump

Choppy start to the week so far. US markets being closed for Labour Day will also contribute to lighter volumes today, and might place greater emphasis on for news from China.

Chinese authorities remain committed to their Covid-Zero policy despite an already significant slowdown. All trading carries risk, but with the Caixin Services PMI data due shortly, it'll be interesting to see what impact that has on sentiment

Tend to sit on my hands when the bloke in the mirror says hold off

actually i dozed off to sleep for a while , the internet was sluggish , so probably couldn't have reacted fast enough to grab any momentary opportunities ,

i won't some fairly chunky discounts for the buys , so without an extra 1% drop i was unlikely to have a busy day

Choppy start to the week so far. US markets being closed for Labour Day will also contribute to lighter volumes today, and might place greater emphasis on for news from China.

Chinese authorities remain committed to their Covid-Zero policy despite an already significant slowdown. All trading carries risk, but with the Caixin Services PMI data due shortly, it'll be interesting to see what impact that has on sentiment
am still wondering if the Chinese lock-downs are really just discreet sanctions ( and export bans )

after all China is knee-deep in a trade war

and as Sun Tzu states .. all war is based on deception

With the DOW and mates, with the exception of the Nikkei finishing Friday/Saturday on a positive note, healthy green, I am now looking at Monday being a healthy trading day, and the bloke in the mirror is nodding in agreement. Almost enough to make one get excited.

With the DOW and mates, with the exception of the Nikkei finishing Friday/Saturday on a positive note, healthy green, I am now looking at Monday being a healthy trading day, and the bloke in the mirror is nodding in agreement. Almost enough to make one get excited.
i hope so

i am thinking of nibbling at BBOZ ( for a re-entry ) and adding extra CCV

BBOZ for possibly a short stay ( out by the end of January if all goes well ) CCV for the cold , dark financial winter to come

i hope so

i am thinking of nibbling at BBOZ ( for a re-entry ) and adding extra CCV

BBOZ for possibly a short stay ( out by the end of January if all goes well ) CCV for the cold , dark financial winter to come
Hmm divs4ever I played around BBOZ quite some time ago and got badly bitten. Went against that very sage, so no-one to blame but me. Certainly not a goer as far as I am concerned. Hope that you do well, though.

Hmm divs4ever I played around BBOZ quite some time ago and got badly bitten. Went against that very sage, so no-one to blame but me. Certainly not a goer as far as I am concerned. Hope that you do well, though.
was ( badly ) bitten on my last parcel of BBUS

but these 'reverse index' plays are very much 'hot potato' or for the extremely brave

how well i do will depend on how much like 2020 will the next 3 months be

two buddies have been building positions since last November ( whereas this is my first new dabble since 2020 )

IF the market plummets buying GEAR cheap looks the better play ( mid or long term ) but here we are , noises about bank liquidity and over-riced markets ( in some sectors )

cheers

New cycle highs for the ASX200 with the index currently up 0.67% and trading above the early December peak.

All trading involves risk, but it will be interesting to see if the market can hold this move heading into the afternoon, or if the move starts to run into resistance from here.