Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Tomorrow's trading on the ASX?

What color will the market be tomorrow, red, green, yellow or blue?

black , black and black

the ASX opens again on Tuesday

however the market should try to start in the green , but how long will in stay there as ETFs try to buy more stocks to build extra units for their investors

( i believe there should be a mild inflow of funds from March )

however May and June cometh and some will be thinking of selling to pay their taxes or to crystallize tax losses

US equities began the week on a softer note as stronger than expected manufacturing data suggested there is no imminent need for rate cuts.

The ASX is expected to open higher this morning, with ASX200 futures up 1.03% or 81 points to 7,951 when the futures last traded on Thursday. For investors, the latest RBA policy minutes due at 11:30 AEDT this morning for clues as to the outlook for interest rates. Wednesday will bring the latest PMI reports for China, followed by Australian building permits for February on Thursday.

Commodities

Oil prices started the week on a positive note, with both WTI and Brent crude up 0.91% and 0.69% respectively to US$83.93 and US$87.60. Iron ore futures in Singapore at 1.2% higher this morning following a gain of 2.25% on Monday, currently traded at US$102.55 with copper also 1.17% higher. Gold is 0.74% higher at US$2,246 an oz along with silver 0.25% while Bitcoin is -1.81% lower at US$69,565.

• icon-search.png

• YAL
  • $5.230
  • $-0.010 (-0.19%)

YANCOAL AUST LTD FPO (ORDINARY FULLY PAID)

Tue 02 Apr 2024 11:27 AM (Sydney time)

Share Quote

Bid ($)

Offer ($)

High ($)

Low ($)

Volume

Trades

Value ($)

Open ($)

Previous Close ($)
5.230 5.230 5.300 5.180 807,337 882 4,224,774 5.300 5.240

Market Depth

View: Price Detail | Order Detail

BuyersSellers
No.VolumePrice ($)Price ($)VolumeNo.
-1-955.2305.2301,9995

Good morning everyone,

Saw something rather unusual on Westpac broking....YAL's depth, but the above post didn't come out as I see it in the depth.

Basically, I've never seen a minus in the depth. This morning, the minus was on the sell side as the share price went down, now it's reversed to the buy side. Anyone knows what the implication is? This minus 95 does not show up on Commsec. I'm lost....

Good morning everyone,

Saw something rather unusual on Westpac broking....YAL's depth, but the above post didn't come out as I see it in the depth.

Basically, I've never seen a minus in the depth. This morning, the minus was on the sell side as the share price went down, now it's reversed to the buy side. Anyone knows what the implication is? This minus 95 does not show up on Commsec. I'm lost....
screen shot or EDIT??

Hi Dona,

I'm thinking something might be wrong with their site???. Will ring to find out.

While I'm on about Westpac Broking, they up my brokerage last week from ?can't remember the date now....(for my range of trading) I rang to complain about it, but haven't heard yet. I think different people are given different brokerage rates, just be going by Commsec too....I complained about that as well, but a week has gone by, no feedback

Hope you've had a great Easter, Dona. Will be back later when I find out from Westpac

Commsec fees ( the short version)

since the beginning of this year ( yes there are some changes )

Trade online and settle your trade to a CDIA5 or CommSec Margin Loan5
  • $5.00 (Up to and including $1,000)
  • $10.00 (Over $1,000 up to $3,000 (inclusive))
  • $19.95 (Over $3,000 up to $10,000 (inclusive))
  • $29.95 (Over $10,000 up to $25,000 (inclusive))
  • 0.12% (Over $25,000)
Trade online and settle into a bank account of your choice
  • $29.95 (Up to and including $9,999.99)
  • 0.31% ($10,000 and above)

Hi Dona,

I'm thinking something might be wrong with their site???. Will ring to find out.

While I'm on about Westpac Broking, they up my brokerage last week from ?can't remember the date now....(for my range of trading) I rang to complain about it, but haven't heard yet. I think different people are given different brokerage rates, just be going by Commsec too....I complained about that as well, but a week has gone by, no feedback

Hope you've had a great Easter, Dona. Will be back later when I find out from Westpac
Westpac sent me an email the other week about the changes.

1712141239351.png

Market Index - Wednesday Evening Wrap

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

The S&P/ASX 200 closed 105.4 points lower, down -1.34%.
Thump. That's the sound of Aussie stocks coming back to earth. And most of us would probably say: Well...Duh!
I mean, hands up if you actually thought the Federal Reserve in the US was going to cut rates three times this year? Yeah, just as I thought. Nobody.
But this is what markets do...they get all excited about something (usually interest rate cuts), and then all miserable when reality suddenly sets in.
Oh well...it's time for your daily dose of reality...so...
Let’s dive in!

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

The S&P/ASX 200 closed 105.4 points lower, down -1.34%.
Thump. That's the sound of Aussie stocks coming back to earth. And most of us would probably say: Well...Duh!
I mean, hands up if you actually thought the Federal Reserve in the US was going to cut rates three times this year? Yeah, just as I thought. Nobody.
But this is what markets do...they get all excited about something (usually interest rate cuts), and then all miserable when reality suddenly sets in.
Oh well...it's time for your daily dose of reality...so...
Let’s dive in!
touched an intra-day record ( for the XJO ) on Tuesday ,

although it feels depressing we are still well over 7500 which was considered fairly good last year

however retraces are reasonably common , this might be the start of a trend

touched an intra-day record ( for the XJO ) on Tuesday ,

although it feels depressing we are still well over 7500 which was considered fairly good last year

however retraces are reasonably common , this might be the start of a trend
Going to be an interesting couple of months leading into December, I think many people are waiting for the rate cut to happen.

The ASX is expected to open firmer this morning with ASX200 futures up 26 points or 0.33% to 7,855. The index slumped -1.34% on Wednesday following a weaker lead from Wall Street with most sectors lower and 82% of stocks finishing down. Interest rate-sensitive names were some of the hardest hit, with WiseTech and Xero both dropping -5.02% and -5.69% respectively. Property stocks, which are also sensitive to interest rates were lower, with Goodman down -2.4% along with Scentre -3.6%.

Oil prices extended a run of gains with both WTI and Brent crude 0.55% and 0.64% respectively. The move comes despite an unexpected build in US crude oil inventories of 3.21m barrels compared to expectations of a -1.511m draw. This was partly offset by a significantly larger decline in gasoline inventories of -4.256m barrels vs -820k expected. Iron ore futures in Singapore finished -2.03% lower on Wednesday and are a further -1.31% weaker this morning at US$98.20 while copper finished 3.49% higher. Gold rose 0.77% to US$2,298 an oz, a new all-time high benefiting from a weaker USD, silver rose 3.62% to US$27.09 while Bitcoin was little changed at US$65,665.