Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The completely useless irrelevant thread

oh no! not again!
Screenshot_20240202-115755_Google.jpg

As I was travelling down the hill late this morning the temp on the car dashboard read 46 deg, and it hovered around the 45 deg mark until I almost got home about half an hour ago.

La déconstruction n'est rien d'autre que la totalité technologique des protocoles discursifs par lesquels le Discours (logos) de la métaphysique en vient à réversion, et par elle, à l'assomption violente de ses propres limites

natura abhorret a vacuo.
Vacuum has been a frequent topic of philosophical debate since ancient Greek times, but was not studied empirically until the 17th century. Clemens Timpler (1605) philosophized about the experimental possibility of producing a vacuum in small tubes. Evangelista Torricelli produced the first laboratory vacuum in 1643, and other experimental techniques were developed as a result of his theories of atmospheric pressure.

Vacuum has been a frequent topic of philosophical debate since ancient Greek times, but was not studied empirically until the 17th century. Clemens Timpler (1605) philosophized about the experimental possibility of producing a vacuum in small tubes. Evangelista Torricelli produced the first laboratory vacuum in 1643, and other experimental techniques were developed as a result of his theories of atmospheric pressure.
I think the vacuum thing has been overhyped.
Its time we stopped giving it oxygen.
Mick