Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

The completely useless irrelevant thread

Reactions
When reading some of the comments on the why you should block / not block others posts, I came across the startling piece of info that our glorious leader(OGL) , aka Mr Blow, relies on the site having many messages/comments to make a buck.
This poses some contradictory positions for me as I find a lot of the chaff on the site mind blowingly boring and about full of me toosim.
But its that traffic that keeps the site functioning at a sufficient margin to make it worthwhile for OGL To bother with it.
so it would be good if people post their crap under this thread.
It will solve two issues:
Keeping OGL in the manner to which he has become accustomed.
Getting some of the irrelevant stuff out of the useful stock threads.
Mick

When reading some of the comments on the why you should block / not block others posts, I came across the startling piece of info that our glorious leader(OGL) , aka Mr Blow, relies on the site having many messages/comments to make a buck.
This poses some contradictory positions for me as I find a lot of the chaff on the site mind blowingly boring and about full of me toosim.
But its that traffic that keeps the site functioning at a sufficient margin to make it worthwhile for OGL To bother with it.
Mick
A bit bored are you Mick?

How's the shoulder by the way ?

I am bored.
The missus is doing a locum downhere in Paynesville.
Weather is wet, humid, fish not bighting, 8 billion people to contend with, and shoulder is getting better thanks, though I am concerned I will struggle should I fluke hooking a decent sized fish.
Mick

I am bored.
The missus is doing a locum downhere in Paynesville.
Weather is wet, humid, fish not bighting, 8 billion people to contend with, and shoulder is getting better thanks, though I am concerned I will struggle should I fluke hooking a decent sized fish.
Mick
Speaking of fishing, best not hook one of these until your shoulder is better

<<A video shared on social media filmed by an onlooker shows the blonde-haired fisherman standing on the edge of the riverbank, firming gripping his fishing rod stretched out in front of him, appearing to have already hooked his barramundi. The clip then cuts to the shirtless man neck-deep in the water as he crosses the river, still latching on to his rod in a desperate attempt not to lose his catch>>

Mick

Ah Truly brilliant Mick. Clearly looking for POTY award with that contribution.:laugh:

At last count I understand OGL AKA Joe Bow earns $1.378982.89 million PA off ASF. Or some other equally believable figure..:laugh:Frankly I wouldn't embarrass him with the query.

As far as "chaff/zrap" on ASF ? We all despair Mick. Again, frankly, if ASF didn't have its own fair share of poor quality posts (whatever that means ) it would be a total outlier on the net wouldn't it ? Having said that IMV there is some excellent quality content and I guess there could be more - if thoughtful, fairminded and investment critical people hung around.

I reckon this thread is right up my street. 🤣
You maybe could have called it the facebook thread, but then I wouldn't have seen it, so it would have been irrelevant to me. 🤪
There you go, first useless post, which is another one of my skill sets.

I'm not sure this is totally useless, but then, whats going on?

same celery ... pay more, get less.
20240105_140031.jpg

So here is my contribution to irrelevancy, a whinge into the ether, re road rage:

Today for about the zillionth time, I copped a spray on the road from some random psycho, richly featuring the C-bomb, a topping on the cake to a litany of other profanities.

My crime? Having the temerity to travel at the relevant speed limit.

An interesting feature of almost all of these one-sided interchanges is that these brave souls only take this opportunity when there is almost zero chance of my right of reply, either verbal or physical.

I'm not saying that I would take the opportunity to engage with these valiant <cough> road warriors, I wouldn't. Far better to smile, be Zen, and imagine how crap their life must be to have to be so aggressive for such a minor infringement upon their ego.

Ah, life in cultural haute ecole that is 'Straya!

So here is my contribution to irrelevancy, a whinge into the ether, re road rage:

Today for about the zillionth time, I copped a spray on the road from some random psycho, richly featuring the C-bomb, a topping on the cake to a litany of other profanities.

My crime? Having the temerity to travel at the relevant speed limit.

An interesting feature of almost all of these one-sided interchanges is that these brave souls only take this opportunity when there is almost zero chance of my right of reply, either verbal or physical.

I'm not saying that I would take the opportunity to engage with these valiant <cough> road warriors, I wouldn't. Far better to smile, be Zen, and imagine how crap their life must be to have to be so aggressive for such a minor infringement upon their ego.

Ah, life in cultural haute ecole that is 'Straya!
You must have a lot of d***heads in your neighbourhood. I religiously stick to the speed limit because there are too many cops around my area, and virtually everyone else does the same. The Hume Highway to Melbourne was a paragon of virtue at Chfistmas.

What does annoy me is speed limits for roadworks where there are no roadworks in sight. Is it a trap? Ignore them and there is probably a cop hiding behind a tree.

You must have a lot of d***heads in your neighbourhood. I religiously stick to the speed limit because there are too many cops around my area, and virtually everyone else does the same. The Hume Highway to Melbourne was a paragon of virtue at Chfistmas.

What does annoy me is speed limits for roadworks where there are no roadworks in sight. Is it a trap? Ignore them and there is probably a cop hiding behind a tree.
99.9999% of Perthites are FIFO workers. IOW relatively high income boguns, hocked up to the earholes on Rams, Malloos, Mustang sh1tboxes and the like, angry because they can scarcely afford such small dick w@nkmobiles and some 10 yo, paid for, base model Hilux tradie ute is in the way of them achieving one of their extremely infrequent 3rections.

(Not that anyone would ever notice it)

99.9999% of Perthites are FIFO workers. IOW relatively high income boguns, hocked up to the earholes on Rams, Malloos, Mustang sh1tboxes and the like, angry because they can scarcely afford such small dick w@nkmobiles and some 10 yo, paid for, base model Hilux tradie ute is in the way of them achieving one of their extremely infrequent 3rections.

Spot on, the wife and I ride the pushbikes around a loop, it is a cycle/walkway about 10k's South, then cross over the highway and come about 12k's back alongside an estuary.

The holiday weekend we were riding back and a Mr Whippy van was parked on the roadside and people were lined up across the cycle/footpath way to buy an icecream, cars were lined up infront and behind the icecream van.

So we are coming along, me in front and I slow to nearly a stop as I near the queue, then ring the bell and ask if we can go through.

Well an overweight bearded bloke in his late 20's or early 30's says use the road, so I said why so you don't have to take a step back, the last thing you need is an ice cream.

Well the wife tells me I have to button it, I think why?

and they eat celery?