Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Sean K Trading

Sean K

Reactions
I used to have a trading blog on ASF, but it disappeared during a time that I was mostly deployed on military operations. So, it's been lost.

Inspired by the likes of @peter2, @Skate, @qldfrog, @Captain_Chaza and others, it's time I recorded my buys, sells and rationale, or otherwise, in real time, now that I'm back full time trading/investing.

Current positions are below, not including real estate.

I obviously have too much in the green pie at the moment. I blame my brother and @ducati916 for scaring the crap out of me with the state of the world economy. Makes me want to go back to day trading, but I'm crap at it.

Screenshot 2024-04-26 at 7.17.26 PM.png

Last edited:
I obviously have too much in the green pie at the moment.
are you sure about that ?

i note some managers have a very high ( for them ) cash/liquidity component

now i am no expert on timing , but golly gee , there are some interesting scenarios unraveling currently ( i would rather be waiting with a hoard of cash at my fingertips , than rushing here and there to generate a few $K )

yes i am currently cash light ( but 4 possible take-overs re playing out ) , but i don't have a lot of trust in the banking system currently

so 'cash working' helps me sleep better

good luck , 2024 might easily have some unique challenges

am very much a contrarian

i could even see how MMT could work , but sadly the clowns grabbed the theory and turned it into a circus ( or grift )

but maybe your trading skills will be good enough to get through this with a smile

( BTW , a complete shock to everyone that knows me personally , comes when they realize i am actually an optimist !! )

Many throughout the world's markets are quite bullish though Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway remains bearish about many sectors and is holding US$200 billion in cash. They remain with much of their assets in Insurance worldwide. Very many are investing heavily in Canadian and US Gold miners with cash piling into Newmont yesterday. It appears to be a game of picking the right sector and Bitcoin the great gamble.

i could even see how MMT could work , but sadly the clowns grabbed the theory and turned it into a circus ( or grift )

but maybe your trading skills will be good enough to get through this with a smile

( BTW , a complete shock to everyone that knows me personally , comes when they realize i am actually an optimist !! )
@divs4ever - I would love to know your personality in person. Just send me your address and arrange a big bash party to make it memorable. :). Alternatively, if you are in Perth or coming to Perth, PM me to hold a party for you. @rnr - you are only in the next suburb, and we have yet to meet for the last three years :) :)

Cash? I plan on making a mint out of my gold shares and physical silver account. I will exit to cash only at the precise apex of the screaming bull market. Thence it's wing it to Vegas for me with a couple of lethal hookers on each arm and a cocaine dealer on speed dial. My Maker has ok'd it.

200.gif

Cash? I plan on making a mint out of my gold shares and physical silver account. I will exit to cash only at the precise apex of the screaming bull market. Thence it's wing it to Vegas for me with a couple of lethal hookers on each arm and a cocaine dealer on speed dial. My Maker has ok'd it.

View attachment 175629
I have left physical PMs and lethal hookers off the pie. Will add them in.

Sorry about that attention seeking post on your new and diligent thread @Sean K
I don't know what I'm doing at times 🤔

I’ve been doing some fundamental research on lethal hookers and cocaine and I’ve narrowed down a few options. I’m joining the Finks OMG tomorrow and will see how it goes. I’m not sure if they accept Vespas though.

I've been sitting on my hands this week waiting for opportunities to buy or sell. zzzzzz

PDI did a placement and the stock went down to the raise price so thought I'd add some. $50m should get them through another year to the DFS and the instos and 'sophisticated investors' must have done their due diligence on the likelihood of them getting the EP in the next half which should be a massive catalyst.

HCH is killing me with their own placement at a 20% discount when the MD said they weren't going to dilute any more. Losing patience.

Optimist is a good mindset for wellbeing , I am dead centre at realist myself but thats just me being the critical thinker i am

I think uranium might have consolidated enough so have doubled down on URNM, for the moment.

Having said that, I'm considering cashing in on DYL and LOT that I bought before the boom. I'm struggling to see how their MCs of $1.5b and $800m is warranted at the moment. DYL is years away from baking any cake and LOT is dragging it's heels. They were in the same position as BOE last year and they're back in production. Seems like they're lacking direction and the Botswana acquisition is a distraction. A better longer term move from here might be to put those funds into URNM.

Having said that, I'm considering cashing in on DYL and LOT that I bought before the boom. I'm struggling to see how their MCs of $1.5b and $800m is warranted at the moment. DYL is years away from baking any cake and LOT is dragging it's heels. They were in the same position as BOE last year and they're back in production. Seems like they're lacking direction and the Botswana acquisition is a distraction. A better longer term move from here might be to put those funds into URNM.
Wise move I think.
I own BOE and PDN thru super self invest but sadly can not invest with this ETF..which would be so much better .if you can switch to urnm , indeed do it..ride the wave of the mineral, save yourself from the operational potential nightmares of specific companies

@Joe Blow
I have registered on this thread but unlike other threads, not getting any trigger emails when a new post arrives on this.
As a self test, I unsubscribed and resubscribe.
Was it my or System It error

I have subscribed to this thread with email notifications to see what happens. I will let you know if it is working for me.