Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Pray for a Republican win next Tuesday

wayneL said:
Military Detention camps? WTF?

Military detention or private detention or Govt. detention.
Does not matter to me.
Scum are scum and should be treated as such..... especially if that is the way they treated their victims.
Bring back the chain gangs!!
Too much sympathy for some criminals.

123enen said:
Military detention or private detention or Govt. detention.
Does not matter to me.
Scum are scum and should be treated as such..... especially if that is the way they treated their victims.
Bring back the chain gangs!!
Too much sympathy for some criminals.

Be careful what you wish for. You may just get it.

123enen said:
Let me just say 4 words.

Julian Knight
Ivan Millat
Milat got a fair trial. David Hicks has not. What happens to Hicks could happen to any of us if the powers that be decide that is what they can get away with. Remember Pauline Hanson? A government which uses the thought of terrorism to frighten us into accepting draconian laws is itself a terrorist government.
In my opinion the defeat of the American Republicans is necessary as a lesson to Governments not to abuse basic human rights.

nioka said:
Milat got a fair trial.
So that would make him an ideal candidate for the chain gang. Ideally, I would like to have him electrocuted.

nioka said:
A government which uses the thought of terrorism to frighten us into accepting draconian laws is itself a terrorist government.
I found that statement very interesting. Let me rephrase your statement to my way of thinking.
A government which uses the reality of terrorism to convince and educate us into accepting difficult laws is itself a responsible government.

Now what.

Regarding Republicans /Democrats. I think Bush must go ASAP cause that is a mandatory start to reducing world tension. He has steered the world in a course that he cannot reverse, even if he wanted to. Someone else must get a fresh start to make new decisions and reduce world tension.

123enen said:
I found that statement very interesting. Let me rephrase your statement to my way of thinking.
A government which uses the reality of terrorism to convince and educate us into accepting difficult laws is itself a responsible government.
Remember power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. There is not a government that I would trust that far.

interesting thread.

next time you see bush in front of the cameras have a look at the us flag behind him. he was on tv the other night and guess which flag was hung?

01b.jpg

verdi said:
ok stuffed up. am new to site

can someone explain how to post a pic please?

the format is thus:
Code:
[IMG]http://www.imageurl.jpg[/IMG}

But use all square brackets.

Or just use the image icon at the top of the reply window

Cheers

thanks for that wayne.

i notice the picture came thro - what it means is that the flag shown with the yellow border is a military flag. meaning that when announcements are made before it then the statements made are done so in front of a military court.

thestorm said:
You all better start praying for a Republican win in the elections next Tuesday.

If the Democrats take control of the senate then the experts are predicting that the sharemarket is going to crash and it will be worse than Black Monday back in 1987.

You will all lose your money so I repeat pray for George W Bush's party to prevail.

WTF...what makes you think that?

thestorm said:
You all better start praying for a Republican win in the elections next Tuesday.

If the Democrats take control of the senate then the experts are predicting that the sharemarket is going to crash and it will be worse than Black Monday back in 1987.

You will all lose your money so I repeat pray for George W Bush's party to prevail.

"U.S. stocks dipped slightly on investor worries that Senate control was too close to call, but were up again by mid-afternoon after Rumsfeld's resignation and positive news from Microsoft Corp."WASHINGTON (Reuters)17:10 ET, Wed 8 Nov 2006

So much for those "experts".

thestorm said:

I think he heard what was quoted on most of the nightly news channels in the financial wrap ups. Comsec girl & Westpac bloke all mentioned something similar, to the above quote, last week & again this week.
Not that a crash will happen but some downturn if the Democrats have control.

123enen said:
Hmmmm.... some swallow any rhetoric whole don't they? Next you'll be trying to convince us that Fox News really does represent a "fair and balanced" representation of events :p:

wayneL said:
Right now, I think Satan himself would be a better alternative than the fascists.

Nick,

Interesting stats! Folklore diverges from reality, eh?

Cheers

"Great Satan" is what Ayatollah Khomeini called the United States when he declared jihad on the US in 1979. Jimmy Carter and the Democrats were the government then. I wonder if he would have done so if Republicans under Ronald Reagan or George Bush were in control at the time?

anon

billhill said:
Are you for real? or is this a wind up?

Just a few facts. When Bill Clinton (a democrat) left office he had overseen the united states longest sustained ecconomic boom, regular healthy buget surpluses and a stockmarket at new highs. Since then under GWB the sharemarket crashed, the buget has gone into deficit and there was a recession. I think i know which party i would prefer to run the US.

Market crash in GWB's time came about as a result of bursting of the dot.com bubble. It was initiated by the finding against Microsoft in a suit brought against it by Netscape. I am not aware of any political pressure influencing that judgement.

Didn't the dot.com bubble start in Bill Clinton's time?

anon

anon said:
"Great Satan" is what Ayatollah Khomeini called the United States when he declared jihad on the US in 1979. Jimmy Carter and the Democrats were the government then. I wonder if he would have done so if Republicans under Ronald Reagan or George Bush were in control at the time?

anon
Jimmy Carter!? He's history's greatest monster!