Votes: 51 8.7%
  • I dont think the existance of god is probable

Votes: 112 19.1%
  • I know there is no GOD we are a random quirk of nature

Votes: 167 28.5%

• Total voters
the pope rules as the new pharaoh.
the english royals rule the 'church of england'

all to take advantage of the frailties of men (and women).

I'm stunned that christians speak in 'old english' (first translation of the 'bible'), why not learn hebrew like muslims learn arabic?

'Thou shalt not ... ' - interesting speak for a hebrew.

As I remember reading somewhere, words to the effect of 'if one walked down the street talking to an invisible person, they'd have one locked up - how come religious people get away with it?'

Sadness abounds, it's the downside of life - religions from the beginning of recorded time have taken advantage of our fear of death. We are as primitive as all those who have passed before us.

I just wonder when the next pyramids will be built?

... 'if one walked down the street talking to an invisible person, they'd have one locked up - how come religious people get away with it?'
But is God an invisible person?

Sadness abounds, it's the downside of life - religions from the beginning of recorded time have taken advantage of our fear of death. We are as primitive as all those who have passed before us.

Yes indeed, in many respects, *more* primitive. "Science" hasn't helped either, even if it has helped open up possibilities, we still refuse to consider them.
:2twocents

Disclaimer: full of cheap Spanish Merlot again. :p:

You mean the social security pyramid scheme going on in the US right now? :D Or any other mega type government sponsored pyramid scheme scams? hehe

lol...

actually, I was thinking of the kind used for blood letting..

but, I guess any kind of pyramid would cause us grief, be it the one we can't afford (like the one your refer to), or the one that once again may be used to appease the gods in an attempt to bring certainty to this unpredictable world.

Maybe god is not invisible, didn't I see a picture in this thread of a cloud giving the world the finger? Maybe god is a cloud?

Disclaimer: full of cheap Spanish Merlot again. :p:

And in so imbibing, Wayne, you are doing a service to the wine maker, to the government and your fellow citizens, with the taxes on alcohol.
Drink on with pride.:)

And in so imbibing, Wayne, you are doing a service to the wine maker, to the government and your fellow citizens, with the taxes on alcohol.
Drink on with pride.:)

It's a win-win situation Julia. :D

As I don't really drink much anymore, it doesn't take much before I start speaking unintelligable garble.

What I would like to know is what percentage of people participating in this thread are over 60?

and

Who are worried about death/meeting their maker/ checking out/ yada yada etc..?

Some statistical demographic modelling would be required for me to join this thread.

Just a thought!

Don't feel guilty, just live. That's my only advice. IMVHO!

What I would like to know is what percentage of people participating in this thread are over 60?

and

Who are worried about death/meeting their maker/ checking out/ yada yada etc..?

Don't feel guilty, just live. That's my only advice. IMVHO!

under 45

when my numbers up , its up .........

i am guilty and thats a cross i have to bear :D

Moses, Jesus, .. who's next? K. Rudd?

I wonder if it's those who love life who fear death?

It's always hard to give a good thing up!

When you're on a good thing, stick to it?

Mary Mckillop has achieved sainthood. Let us pray for her.......

And wonder why you could never cure amputees......

Mary Mckillop has achieved sainthood. Let us pray for her.......

And wonder why you could never cure amputees......

Why have a dig at a defenseless lady who does harm to no one? A better quality human being than all the rat bags walking this planet that's for sure.

Why have a dig at a defenseless lady who does harm to no one? A better quality human being than all the rat bags walking this planet that's for sure.

She is dead. She does not need defending.

Can you not see the hypocrisy in a church that claims it can cause miracles whilst not fessing up about its responsibility for child rape?

She is dead. She does not need defending.

Can you not see the hypocrisy in a church that claims it can cause miracles whilst not fessing up about its responsibility for child rape?

Well if you want to discuss child rape then go see the authorities and give them the names and details. No one is above the law although some may cheat it for a time. There is no need to bag the good people. Bag the bad ones instead.

gooner do you have stats comparing molesting priests to number of priests, to molesting school teachers to teachers, or molesting boy scouts leaders to boy scouts leaders ?

I remember hearing stories when growing up that women sexually abused were put on a 'pension' by a bank, and a bank employee or perhaps manager was just transferred after an after works drinks alteration or Christmas party which may have involved rape, while you may think the Catholic church has been involved in cover ups, I would not be surprised to see some cover ups in some house hold name organisations.

gooner do you have stats comparing molesting priests to number of priests, to molesting school teachers to teachers, or molesting boy scouts leaders to boy scouts leaders ?
I don't think your suggesting that it's ok because it happens in other organisations?

Personally, I don't think there is a God, but even if there was a God, as long as the church was being run by human beings it would still be corrupt.

Understood and well accepted thought ... good point.

I don't think your suggesting that it's ok because it happens in other organisations?

Personally, I don't think there is a God, but even if there was a God, as long as the church was being run by human beings it would still be corrupt.