Votes: 35 6.0%
  • God's existance is equally probable and improbable

Votes: 51 8.7%
  • I dont think the existance of god is probable

Votes: 112 19.1%
  • I know there is no GOD we are a random quirk of nature

Votes: 167 28.5%

• Total voters
I'm going to stick up for the Mormons. Several years ago I was laid up following an accident and worrying about stuff like cleaning the pool, mowing the lawns etc. .... They left me their phone number and assured me they'd be back promptly if they could do anything more. So my heartfelt thanks to two young Americans who were a great advertisement for their beliefs.
thanks Julia,
I'll remember that next time I need the pool cleaned . ;)
(mind you last time I looked the eels were about 6 feet long and growing, lol)
But If I need spritual guidance, - I'll take a raincheck thanks :eek:

Another way to look at it would be to enquire what right they have to preach to us - or to anyone :confused: Blind Freddy could predict that they'll be on exemplary behaviour .. that's their job description for chrissake.

I'm reminded of a case I read about where an American accused of killing his father was sentenced to "go out into the world as a missionary, and spread "the word of God" for a couple of years."
Whatta loada ...;)

I realise Julia that you do work with the underpriveleged etc, I just wish that foreign missionaries spent more of their time doing that as well - talking philanthropic work without hint of reward - which leads to the next question - why pick Australia as somewhere in need of help (compared to Africa?) or salvation (compared to America?).

A few scenarios (just scattered thoughts):-
a) foreign missionaries working in countries that are equally "enlightened" as their own, getting a financial footing (you can only do that in first world countries) doing very little for the local poor, without mentioning God (initially)
b) missionaries working amongst the poor and starving of Africa without mentioning God (ever)
c) local churches such as Salvation Army who spend a large percentage of their time collecting and doing charity work amongst the local poor, (who rarely mention God)
https://salvos.org.au/donate/secure-online-donations/
d) the sects like the Moonies where first world kids were told to go out and collect money on behalf of Moon (who enjoyed multimillionaire lifestyle)
e) sects like Jonestown, - who knows what the truth is there :eek:
"Some people think I have a lot of God in me"
f) the likes of the Mother Theresa (Christian happily working amongst the poor, sick and dying of India)- David Livingstone, Albert Schweitzer in Africa etc

As they say, an ant is the best preacher, and he says nothing.

Couldn't help thinking, when we were discussing the various operations on pets in another thread (BradK's dog - and heaps of other dog needing opns) - anything from $1500 to $3000 etc - and I 'm equally guilty of encouraging Brad to go with the operation as well - but the sort of money vets charge sheesh.

Now (thinking aloud) here's where you could apply your mind to an alternative way to look at it - Difficulty of course is explaining it to the kids who potentially would otherwise never forgive you (until they gain some maturity - after some time dealing with life's realities etc).

An alternative way to sell it to (maybe teenage) kids you can reason with might be ( first draft)

It's a sad day here for sure kids, that old Betsy has to go
but the world is full of poor kids, and they also need the dough
maybe think about old betsy laying down her life for theirs
as a reincarnate piglet who will lighten up their cares

Or a Yak for a Mongolian ( yak yak I hear you say ;))
So a kid can be Napolean for just the briefest day
and his family can have some cheese, and travel into town
and Bets can smile cos kids like these will have the lesser frown.
- and Betsy, them, and you and me will have the lesser frown.
http://www.worldvision.com.au/Smiles/GiftCatalogue/Gifts.aspx?RangeId=5

(I think they call it win-win don't they? )
$600 is a lot of yak - and sounds like hard yakka to rake that up, but maybe a piglet - ? anyways - still cheap compared to vets (was my intended point).:2twocents

And American religions are incredibly rich institutions (a la Dawkin's tape).:2,000,000,000 cents. And I just don't understand why they come here to preach to us :eek: (when we're quite capable of preaching to each other I hear you say lol)

Attachments

• salvos2.jpg
    salvos2.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 155
  • world vision1.jpg
    world vision1.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 173
  • world vision2.jpg
    world vision2.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 161
  • world vision3.jpg
    world vision3.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 162
  • world vision4.jpg
    world vision4.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 167
Just following along a lost trail in the jungle here, vaguely looking for references to God, or results of other people looking for God :-
Livingstone :- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livingstone
And if my disclosures regarding the terrible Ujijian slavery should lead to the suppression of the East Coast slave trade, I shall regard that as a greater matter by far than the discovery of all the Nile sources together” — Livingstone in a letter to the editor of the New York Herald.[5]
Livingstone completely lost contact with the outside world for six years .... Henry Morton Stanley, who had been sent in a publicity stunt to find him by the New York Herald newspaper in 1869, found Livingstone in the town of Ujiji on the shores of Lake Tanganyika on November 10, 1871,[9] greeting him with the words "Dr. Livingstone, I presume?"
Despite Stanley's urgings, Livingstone was determined not to leave Africa until his mission was complete. His illness made him confused and he had judgment difficulties at the end of his life. .....[6]

He died in that area in Chief Chitambo's village at Ilala southeast of Lake Bangweulu in Zambia, on 4 May 1873 from malaria and internal bleeding caused by dysentery. .....Livingstone's heart was buried under a Mvula tree near the spot where he died, now the site of the Livingstone Memorial. His body together with his journal was carried over a thousand miles by his loyal attendants Chuma and Susi, and was returned to Britain for burial in Westminster Abbey.

Livingstone’s legacy
By the late 1860s Livingstone’s reputation in Europe had suffered ...His reputation was rehabilitated by Stanley and his newspaper,[3] and by the loyalty of Livingstone's servants whose long journey with his body inspired wonder. The publication of his last journal revealed stubborn determination in the face of suffering.[2]

He had made geographical discoveries for European knowledge. He inspired abolitionists of the slave trade, explorers and missionaries. He opened up Central Africa to missionaries who initiated the education and health care for Africans, and trade by the African Lakes Company. He was held in some esteem by many African chiefs and local people and his name facilitated relations between them and the British.[2]

Partly as a result, within fifty years of his death, colonial rule was established in Africa and white settlement was encouraged to extend further into the interior.

On the other hand, within a further fifty years after that, two other aspects of his legacy paradoxically helped end the colonial era in Africa without excessive bloodshed. Livingstone was part of an evangelical and nonconformist movement in Britain which during the 19th Century changed the national mindset from the notion of a divine right to rule ‘lesser races’, to ethical ideas in foreign policy which, with other factors, contributed to the end the British Empire.[10] Secondly, Africans educated in mission schools founded by people inspired by Livingstone were at the forefront of national independence movements in central, eastern and southern Africa.[11]
Family Life
While Livingstone had a great impact on British Imperialism, he did so at a tremendous cost to his family. In his absences, his children grew up fatherless, and his wife eventually died of an alcohol related illness. His one regret in later life was that he did not spend enough time with his children
didn't spend enough time with his kids? lol - that's the same problem I had lol
did he spend any time with em ?
David Livingstone (19 March 1813 – 4 May 1873) was a Scottish Presbyterian pioneer medical missionary with the London Missionary Society and explorer in central Africa. He was the first European to see Victoria Falls, which he named in honour of the reigning monarch. ...

Influences on the young David Livingstone
David Livingstone's father Neil was very religious, a Sunday School teacher and teetotaller who handed out Christian tracts on his travels as a tea merchant, and who read books on theology, travel and missionary enterprises. This rubbed off on the young David, who became an avid reader, but he also loved scouring the countryside for animal, plant and geological specimens. Neil Livingstone had a fear of science books as undermining Christianity, but David instinctively felt that religion and science were friendly to each other. When he read Philosophy of a Future State by the science teacher and church minister Reverend Thomas Dick, he found the rationale he needed to combine the two, and apart from the Bible this book was perhaps his greatest philosophical influence.[2]

The other great influences on his life were Thomas Burke, a Blantyre evangelist; David Hogg, his Sunday School teacher; the missionary Karl Gützlaff, whose "Appeal to the Churches of Britain and America on behalf of China" persuaded Livingstone to join the London Missionary Society (LMS); and Robert Moffat, a fellow Scot and missionary in southern Africa.[2]

A further great influence, though, was not a person, but a job. From the age of ten he worked in a factory as a spinner to help support the family. The years of monotony gave him persistence, endurance, and a natural empathy with all who labour, as expressed by lines he used to hum from the egalitarian Robbie Burns song:
"When man to man, the world o'er / Shall brothers be for a' that".[2]

Attachments

• livingstone.jpg
    livingstone.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 157
thanks Julia,
I'll remember that next time I need the pool cleaned . ;)
(mind you last time I looked the eels were about 6 feet long and growing, lol)
But If I need spritual guidance, - I'll take a raincheck thanks :eek:

Another way to look at it would be to enquire what right they have to preach to us - or to anyone :confused: Blind Freddy could predict that they'll be on exemplary behaviour .. that's their job description for chrissake.

I'm reminded of a case I read about where an American accused of killing his father was sentenced to "go out into the world as a missionary, and spread "the word of God" for a couple of years."
Whatta loada ...;)
They were not pushing any spiritual guidance and accepted my refusal to talk about God stuff. Frankly, I don't think that Blind Freddy or anyone else would have considered their job description to be doing physical yard work for someone they don't know.
I've made it clear in this thread that I am anti religion, but I do believe in giving credit where it's due. I haven't seen you having a go at all the other prosletyzers who roll up at the door, but perhaps I've missed it amongst some of your lengthy posts which I've skipped.

They were not pushing any spiritual guidance and accepted my refusal to talk about God stuff. Frankly, I don't think that Blind Freddy or anyone else would have considered their job description to be doing physical yard work for someone they don't know.
I've made it clear in this thread that I am anti religion, but I do believe in giving credit where it's due. I haven't seen you having a go at all the other prosletyzers who roll up at the door, but perhaps I've missed it amongst some of your lengthy posts which I've skipped.
Hi Julia,

Speaking about people who roll up at the door, I have nothing against religion, but I get annoyed at the Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses mobs who keep on knocking at my door early in the morning on the weekends carrying on about religion. At least once a month they seem to be coming over. Despite being polite to them and telling them "No thanks" etc, they often don't seem to get it and continue preaching. Just very annoying indeed. On top of the "Do not call" register maybe the govt needs to nitroduce a "Do not knock" register.

ok , lol - I'll make this one brief (er), and people can research the details themselves - if 'n you're interested I guess. (I thought the idea was to share research around here )
For the other point about skipping posts , I'll adopt the philosphy of Nelson, and put the telescope to my blind eye. :pirate:
Or maybe I'll think like Schweitzer, who was not only an Alsation, but a real terrier as well. :viking:

Scheitzer:- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Schweitzer
Albert Schweitzer, M.D., OM, (January 14, 1875 - September 4, 1965), was an Alsatian theologian, musician, philosopher, and physician.

He was born in Kaisersberg, Alsace-Lorraine (at that time part of the German Empire). After the Allies' victory in 1918, he asked for French nationality according to his Alsacian ancestries, and got it without trouble. ..... He received the 1952 Nobel Peace Prize in 1953 for his philosophy of "reverence for life" expressed in many ways but most famously in founding and sustaining the Lambaréné Hospital in Gabon, west central Africa
references to turning pages unread is pure co-incidence :(
Schweitzer considered his work as a medical missionary in Africa to be his response to Jesus' call to become "fishers of men" but also as a small recompense for the historic guilt of European colonizers: "Who can describe the injustice and cruelties that in the course of centuries they [the coloured peoples] have suffered at the hands of Europeans? . . . If a record could be compiled of all that has happened between the white and the coloured races, it would make a book containing numbers of pages which the reader would have to turn over unread because their contents would be too horrible."
Finally back on thread :) :-
Philosophy . Schweitzer's worldview was based on his idea of reverence for life ("Ehrfurcht vor dem Leben"), which he believed to be his greatest single contribution to humankind. His view was that Western civilization was in decay because of gradually abandoning its ethical foundations - those of affirmation of life.

It was his firm conviction that the respect for life is the highest principle. .... Friedrich Nietzsche, Russian Leo Tolstoy.... Some people in his days compared his philosophy with that of Francis of Assisi, a comparison he did not object to. In his book Philosophy of Civilisation , he wrote:

True philosophy must start from the most immediate and comprehensive fact of consciousness: 'I am life that wants to live, in the midst of life that wants to live'.

Life and love in his view are based on, and follow out of the same principle: respect for every manifestation of Life, and a personal, spiritual relationship towards the universe. Ethics, according to Schweitzer, consists in the compulsion to show toward the will-to-live of each and every being the same reverence as one does to one's own.
The will to live is naturally both parasitic and antagonistic towards other forms of life. Only in the thinking being has the will to live become conscious of other will to live, and desirous of solidarity with it.
Finally a (THEORETICAL / Potential) difference between man and apes - with our better brain, we SHOULD have the potential to reason that harmony with nature is better than war with it and each other :( Question is are we any better than apes? - some would say we are worse : 2twocents
... The historical Enlightenment waned and corrupted itself, Schweitzer held, because it has not been well enough grounded in thought, but compulsively followed the ethical will-to-live. Hence, he looked forward to a renewed and more profound Renaissance and Enlightenment of humanity (a view he expressed in the epilogue of his autobiography, Out of My Life and Thought). Albert Schweitzer nourished hope in a humankind that is more profoundly aware of its position in the Universe. His optimism was based in "belief in truth". "The spirit generated by [conceiving of] truth is greater than the force of circumstances." He persistently emphasized the necessity to think, rather than merely acting on basis of passing impulses or by following the most widespread opinions.

Never for a moment do we lay aside our mistrust of the ideals established by society, and of the convictions which are kept by it in circulation. We always know that society is full of folly and will deceive us in the matter of humanity. [...] humanity meaning consideration for the existence and the happiness of individual human beings.

Respect for life, resulting from contemplation on one's own conscious will to live, leads the individual to live in the service of other people and of every living creature. Schweitzer was much respected for putting his theory into practice in his own life.
here's one for pet lovers - probably a Gabon lion cub in his case
He was, for instance, a well-known cat lover, who, although left-handed, would write with his right hand rather than disturb the cat who would sleep on his left arm.
PS I share his opinion concerning "a mistrust of the ideals established by society" - but as for the rest, I have little or nothing in common with him - hate cats for a start :1 onecent : )

If Schweitzer "persistently emphasized the necessity to think,"
yet didn't want to "disturb the cat who would sleep on his left arm".

why didn't he just:-
a) train the cat to sleep the other way
b) put a mirror up to fool the stupid cat between left and right
c) just get a right handed cat
d) kick the cat off onto a pillow
e) get a dog, which everyone knows has higher ethical standards than a cat - and would unselfishly and happily coil up at his feet, awaiting any hint that his master needed help so that he could try to oblige :2twocents

kackepieksen.gif
argue.gif

Oops looks like I've picked a fight with Mofra for a start lol (and my wife, and my mother in law and... ;))

Hi Julia,

Speaking about people who roll up at the door, I have nothing against religion, but I get annoyed at the Mormons and Jehovah Witnesses mobs who keep on knocking at my door early in the morning on the weekends carrying on about religion. At least once a month they seem to be coming over. Despite being polite to them and telling them "No thanks" etc, they often don't seem to get it and continue preaching. Just very annoying indeed. On top of the "Do not call" register maybe the govt needs to nitroduce a "Do not knock" register.

Hi Greggy,

I couldn't agree more. I'd rush to sign also. I'm not sure why my comments about the two young Mormons actually doing something instead of just pushing their religion has been interpreted as my being OK with prosletyzing religious groups. I particularly dislike the Jehovah's Witnesses for the way they cart little kids around with them. They call in this area very frequently. I never answer the door. The dog soon dispatches them.

FISHERS OF MEN
If you're introduced to God, with a knowing wink and nod, by a man who comes a-kinocking at your door,
tell him you might look like bream, but the question marks on him, and his brain is undersized against the law.

Ask him what for and since when, is he fishermen of men, why this foreign lead invasion that one finds
makes religion so darned modern, with their just dead saints and god 'n then proceed to pitch their nets for flathead minds.

As for literal takes of Bible, quotes that largely leave you liable to a challenge that your science is suspicious,
I am more inclined to cry than accept the reasons why such sad science should be nets for human fishes.

If I need help from "My Sire" why on earth would I require, the services of latter day Americans :confused:
While I personally aspire to be just as high or higher, on the ladder of the latter day Aus- larrikins.:2twocents

PS Julia
- that's twice you've made me look up dictionary.com for "proselytizing" ;) - I guess I took you on on that point, because I see it as irrelevant since they have nothing to do but be nice to people. I accept that you were above coercion on that point (unproselytizeable ?). I have (American) friends who are Mormons. Good people, - just that I find it proves Xenophanes to a "tee" when they have to invent an intermediary to God who is American born, rather than some 2000 year old Jew. And you have to admit that "god" is "big business" in USA these days - and (if you believe Gallop polls) it's at the expense of knowledge :2twocents

oops 9.30 ABC sunday night Dawkins (not SBS doh) Root of All Evil? : The God Delusion Duration: 53 minutes Rating: PG Documentary

(and comedy on SBS at 11.15pm)

and 9.30 monday night with Andrew Denton

FISHERS OF MEN

PS Julia
- that's twice you've made me look up dictionary.com for "proselytizing" ;) - I guess I took you on on that point, because I see it as irrelevant since they have nothing to do but be nice to people. I accept that you were above coercion on that point (unproselytizeable ?). I have (American) friends who are Mormons. Good people, - just that I find it proves Xenophanes to a "tee" when they have to invent an intermediary to God who is American born, rather than some 2000 year old Jew. And you have to admit that "god" is "big business" in USA these days - and (if you believe Gallop polls) it's at the expense of knowledge :2twocents
2020: I have zero interest in their religious beliefs. Such beliefs had absolutely nothing to do with my post. All I was attempting to say (and now rather wish I had just shut up) was that for once I had the experience of these religious types actually doing something useful instead of just making a nuisance of themselves.

At the time I couldn't have cared less what they believed in. I was simply grateful for the help. End of story.

ok I apologise - anyone would think I never said anything that could be taken to be irrelevant ;)

Here's something I found on ABC website:-
the sentence I like is in bold. (woops sentences plural :)

That we have evolved from a stupid little 1 cell thing to "thinking beings who can sit back and reflect on the meaning of it all." - and do so on computers communicating through the ether via invisible wiggley things ;)

(also) if gravity had been different , or if some sets of atoms had not been such a cosy fit together, then life (or at least thinking things) would not have been possible-

life's bludy amazing, aint it ?

http://www.abc.net.au/science/bigquestions/s460742.htm
In Conversation with Paul Davies and Phillip Adams

Phillip: Throughout our discussions here in the desert, Paul Davies and I have marvelled over the subtlety and beauty of nature. We’ve puzzled over the paradoxes of existence. We’ve celebrated the magic of the cosmos. But whereas we may agree on the scientific facts, we differ sharply on their interpretation. Paul has written several books on the metaphysical implications of science, but does the god that physicists talk about – and they often seem to – bear the slightest resemblance to the popular notions of a god I long ago rejected? And where does science stop and faith begin?

Science versus faith, Paul, faith versus science. Is it not true that in a very profound sense science is a faith?

Paul:..........There are a number of special features when you look at it. The first thing concerns a topic we discussed earlier: that the laws of nature – the laws of physics – seem to be remarkably felicitous in the way they encourage matter and energy to become ever-more complex. These laws enable the universe to evolve from the featureless origins of the big bang to the richness and diversity we see today, including systems such as living organisms and thinking beings who can sit back and reflect on the meaning of it all.
.........There are a number of other ways as well. Imagine playing the role of a deity, with a shopping list of laws in front of you, and you can pick from this long list of possible laws. Some laws are totally different from those in our universe – the real universe. Maybe there are also laws on the list that are very similar to, but not quite the same as, our own. Suppose you could twiddle a few knobs – to use a different analogy – and change a few features of the laws we know and love; that is, pick similar but slightly different laws from the list. I’m not talking here about moving physical objects around. I’m referring to such things as changing the strength of gravity, say, or the masses of some of the subatomic particles. A mathematical study very soon shows that if you were to change the present arrangement of things by very much, then the existence of complex structures, in particular of sentient beings, would almost certainly be impossible. In other words, unless the laws of physics had a form very similar to the actual laws, there would probably be no thinking beings in the universe to reflect on the matter. So it does seem there are a number of aspects in which the particular set of laws that apply to this actual universe are really rather special.

and personally I still find that dumb caterpillar to be amazingly clever :2twocents
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWOC8trquFo BBC Worldwide: Attenborough - Caterpillars

The biggest problem with believing in a god is that the teachers aren`t open to new possibilities.The same story over and over (some variations) for centuries or thousands of years.Any facts of the universes history is all considered lies and propaganda , the work of the devil.According to revelations.

When the complex life becomes to intense, and our frustrations on earth rise to high level, we as men of all ages speculate about the end. We're living in such a time. Good people are investing enormous energy in many ways on prophecy, and on predictions of the immediate end of the world.

Revelation Chapter 20 is central to the millennial controversy, and is perhaps the most disputed text in the Bible. This is the crucial paragraph. "And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key to the bottomless pit, and a great chain in his hand, and he laid hold on the old dragon, that old serpent, which is the devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, and cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him that he would deceive the nations no more, until the thousand years should be fulfilled, after that he must be loosed a little season. And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgement was given to them, and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon his foreheads or in their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. But the rest of the dead lived not again, until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. Blessed and holy is he that has part in the first resurrection. On such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.' Revelation 20:1-6.

Teachings like this from the said St. John The Divine are hard to wrap the ol` noggin around.Dragons are creatures from myth , "And that no man might buy or sell , save "(did someone leave the L out of save)" he that had the mark , or the number of his name"....

now six hundred , three score and six is not found on anyone at birth and only some toolbags get it tattooed.So what gives.Thousands of years come and go and all the interpretation/connections that small mind can come up with will come and go.I just don`t like seeing people with blind faith.

Reality needs a good shake up for mine.

How`s the `ol nostradamus view , talk about enlightenment :rolleyes:

Maybe Dr.? See-ven see little or he or she has already been intro-fracted.lol.

1000 YEARS - THE MILLENNIUM

Following are references in Alahoy Books to the 1000 YEARS - the Millennium - as mentioned in the Bible!

Archangel Gabriel!
"Heaven will envelop the millennium and the millennial light shall rule for 1000 years of peace and tranquility."

Nostradamus!
".......upon the final purification of the millennial light into the millennial time of 1000 years of peace, there will be no need for human beings to come back and to regenerate and generate the way they are now. Once the higher enlightenment is reached, the only ones that will come back to this earth will be the ones who are highly enlightened."

Dr See-ven!
"It is very important at this time that the human structure of the cell composure of each one of your bodies is in, what we call, intro-fraction. This means that the pressure that is reversed in the cell structures is going to completely stop the chronological decay of the human body. Therefore, you will go into, what we call, a complete revamping of the DNA in your body that will allow a continuous flow in the electro-magnetic field structures of your cells of continuous rebirthing. What is actually happening then, you are totally in embryo. This gives you the constancy of the transformation of the total potential of this energy from the electro-magnetic cell, from the black hole, from the interaction on the Earth. It also gives you the rebirthing of, what we call, or what your biblical term says, the changing of the new body. When this force field is completely reversed, when the black hole goes into suspended animation in the year 2001, your rebirthing of cells will be in enormous capacity. This will continually preserve the chronological decay into, what we call, a suspended animation. So you are going to be able to preserve this body until 1000 years when the Earth will again go through a change of a reverse propulsion of a black hole. This will come from the Northern Hemisphere instead of attracting, like it did, this way through the Southern Hemisphere."

Dr See-ven
"The stabilization of Mother Earth and especially of its core, is the first primary factor that is affected. This will stabilize, not only the tectonic plates, but will stabilize the entire Earth for the period of 1000 years of the Golden Age where you have a complete change due to the millennial light that will affect mankind."

Princess Osanta!
"The significant changes then of those who will come from these pocket areas later, after the big Battle of Armageddon, will be responsible to repopulate and to get the seed again into the great 1000 years of, what we call, feasting on this Earth."

Appolonius!
"This is what the human consciousness has to do in order for it to reach a millennium. This means a completeness in thinking and the resolution where you allow the reflection to go quickly to the spirit which gives you 1000 years on this Earth of peaceful co-existence."

Valiant Thor from Venus!
"Great changes will take place from the year 2000 to the year 2007 and to the year 2011. You will be getting the final segment of ascension from the years 2011 to 2022. On each segment one master number of eleven will thereafter set the stage proper. "The body will last, in this case, 1000 years as foreseen as the millennium. The millennial light is the guidance of knowledge that takes you into and through all of these stages of interdimensionality to arrive to a superconscious state."

Dr Wah!
"A lot of you will be here to go into, what we call, that 1000 years of change. So when you go into the fifth dimension, you will be recharging your energy field constantly. Upon recharging the chromosomes and the DNA you will constantly build it up into, what we call, its higher elevation. So there is no deterioration. You will live to a span of 1000 years of longevity without deterioration. During this time, you will come into a very strong understanding of the God Consciousness."

Grand Space Commander Stanton!
"A millennial light is an infusion of a massive amount of these good thoughts that come together in, what we call, fission. And the fission is important for stabilization of, what we call, the life form of stability for any planet. So the thought patterns, at this time, are being into their negative form, as you see, the activities of the people on this Earth. Gradually, through the fission that will be coming from the light, which we classify as a millennial light, is the gathering of the flock of conscious change into one millennial time frame of 1000 years."

Grand Commander Lae
"It is so glorious that maybe some of you will not come back to, what we call, Terra, or Earth, to spend that 1000 years in the Golden Age. You will have your wings as mentioned in your biblical book. You will have the strength of the wings of eagles.

"When you have this strength and when you reach out and you flow into these dimensions of the beauty, testing your wings, you will not really want to come back. Each one of you will go into, what we call, your intermolecular space, as the same as the ley lining here on Earth."

And there we have it! The definitive answer from THE authority! :rolleyes:

Well said Wayne, quote ~ & there we have it, the definitive answer :-- :)

There is no God

Yep Snake I'm with you !

Just think about the impossibity of god being created from nothing in the first place.

Bobby.

There is NO GOD.

Observing people actions and words over many years for 'morals, care and giving'. Leaves alot to be said for those who are religious or believe in God. Practice what you preach - I think the biggest one is the Church of Hypocrisy.

Personal but one exmaple - ex remarried a Jehovah's Witnesses and the week he did the child support stopped! Didn't keep up any contact with his own blood either. That was 9 years ago. He did the "I have no money" call - Though a PI and criminal lawyer found him to have major assests, his own business. His wife running the company and paying his salary $17K per annum - LOL. I was paid $21.56 a month since that time, and most of it not on time - not alot child support will do. Raising 2 very bright children (one with autism. He is now doing his HSC and that is from alot of patience, love and giving). If it doesn't break you it will make you stronger and realistic.

"I particularly dislike the Jehovah's Witnesses for the way they cart little kids around with them." quoted from Julia

Yes he did this on his one monthly access visit - great one on one time.

I manage to do Meals on Wheels, the youngest one on the team, a driver and they constantly need drivers. I glad I'm the driver and not my assistant who is 86 years, no offence but we get it done faster. My children do their own voluntary work with animals, it has made them into beautiful whole people.

I am against the mandatory requirements of religious studies at HSC level in so called religious schools - When you have a child wishing to study medicine I find the RE units irrelevant. Even with alternative schooling - they push RE once a week - in non-scripture they put a teacher in charge who hands out sheets on RE for studies, so with strong words to the principle, I put my daughter in the library, she is happy.

Why can't they just teach the kids basics on ethics, care and giving?

“What really interests me is whether God had any choice in the creation of the world.”
Albert Einstein

I want to know how God created this world. I am not interested in this or that phenomenon, in the spectrum of this or that element. I want to know His thoughts; the rest are details.”
Albert Einstein

Pure coco... constructive practicality is a lame duck in religious circles and thankyou for bringing this fact to attention.

I am against the mandatory requirements of religious studies at HSC level in so called religious schools - When you have a child wishing to study medicine I find the RE units irrelevant. Even with alternative schooling - they push RE once a week - in non-scripture they put a teacher in charge who hands out sheets on RE for studies, so with strong words to the principle, I put my daughter in the library, she is happy.

Why can't they just teach the kids basics on ethics, care and giving?

Yes , it should be an option.When I went to school R.E. was compulsory too.

BUT...The decision should be made between the parent and student.For as I have stated earlier,religion has a place in societies order too.