Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Inflation

I think over9k was right in saying its to inflate debt away. It's the only thing that makes sense in flooding migrants and boosting housing.

Net zero is just not going to happen with current debt levels and the government's of the world know that.

LOL

well the Germans killed their own energy supplies , shut down nuclear power plants , and the smart ones don't want to build tanks in Ukraine ( for some reason )

maybe they hope the Chinese won't invade Australia before Russia returns to liberate East Germany from Communist rule

Yep, looking like a slaughter.

And none of it is going to do a single thing to fix the supply side at all.

Yep, looking like a slaughter.

And none of it is going to do a single thing to fix the supply side at all.
all good here , i am a shameless cheap-skate , i will happily buy sub $1 stocks all day ( like i did in 2011 and 2012)

37643567586568568568.jpg345347537635673567.jpg345734737356356356.jpg

As you can see, U.S markets have miles to run before wiping their gains out yet. Aus markets meanwhile have just 2% more before the last 3 years is gone (almost to the day) and about 7.5% before nearly 5 years' worth is gone.

Not-so-curiously, what isn't happening is commodities like oil falling off a cliff in tandem with markets and employment numbers:

34534573457347.jpg

Unlike in previous recessions (covid comes to mind) where things like oil prices plummeted because demand went after economic activity went, the thing to keep an eye on here is how much markets and economies go to hell but commodity prices don't. That tells you how much of it is a supply side driven phenomenon, not a demand one.

Point is, you'd normally expect to see prices (inflation) plummet in a recession that's come about from too much demand then being brought back into line through rate rises, but if that demand's been squeezed by a rise in prices (a supply reduction) then you're not going to see a corresponding drop in things like food, fuel, council rates etc along with your increased unemployment/reduction in income.

So let's for a moment assume things get ugly economically. See if your bills drop in tandem.

If they don't, stagflation has arrived.

And I just got this email from australia post:

245632457643275457.jpg

Funny how few people actually engage with this "green energy carbon neutral" stuff when it's their money that has to pay for it isn't it?

Environmentalism is a luxury of the rich. If you think things are bad now, imagine if the left wing loons really gain control. If they had their way most energy production would basically be illegal.

And I just got this email from australia post:

View attachment 182073

Funny how few people actually engage with this "green energy carbon neutral" stuff when it's their money that has to pay for it isn't it?

Environmentalism is a luxury of the rich. If you think things are bad now, imagine if the left wing loons really gain control. If they had their way most energy production would basically be illegal.

Environmental is also a convenient excuse for stimulus.
It's easier to sell the message that future generations will have a larger debt because the current generation have spent it to try a d guarantee the future's existence.

TBH I don't really understand this as the Germans run rings around us in manufacturing basically anything.
Germany is becoming more expensive than us, on a currency basis and they are importing more and more energy, as they close down their nuclear plants, yet they rely on industry to support their economy. Go figure, woke $hit.

It's hard to reconcile all the downside, when you are competing in a first world manufacturing market, with a developing country that just keeps on keeping on and is in control of the value of its currency. ;)

Our problems are miniscule compared to the EU, China isn't taking refugees from everywhere and neither is Japan, they aren't that stupid.

Didn't the German head of State, that closed down the nuclear power stations, also leave recently?

Seems like a lot of own goals are happening, in the name of improving things.

How Germany can remain competitive against China is anyone's guess, there will be niche products like Porsche that will be ok, but generally most are toast, because they didn't have a plan B.

Simple really, take the moral high ground and die at the cross, or take the Chinese path and say yes we will do it, when it fits in with us.

We will all be tragedies, on the hill to utopia, unless we get our $hit together and get everyone to the table.🤣

The big question on the front page will be, "how the fck did this happen" 🥳

Anyway, on the subject of inflation, I think it will go to the back page of the news, sometime in the next 12 months. ;)

IMO someone needs to tell Albo, to get the fck up to South Korea and get a battery manufacturing plant here, before we all start wanting a voice to parliament. :xyxthumbs

Last edited:
that was then , now they are the champions of self-defeat , it will be interesting to see if the rest of the EU follows it down the plug-hole
As people like me, who have ridden motor bikes all my life say, long distance riders end up on BMW's.

Long lasting, easy maintenance, dry clutch, separate gearbox so you can run dedicated oils, car alternator rather than run in the oil alternator.

Simple, easy to understand, better engineering, better product, pay more, who gives a fck it will get you around Australia 10 times, without a problem.

Now the problem is, the young don't care, they wont ride around Australia, they will play on their play station and maybe they will actually know someone that wanted to, but I don't think did, but I'm not sure went around Australia.

So who is going to buy the BMW? I would love to, but after two knees, a hip and a really bad fracture under one of the knees, yeh naah.

Unless the West get this climate change happening on a level playing field, the East will become the West and the West will become the East and greed caused it.

It just has to be reigned in and find a point of equilibrium IMO.