Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Inflation

Minutes from the RBA’s July meeting reveals while the board agreed “some further tightening of monetary policy may be required” in the months ahead to bring inflation under control, more data on inflation and the economy was needed to ensure the central bank didn’t go too far.

The board concluded that the full effect of 12 rate hikes since last May had yet to be felt by Australians and there was a risk output growth could slow by “more than expected”, triggering a potentially catastrophic set of events.

The RBA board also said "mortgage payments had already increased to a “historical peak” of 9.4% of household income."

P.S. Reckon it's more like 30%+ or higher of household income on mortgage & rent imo

Minutes from the RBA’s July meeting reveals while the board agreed “some further tightening of monetary policy may be required” in the months ahead to bring inflation under control, more data on inflation and the economy was needed to ensure the central bank didn’t go too far.

The board concluded that the full effect of 12 rate hikes since last May had yet to be felt by Australians and there was a risk output growth could slow by “more than expected”, triggering a potentially catastrophic set of events.

The RBA board also said "mortgage payments had already increased to a “historical peak” of 9.4% of household income."

P.S. Reckon it's more like 30%+ or higher of household income on mortgage & rent imo

Gee, I would love to live in their stratosphere world.
Well polished backsides and seeminly over generous salary.
How about joining the real world to see how the peasants try to survive.

Oh joy of joys. Received my rates notice today and the UV has decreased! The result is the average over five years is less than it could have been had there been no change to the UV and my monthly direct debit has increase by............................

.............wait for it..................

0.94%.

Oh joy of joys. Received my rates notice today and the UV has decreased! The result is the average over five years is less than it could have been had there been no change to the UV and my monthly direct debit has increase by............................

.............wait for it..................

0.94%.
Gee Belli your Shire isn't slow off the mark with the rates notice

Time to look for longer term bargains.
More doom and gloom than optimism
The worm is turning the pendulum is about to pull up and turn the other way.
Inflation is pulling up
China has pulled up
Look carefully for future companies that will benefit long term.

Inflation is pulling up
China has pulled up
It might be a "climbing the wall of worry" scenario.

All the professionals are super bearish...

... That is bullish.

Inflation is pulling up
China has pulled up
Has been my thinking for a few weeks now, thus entries on BOQ and KSL a few weeks ago.
A very different kind of pace for me.
ABC on que

Has been my thinking for a few weeks now, thus entries on BOQ and KSL a few weeks ago.
A very different kind of pace for me.
ABC on que
That article isn't so accurate, oil is tending upwards, Saudi has annouched it will reduce oil production and Russia reduced exports and planning on using it for their local domestic market. As for the Australian fuel price look at the chart below and not to mention how high residential rent is Australia also.

1689774492541.png

1689774636255.png

Earnings for TSLA, NFLX and IBM out. Latter two disappoint with poor outlook. TSLA reports likely reduced production in next quarter with narrower margins.

Earnings for TSLA, NFLX and IBM out. Latter two disappoint with poor outlook. TSLA reports likely reduced production in next quarter with narrower margins.
Yep, growth futures now deep into the red.

Meanwhile, looks like things might be about to get ugly in the black sea.

Yep, growth futures now deep into the red.

Meanwhile, looks like things might be about to get ugly in the black sea.
is this the turning point?

Crude up 10% compared to last month. Wheat futures up almost 10%.

Core CPI has remained flat but surely headline CPI will print higher if food and energy continue up. Central bankers will have to keep hiking given the narrative of IR hikes combating inflation.
Meanwhile company profits and outlook drops off. New job ads have already started to fall...

Hiking into a recession?

is this the turning point?

Crude up 10% compared to last month. Wheat futures up almost 10%.

Core CPI has remained flat but surely headline CPI will print higher if food and energy continue up. Central bankers will have to keep hiking given the narrative of IR hikes combating inflation.
Meanwhile company profits and outlook drops off. New job ads have already started to fall...

Hiking into a recession?
BOIL now well & truly on the move too. I've added a small topup.

Edit: Growth plays finally getting pummeled as well/at the same time. Agree about this might be the tipping point. Might.