Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Inflation

Car insurances: 2 in the 10 to 15% increases while that the agreed value of the cars is actually going down....
And a 30% or so jump for the insurance on a third..younger driver..the son
We will not renew that one..
Younger driver has now more than 6 year of driving with no claim in Brisbane....
Racq...he moved to another provider and saved a bunch of $.
There is still competition

Car insurances: 2 in the 10 to 15% increases while that the agreed value of the cars is actually going down....
And a 30% or so jump for the insurance on a third..younger driver..the son
We will not renew that one..
Younger driver has now more than 6 year of driving with no claim in Brisbane....
Racq...he moved to another provider and saved a bunch of $.
There is still competition
I generally find that the introductory premium is very good, then the renewal gets a huge increase, IMO it is always worth shopping around and provider surfing.
Insurers don't have a lot of loyalty to existing customers, the door swings both ways, customers don't have a lot of loyalty to them.. :xyxthumbs

“We are not seeing orders slowing. I’m more worried about inflationary elements which are coming our way”
-Vik Bansal, CEO, Boral Ltd

“We are not seeing orders slowing. I’m more worried about inflationary elements which are coming our way”
-Vik Bansal, CEO, Boral Ltd
BLD has been a bit of a train-wreck in recent years

i held BLD between July 2011 ( bought @ $4.05 ) and August 2017 ( exited @ $7.02 )

potential change is SVW moves to take 100% control

rising costs absolutely , but unless they plan to go on the acquisition trail i don't see how $$$ revenue can stay steady ( logic would say some customers will face bankruptcy in the coming six months )

Oooh boy, looking like a slaughter tonight lads. I'm about 60% cash at the moment so the buy orders are waiting.

Oil's up 2-3% just on the day while NDX futures are 1.2 into the red too ;)

Oh goody, I'll buy some more Tesla at $113 :)
Yeah I'm kicking myself for not getting some FNGU about a month ago but there was nothing to suggest we'd seen a bottom yet so gotta take the bitter with the better.

I got some a couple weeks back at about $71 and rebought at 91 before it clipped 96 a few days later so that's a pretty sweet taking in just a few days.

Certainly not deploying all my cash today though, I've got some pretty lowball offers in to deploy about 1/3rd of it so we'll see how things go.

Still holding/buying/rebuying NRGU however ;)

Yeah I'm kicking myself for not getting some FNGU about a month ago but there was nothing to suggest we'd seen a bottom yet so gotta take the bitter with the better.

I got some a couple weeks back at about $71 and rebought at 91 before it clipped 96 a few days later so that's a pretty sweet taking in just a few days.

Certainly not deploying all my cash today though, I've got some pretty lowball offers in to deploy about 1/3rd of it so we'll see how things go.

Still holding/buying/rebuying NRGU however ;)

Yes, I took what I thought was a gamble & shat myself buying TSLA at the price mentioned, feared that the bottom was still a long was still coming and the end was nigh. Didn't tell my wife, but I also didn't take more bites from the apple.

I generally find that the introductory premium is very good, then the renewal gets a huge increase, IMO it is always worth shopping around and provider surfing.
Insurers don't have a lot of loyalty to existing customers, the door swings both ways, customers don't have a lot of loyalty to them.. :xyxthumbs
Though I have a distinct dislike for insurance companies as whole, the mob we have a general farm insurance with is generally not too bad. Just renewed for another year with a $400 increase over a raft of things we insure. So going on that generally happy. On the other hand, when I sustained the serious injuries 3 years it was a dreadful bun fight to get what I was insured for. The threat of legal action that I was prepared to instigate I feel was one of the reasons that the masterful personality "common sense" prevailed. in my favour.

Well the US did shoot down another UFO...
Maybe the winds been knocked out of the hopium rally too
Grabbed some FNGU and SOXL as degen plays. CPI data's out on tuesday and whether it's high or low it never goes well for NRGU because it's either low (because the oil price/demand is down) or it's high (and the fed pumps rates in response so p/e gets hammered).

Got a fair bit of cash ready to deploy in response to either.

Grabbed some FNGU and SOXL as degen plays. CPI data's out on tuesday and whether it's high or low it never goes well for NRGU because it's either low (because the oil price/demand is down) or it's high (and the fed pumps rates in response so p/e gets hammered).

Got a fair bit of cash ready to deploy in response to either.
Surely we are getting to the point now where a good CPI is irrelevant? The market is already pricing in an end to fed hikes. I'd have to look into what's happened historically, unless someone's already one that....
I would think that at this point in the hiking cycle, the only relevant news would be bad news as that would force a repricing of the terminal rate.

Surely we are getting to the point now where a good CPI is irrelevant? The market is already pricing in an end to fed hikes. I'd have to look into what's happened historically, unless someone's already one that....
I would think that at this point in the hiking cycle, the only relevant news would be bad news as that would force a repricing of the terminal rate.
Which would mean that markets either stay neutral or drop no?

Neither option is a bounce.

some might suggest the CPI ( in most nations ) is irrelevant ( except to those with term deposits )

so much news is dubious , which news is worthy of any trust , international shipping data , perhaps ??