Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Full CY 2024 Stock Tipping Competition

Reactions
Welcome to the Full CY 2024 Stock Tipping Competition everyone!

I am starting this thread now so everyone can start thinking about their entries and those who would like to enter now can do so.
I'm willing to keep tabs again of all Tipster's results as best I can for 2024 but if someone else has better ideas or just wants to give it a go, please say so .... I won't be offended.

2023 was a rough year for most and returns were lower than most expected. Let's see how good the tipsters go in 2024.
Talking about 2023 I must once again thank @Sean K for his generous $1,000 donation to the Full CY 2023 year competition winner. :xyxthumbs

Now let's see how good the tipsters go in 2024.

Fortunately we do have @Sean K as our sponsor again in 2024, with an overall prize pool of $1,000. Thank you @Sean K, much appreciated. :xyxthumbs

The cash prizes are below:

1st - $500
2nd - $250
3rd - $150
Last - $100

** Just a reminder that no changes of entries are allowed during the year, so please choose carefully and with a 12 month time frame in mind. All stocks selected must be $0.10 or more at the time of entry.

The rules for the Full CY 2024 Stock Tipping Competition are as follows:
  • Each entrant must select four ASX listed stocks.
  • No stocks that are trading at less than $0.10 on the day of entry may be entered.
  • A stock must have traded at least $100,000 in value in the five trading days prior to entry to be eligible.
  • To qualify for the competition and prizes you must:
    • post in the thread of each of your entries detailing why you think the share price of each will increase in 2024.
    • at the end of each month post an update in the thread of each of your competition entries with an update such as: if your reason for picking them still exists or just a general update on how they are going.
  • If a stock is taken over it can be replaced. The exit price shall be taken to be the takeover price. The new stock must be nominated before the date the taken over stock ceases trading and the entry price of the new stock shall be taken to be the closing price on the day the taken over stock ceases trading.
  • The competition will run from Tuesday, 2 January 2024 to Tuesday, 31 December 2024.
  • Entry prices will be the price at the close of trading on Friday, 29 December 2023.
Entries are now open. Please enter at your convenience by posting your entries in this thread.

Entries will be taken up to Midnight on 1 Jan 2024 since Monday is a public holiday.

If you have any comments, feedback, or questions, please post them in this thread.

Thanks and good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:

I am starting this thread now so everyone can start thinking about their entries and those who would like to enter now can do so.
I'm willing to keep tabs again of all Tipster's results as best I can for 2024 but if someone else has better ideas or just wants to give it a go, please say so .... I won't be offended.

2023 was a rough year for most and returns were lower than most expected. Let's see how good the tipsters go in 2024.
Talking about 2023 I must once again thank @Sean K for his generous $1,000 donation to the Full CY 2023 year competition winner :xyxthumbs.

Unfortunately we have no sponsor for prize money in 2024 so it will only be for bragging rights and that's alright as most entries miss out on the cash anyway ;).

Same rules that @Joe Blow has every year:
Just a reminder that no changes of entries are allowed during the year, so please choose carefully and with a 12 month time frame in mind. All stocks selected must be $0.10 or more at the time of entry.

• No stocks that are trading at less than $0.10 on the day of entry may be entered.
  • A stock must have traded at least $100,000 in value in the five trading days prior to entry to be eligible.
  • To qualify you must also post in the thread of each of your entries detailing why you think the share price of each will increase in 2024.
  • If a stock is taken over it can be replaced. The exit price shall be taken to be the takeover price. The new stock must be nominated before the date the taken over stock ceases trading and the entry price of the new stock shall be taken to be the closing price on the day the taken over stock ceases trading.
  • The competition will run from Tuesday, 2 January 2024 to Tuesday, 31 December 2024.
  • Entry prices will be the price at the close of trading on Friday, 29 December 2023.
Entries are now open. Please enter at your convenience by posting your entries in this thread.

Entries will be taken up to Midnight on 1 Jan 2024 since Monday is a public holiday.

If you have any comments, feedback, or questions, please post them in this thread.

Thanks and good luck!
whether for bragging rights or prize-money , it will be a brave soul buying my tips after my results in 2023

but who knows maybe everybody has terrible 2024 ( but i hope not )

good luck everybody

Talking about 2023 I must once again thank @Sean K for his generous $1,000 donation to the Full CY 2023 year competition winner :xyxthumbs.

Unfortunately we have no sponsor for prize money in 2024 so it will only be for bragging rights and that's alright as most entries miss out on the cash anyway ;).

Same rules that @Joe Blow has every year:
Just a reminder that no changes of entries are allowed during the year, so please choose carefully and with a 12 month time frame in mind. All stocks selected must be $0.10 or more at the time of entry.

• To qualify you must also post in the thread of each of your entries detailing why you think the share price of each will increase in 2024.

Thanks and good luck!

I'm happy to sponsor this again but may divide it up into 1st, 2nd, 3rd placings.

Eight trading days PLUS eight holidays till entries must be in for CY24 competition.

I'll be trying something different this year; I'll be trying to win.
Yes, not long left really to get our entries in ........... Just a reminder for everyone to re-read the opening post for the Closing Date - the Cash Prizes - and The Rules, the post has been changed a little.

A stock must have traded at least $100,000 in value in the five trading days prior to entry to be eligible.

at the time i/we select and post on the stock or five trading days prior to January 2nd

just asking because some of mine are a little quiet after Christmas

cheers

at the time i/we select and post on the stock or five trading days prior to January 2nd

just asking because some of mine are a little quiet after Christmas

cheers
Yes at the time of entry ......... naturally if you enter on New Year's Eve Weekend some stocks will be lightly traded before that so be aware.

if all else fails, read the instructions
...and I just have. Rather onerous, this condition:
  • at the end of each month post an update in the thread of each of your competition entries with an update such as: if your reason for picking them still exists or just a general update on how they are going.
Aren't we allowed to take holidays? Just checked and this condition didn't apply for CY 2023 ... although I think some form of revisit is a good idea.

with a selection of blue chips + one oiler looking to take out 2023, and the spectacular failure, apart from @Miner , of the usual suspects - explorers and tech - to collectively dazzle, I think my 2024 selection will be a selection of small cap growth stocks (that should pay dividends) that have an environmental and tech approach. Most are newcomers to the ASX, having listed over the last few years

IPG
EGL
LGI
DUG

Thanks debtfree and of course Sean

Last edited:
...and I just have. Rather onerous, this condition:
Aren't we allowed to take holidays? Just checked and this condition didn't apply for CY 2023 ... although I think some form of revisit is a good idea.
Holidays, what is that ;)? Just update before you go and submit your traveling certificate/documentation before you go DF :roflmao::roflmao:.

ASF must survive and the only way that is going to happen is with a lot more posts and ideas. Yes I know you are doing your bit for sure DF and I know it's appreciated big time.

df, note how divs4 and I have increased your workload by selecting dividend paying stocks.

... and re the above, will there be a friendly monthly reminder? to Poste Restante, perhaps?

df, note how divs4 and I have increased your workload by selecting dividend paying stocks.

... and re the above, will there be a friendly monthly reminder? to Poste Restante, perhaps?
Hopefully we don't have to go chasing individuals for their updates towards the end of each month in their 4 threads but I'm sure @Sean K will be checking to make sure he gets his monies worth and fair enough.