Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Warren is of course referring to investing when he says
"..the stock market is there to serve you, not to instruct you.."

i found the more i moved away from investing the more time i had to spend being instructed
and all the people around me were also under instruction, only, they didnt (and still dont) think so

disparity - an amazing thing

Looking back at the historical 'Investor Calander' I am trying to work out the exact dates of results, dividend declaration and XD dates.
I have looked at the FMG website and found .....

30th. August Full Year Results.

Last year it seems that the dividend was declared before the FY results came out. Is that possible ?

Does anyone know
1) What date the dividend declared ? Is it in the FY results or before ?
2) What is the XD date ? Is it known already ?

Doing some research it seems that these dates are not clear.

Apparantly Bell Port estimated (in May) that FMG total dividend could be $4.04. Having already paid $1.47, this may suggest the August dividend could be as high as $2.57.

Thanks
Gunnerguy.
(Working out how high/low above/below the current FMG price I should buy/sell my puts/calls in relateion to the dividend and XD dates).

Anythings possible, but its very unlikely. Last year it was announced on the same day (24 August) as the FY results and that is the norm.

The XD date should be the 6th of September (one week after announcement).

Looking back at the historical 'Investor Calander' I am trying to work out the exact dates of results, dividend declaration and XD dates.
I have looked at the FMG website and found .....

30th. August Full Year Results.

Last year it seems that the dividend was declared before the FY results came out. Is that possible ?

Does anyone know
1) What date the dividend declared ? Is it in the FY results or before ?
2) What is the XD date ? Is it known already ?

Doing some research it seems that these dates are not clear.

Apparantly Bell Port estimated (in May) that FMG total dividend could be $4.04. Having already paid $1.47, this may suggest the August dividend could be as high as $2.57.

Thanks
Gunnerguy.
(Working out how high/low above/below the current FMG price I should buy/sell my puts/calls in relateion to the dividend and XD dates).
Look under the investor section, they have a list of future “key dates”

@Value Collector
Thanks, I have looked but it only has the FY results on 30th August.
I’m looking for dividend announcement and XD dates. I can’t see these dates there.
Gunnerguy
The dividend will be announced with the FY results. And it will go ex dividend shortly after that.

If this is part of your options planning, I think you can safely assume that August options will expire before the EX Div date, and September will expire After the EX Div date.

The dividend will be announced with the FY results. And it will go ex dividend shortly after that.

If this is part of your options planning, I think you can safely assume that August options will expire before the EX Div date, and September will expire After the EX Div date.
@Value Collector
Thanks. That’s exactly what I’m thinking.
I was just hoping to see if there were any official published dates, but seems not.
Gunnerguy

Q4 Production report released

Highlights:

*Record iron ore shipments of 49.3 million tonnes (mt) for the quarter and 182.2mt for FY21, exceeding guidance of 182mt
*Record average revenue of US$168/dry metric tonne (dmt) for the quarter, realising 84 per cent of the average Platts 62% CFR Index, and US$135/dmt forFY21
*C1 cost for Q4 FY21 of US$15.23/wet metric tonne (wmt), two per cent higher than the previous quarter, with C1 cost for FY21 of US$13.93/wmt inline with guidance

--

Really good results, was slightly worried about shipments coming in under guidance (Platts suggested they would miss guidance at 174mt!). The dip in realised price is a bit disappointing, but cost control was very good compared to RIO.

The market should react positively this morning. The overnight lead-in for the miners was quite strong.

Its a decent position for me with ~ 100 long call options.

--

Really good results, was slightly worried about shipments coming in under guidance (Platts suggested they would miss guidance at 174mt!). The dip in realised price is a bit disappointing, but cost control was very good compared to RIO.

I don't think they were in danger of missing guidance, and especially not coming in anywhere near a production rate of 174mt because they are now mining at the eliwana mine site, while they are also still mining at the fire tail mine which eliwana was meant to be replacing.

While Eliwana was under construction, they ended up finding more deposits near by fire tail mine, so they are going to be double dipping for a while.

An absolute astonishing day in the Gunnerguy household today. Ms. Gunnerguy (as advised and actioned by her financial advisor,me) bought a large stake in FMG at 26.40 at 10.20am in order to gain from the exhuberant XD predictions for next month.
As a hedge Mr.Gunnerguy bought an equivalent amount of 25.5 September puts hoping to gain from the possible/probable slide in the price after XD date.
These butterfly wings flapping caused a tsunami of selling resulting in a 5% fall in the stock price.

oh what a day.

Gunnerguy.
(Flapping butterfly wings DO cause tsunamis)

Does anybody know when the cut off date for the coming dividend is? Picked up a few shares today be nice if they squeezed in for the coming one
Does anybody know when the cut off date for the coming dividend is? Picked up a few shares today be nice if they squeezed in for the coming one
Dividend will be announced on the 30th of August, and will be ex dividend some time after that, probably about a week later.

Just be wary of the current negative sentiment on Iron Ore

RIO went ex div on 12 Aug for a $7.60 div
Closed on 11 Aug (cum div) at $129.20
Closed on 12 Aug (ex div) at 120.26 and got down to $118.00 at one point today
That $7.60 dividend is worth just under $11 including the franking credits, so that drop is pretty standard.