Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Love the FMG ride!!!

Bought in at $2.51 less than two weeks ago, and closed today at $2.98, peaking at $3.03 during the session.

Makes up for my dog stocks, like Clinical Cell Culture! ;)

I seem to be posting to myself.
Is no one else interested in the potential with FMG???

After closing yesterday at $2.88, I decided I'd accumulate more under $3.
Whoa!
Checking just before 10:30 this morning, I noticed they had spiked to $3.41.
For me, buying in at $2.51 two weeks ago, this is great news.

congratulations. you are clearly a talented investor. good luck and enjoy the ride. and remember paper profits mean little

congratulations. you are clearly a talented investor. good luck and enjoy the ride. and remember paper profits mean little

Hey sour grapes, do you really enjoy bursting other peoples balloons?

Good luck to the guy, I hope your investments have performed as well.

Geoff.

Geoff.

sour grapes for congratulating the guy? im truely happy for him. but, as i said, at this stage they are paper profits. we cant offer specific advice, but if his holdings are large or his portfolio has become overweight from the gain, then perhaps selling down and locking in some gains could be considered.

and no, unfortunately my investments havent been as successful. but im on target for my own goal. im pretty tight with my stops in both directions atm.

****Putting my Mods hat on for a moment****

This is a warning for everyone who posts in this thread. As this stock is starting to move up again and the market in general is somewhat bullish atm we are starting to get some mild ramping and low content posts - this will not be tolerated on ASF - so please think before you post.

I have already had to delete some posts on this thread tonight and as this thread has a bad history for ramping there will be no more warnings.

Thank you.

I think you'll find this is the reason the thread has been quiet and it's a fair point made. No point posting just what you bought and sold at, no one cares. What people are interested in is opinions and analysis

Most people will not post because they've had a 15% gain in a few days.

I for one think the latest price move is largely affected by the BHP and RIO deal announced today. FMG will basically be the second largest producer out of the pilbara after the JV.

Interesting trading ahead in the next week no doubt

It feels like the ramp up to 55mtPA is slow.....
but they got into production while the price was right
and now the Chinese must be looking at them closer
what is their profitability now anyway.
I always was a bull on this stock

Love the FMG ride!!!

Bought in at $2.51 less than two weeks ago, and closed today at $2.98, peaking at $3.03 during the session.

Makes up for my dog stocks, like Clinical Cell Culture! ;)

I seem to be posting to myself.
Is no one else interested in the potential with FMG???

After closing yesterday at $2.88, I decided I'd accumulate more under $3.
Whoa!
Checking just before 10:30 this morning, I noticed they had spiked to $3.41.
For me, buying in at $2.51 two weeks ago, this is great news.

Geoff.

sour grapes for congratulating the guy? im truely happy for him. but, as i said, at this stage they are paper profits. we cant offer specific advice, but if his holdings are large or his portfolio has become overweight from the gain, then perhaps selling down and locking in some gains could be considered.

and no, unfortunately my investments havent been as successful. but im on target for my own goal. im pretty tight with my stops in both directions atm.

As SenTineL has pointed out people reading these threads are primarily interested in information and analysis and less in how many shares people hold or how much the price has gone up.

If the price goes up, it would be interesting to read why you believe this to be so, rather than how much money it made you. So please, lets try and focus a little more on content and adding some value to the thread.

Thank you for your co-operation. :)

I for one think the latest price move is largely affected by the BHP and RIO deal announced today. FMG will basically be the second largest producer out of the pilbara after the JV.

Interesting trading ahead in the next week no doubt

The rise can be attributed to :
(1) general positive market
(2)strength in bhp/rio flowing on to other resource stock
(3)the JV announcement;

After reading the announcement, its clear there are many synergies and cost savings that can occur for the JV due to existing FMG infrastructure and nearby projects in a fairly remote region. Its a fairly cost effective way for FMG to expand/gain further exposure in the Pilbara.

It makes you wonder if there are other JV oportunities in the region.

Although they may be the second largest ore producer in the pilbara, for some reason i cant put them in the same league as bhp/rio. Maybe because they are relatively new and have less of a history, or the fact they are one dimensional(iron ore only).

still a lot of upside to this stock when the economy/ore price rebounds.

Dissclosure: I dont hold and never have.

The rise can be attributed to :
(1) general positive market
(2)strength in bhp/rio flowing on to other resource stock
(3)the JV announcement;

Up 13.5% on June 5 with a good announcement and BHP/RIO news, and today up another 15.4%, on no real news (that I have heard). Anyone enlighten me further with their theory? Or is this a continuation of response to the original news (even though FMG fell slightly yesterday).
cheers Jbocker

I'ld say its partially the ongoing effect of BHP/RIO JV
and the detail of FMG's agreement with BC? iron, I think production will be 50% to FMG

Ok this is the trade. FMG rallying on the back of BHP/RIO JV being forced to open rail way to 3rd party. If they do - FMG can increase production and ship more ore per annum therefore increase the valuation of the company which China could potentially takeover at some stage.

if this is the case.. what has caused todays 16% jump on opening?? i just dont get it :confused:

shouldnt the news of the joint venture be over now and the prices stabilised... or has resource prices climbed today??

big volume today

the day traders are all over this one

I bought on the open yesterday, up 33% since then

the reason I bought was simple

with bhp/rio tie-up

fmg will be the No1 target of Chinese investment, given their already strong links

therefore, every man and his dog wants to jump on board.

the Chart is screaming to buy for days

have traded this stock many times

IMO

BCI is only a minnow. Whatever it does should not have affected FMG's sp by very much.

I have no idea on what is driving FMG up by so much, all I have to say is the market will do what the market will do.

Maybe it is just taking a random walk on the wild side.

How do you guys learn who owns all the railways and who uses them etc running through the Pilbara and the rest of WA? Is there an easy way of doing it or is it a matter of sitting down with a map and ploughing through annual reports?

In regards the FMG's rallying, I suspect that it can be at least partially attributed to speculation of Chinese investment in it. There is no doubt that the Chinese are bitter regarding the RIO/BHP deal and they definitely want to get their hands on some Iron ore assets. I guess FMG is the next best thing. Wish I bought last week!

Have you heard of this internet company called Google?

I suggest googling Google, and then punch in some things like:

Rail maps in WA
Rail lines of BHP, RIO, FMG

etc.

Maybe even use the 'map' search.

Good luck!!!

Here's one I found, lots more..

http://content.edgar-online.com/edgar_conv_img/2007/11/26/0001156973-07-001712_U54234U5423427.GIF

Ah cheers of course. Bit of a dumb question, new to all this. Ta

Having a look at that map makes you realise how much of a great deal BHP got out of the JV. They could have been in strife had RIO cooperated with Chinalco in regards to their ability to compete in Iron Ore

Also, check the most recent presentations from all three companies on their websites regarding IO. They'll have maps of their lines and probably the competition as well. I reckon you google the companies, find their web sites and keep them as favourites for later on. Your on line broker will also have all the previous announcements from the companies that will include presentations.