Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Did you know?

UK manufacturing declined 2.9% in November 2008. Total output in the previous 12 months fell 7.4%. The annual drop is the biggest since June 1981.
Information from the Office of National Statistics.

Companies in the UK continue to collapse. Yesterday "Land of Leather" was put into receivership as customers avoid big ticket items.

Companies in the UK continue to collapse. Yesterday "Land of Leather" was put into receivership as customers avoid big ticket items.
The number of smaller companies, particularly in the finance, building and motor sector are collapsing at a very high rate. AP Driveline a clutch manufacturer with 237 staff collapsed today and is typical of the hundreds of failures every week.

Did you know that a group called RUN DMC is the first Rap or Hip/Hop band to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame today.

Fantastic Old School Hip Hop! :)

Walk This Way R.I.P Jam Master Jay

Raising Hell R.I.P Jam Master Jay

...that very many open central heating boiler systems have wrongly piped overflows. They should flow back into the central heating feed tank and not into the cold water feed tank.

...that very many open central heating boiler systems have wrongly piped overflows. They should flow back into the central heating feed tank and not into the cold water feed tank.

That sounds great until your cold! Watch Cinderella Man! Reality ready to come, but humanity undenied!

That sounds great until your cold! Watch Cinderella Man! Reality ready to come, but humanity undenied!
Hi, I'm not sure what that has to do with a central heating overflow pipe???

On a more topical matter. Caesar Nerva was the first libertarian and brought about the first welfare payments in AD97. Gloucester in England has a statue in his honour and many roads in Italy are named after him.
Nerva reigned for less than two years as Emperor, dieing of a fever on January 25th, AD98.

Hi, I'm not sure what that has to do with a central heating overflow pipe???

On a more topical matter. Caesar Nerva was the first libertarian and brought about the first welfare payments in AD97. Gloucester in England has a statue in his honour and many roads in Italy are named after him.
Nerva reigned for less than two years as Emperor, dieing of a fever on January 25th, AD98.

Did you know Nouria?

The first city to create the 8 hour working day was Melbourne.
The first city in the world to give women the vote was Adelaide.
The first city in the world to have a LABOR party government in the world was Brisbane.
The first city in the world to introduce laws for the Mardi-Gras was Sydney.
The only state in Australia that never signed the Federal Constitution of Australia was Western Australia.
The first bushranger in Australian history came from Tasmania

Let's respect each other and care about each other. We're all different but we are all Aussie at the same time! ;)

NOT ONE NATION, BUT all different and all AUSSIES!

Did you know Nouria?

The first city to create the 8 hour working day was Melbourne.
The first city in the world to give women the vote was Adelaide.
The first city in the world to have a LABOR party government in the world was Brisbane.
The first city in the world to introduce laws for the Mardi-Gras was Sydney.
The only state in Australia that never signed the Federal Constitution of Australia was Western Australia.
The first bushranger in Australian history came from Tasmania

Let's respect each other and care about each other. We're all different but we are all Aussie at the same time! ;)

NOT ONE NATION, BUT all different and all AUSSIES!
I thought it was Wellington, NZ, that had the 8 hour day in 1840.

Wyoming Territory was the first place to give women the vote in 1869. First country was NZ in 1893.

The first bushranger was John "black" Caesar of Sydney. He was shot dead in 1796.

I thought WA became a member on 1st January 1901. The others became members on 1st August 1893 at the Corowa Conference.

I heard this opinion on TV, haven't checked it properly yet:

Blueberries, if you eat about 200g a day, will improve memory in people over the age of 65.

If you drink four or five cups of coffee each day, it will reduce the chance of you getting Alzheimer disease by up to 60%.

As I say, not properly researched as yet.

I heard this opinion on TV, haven't checked it properly yet:

If you drink four or five cups of coffee each day, it will reduce the chance of you getting Alzheimer disease by up to 60%.

As I say, not properly researched as yet.

Doesn't matter, I'm in, just gotta find something for the other 40% :D

... why were the first false teeth called "Waterloo Teeth"? The teeth were taken from dead soldiers after the battle of Waterloo. It was a lucrative trade.

Saluting: This came from Medieval Knights. When they approached one another on horse back they raised their visors with their right hand.

...seawater does freeze. It just freezes more slowly. The salt is pushed downwards leaving the ice salt free.

Saluting: This came from Medieval Knights. When they approached one another on horse back they raised their visors with their right hand.

Haha...did you watch The Last Castle with Robert Redford the other night as well? :)