Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

Defending Brett Kavanaugh

who tried to destroy a decent and honourable man.

His response to the selection committee proved beyond doubt that he is not a decent and honourable man. Just a biased partisan who under no circumstances should be given that role.

Brett Kavanaugh might yet be impeached before Donald Trump.

There is a very intriguing video clip of Brett Kavanaugh trying to avoid an answer to a very direct question. Remember he is a Supreme Court judge at the moment...

Brett Kavanaugh 'likely' to be investigated for perjury, House judiciary member says
Multiple Democrats on the House panel seen discussing latest Supreme Court justice's possible impeachment
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...crats-house-judiciary-committee-a8740831.html

We all do stupid things as teenagers, but for a Supreme Court judge there has to be high standards.
This is one of the replies I remember.

If you are going to set standards to be accused by, then at least be consistent:

This is one of the replies I remember.

If you are going to set standards to be accused by, then at least be consistent:

Pity you didn't remember my comments at post 13.

If he was going to VP, Obama's staff would have vetted Biden intensely to see if there was anything embarrassing in his past. Obviously they found nothing.

Why these allegations come up now is a matter of suspicion in my view.

Anyway, that's another thread. The US is another country and I don't have a lot of interest either way, but as a principle which could be applied here it seems another case of guilt by accusation, a tactic which didn't stand up (eventually) in a certain high profile case in this country.

PS I don't think you are being particularly consistent yourself if you defended Kavanaugh but demonise Biden for essentially the same matter.

Pity you didn't remember my comments at post 13.

If he was going to VP, Obama's staff would have vetted Biden intensely to see if there was anything embarrassing in his past. Obviously they found nothing.

Why these allegations come up now is a matter of suspicion in my view.

Anyway, that's another thread. The US is another country and I don't have a lot of interest either way, but as a principle which could be applied here it seems another case of guilt by accusation, a tactic which didn't stand up (eventually) in a certain high profile case in this country.

PS I don't think you are being particularly consistent yourself if you defended Kavanaugh but demonise Biden for essentially the same matter.
I don't believe in Biden being guilty with no evidence/trial. I think he is a creeper off past videos. There is definitely something with him invading personal spaces.

But I'm not the one that ran my mouth saying we should accuse someone without evidence.
Dems should apply their standards to themselves.

I don't believe in Biden being guilty with no evidence/trial. I think he is a creeper off past videos. There is definitely something with him invading personal spaces.

But I'm not the one that ran my mouth saying we should accuse someone without evidence.
Dems should apply their standards to themselves.

Mo where were you went this come up

"At least 17 women have accused Donald Trump of varying inappropriate behavior, including allegations of sexual harassment or sexual assault, all but one coming forward with their accusations before or during his bid for the White House.

The latest accusation came days ago from writer E. Jean Carroll, more than two years into Trump’s presidency, prompting a new denial from Trump."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/list-trumps-accusers-allegations-sexual-misconduct/story?id=51956410

BTW I have no doubt Biden did it same as Trump and Kavanaugh difference being Kavanaugh should have been kicked out no room in the highest courts for doubt.

More evidence against Sleepy Joe than Kavanaugh. Or Pell.
The Democrats can't seriously be planning to let Biden loose in a public debate with the Donald:eek:.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/opin...ies-not-credible-kavanaugh-column/1497661002/
"..Put aside Christine Blasey Ford's emotional performance. Her testimony revealed her as a witness whose memories change at her convenience.
...Ford’s testimony is completely devoid of credibility:..Ford’s allegations do not even meet the preponderance of evidence standard.
Yes, victims must be believed. But Ford is not a victim — at least not of Kavanaugh."

USA Today: 3 October 2018 - Margot Cleveland Opinion contributor. Margot Cleveland is a lawyer and an adjunct instructor at the University of Notre Dame.

[
Mo where were you went this come up

"At least 17 women have accused Donald Trump of varying inappropriate behavior, including allegations of sexual harassment or sexual assault, all but one coming forward with their accusations before or during his bid for the White House.

The latest accusation came days ago from writer E. Jean Carroll, more than two years into Trump’s presidency, prompting a new denial from Trump."

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/list-trumps-accusers-allegations-sexual-misconduct/story?id=51956410

BTW I have no doubt Biden did it same as Trump and Kavanaugh difference being Kavanaugh should have been kicked out no room in the highest courts for doubt.
I stand in the same place as always. Take it to court. I don't believe either side accused or victim. But they have the utmost right to seek justice. If they had track form that's a different story. But there's a hundred reasons people get accused. And I want at least a minimal amount of evidence before accusing someone.

I'm not accusing Biden. But if the dems are suddenly going to act like all of a sudden women shouldn't be "heard". Don't you think that flies in the face of everything they have been ranting about the last 3 years?

"Live by the sword" and all that.

1600554203384.png

The Brett Kavananagh allegations of misconduct are coming back. Be interesting to see the fallout from this documentary that explores how the FBI (didn't) investigate the original accusations of his behaviour as a college student.

The FBI tip line that was set up is referred to as “a graveyard”, with 4,500 tips sent straight to the White House rather than being investigated. It’s referred to as another “cover-up”.

‘I hope this triggers outrage’: surprise Brett Kavanaugh documentary premieres at Sundance

Covertly-made Justice, from director Doug Liman, shows to sold-out audience and shines new light on allegations of sexual assault
4998.jpg

Brett Kavanaugh. ‘The people that chose to participate in the movie are heroes,’ Liman said. Photograph: Jim Watson/AFP/Getty Images

Benjamin_Lee.png

Benjamin Lee in Park City
Sun 22 Jan 2023 01.10 AEDTLast modified on Sun 22 Jan 2023 01.11 AEDT

A secretly made documentary expanding on allegations of sexual assault against supreme court justice Brett Kavanaugh has premiered at this year’s Sundance film festival.

Justice, a last-minute addition to the schedule, aims to shine a light not only on the women who have accused Kavanaugh, a Donald Trump nominee, but also the failed FBI investigation into the allegations.

2400.jpg
Sundance 2023: films to look out for at this year’s festival

Read more
“I do hope this triggers outrage,” said producer Amy Herdy in a Q&A after the premiere in Park City, Utah. “I do hope that this triggers action, I do hope that this triggers additional investigation with real subpoena powers.”

The film provides a timeline of the allegations, initially that Kavanaugh was accused by Christine Blasey Ford of sexual assault when she was 15 and he 17. She alleged that he held her down on a bed and groped her, and tried to rip her clothes off before she got away. Kavanaugh was also accused of sexual misconduct by Deborah Ramirez, who alleged that he exposed himself and thrust his penis at her face without her consent at a college party.

It's interesting to see that Donald Trump himself said that Brett Kavanagh owed his Supreme Court position because of his support.

FBI failed to fully investigate Kavanaugh allegations, say Democrats
This article is more than 1 year old
Group of senators say letter from Chris Wray shows the FBI gathered more than 4,500 tips without any apparent further action

..Then-president Donald Trump selected Kavanaugh as his nominee for the supreme court and refused to turn to an alternative choice when Kavanaugh became engulfed in the scandal of Blasey Ford’s allegations.

One of the new books out on Trump this summer, Landslide by Michael Wolff, claims that Trump later said Kavanaugh was “totally disgraced” by the sexual assault allegations levelled against him during the heated confirmation hearings in 2018 and would have been rejected by the Senate had Trump not defended him.

Wolff writes that Trump said of the judge: “I saved his life. He wouldn’t even be in a law firm. Who would have had him? Nobody. Totally disgraced. Only I saved him.”

‘Where Would He Be Without Me?’: Trump Rips Into Kavanaugh In New Book​

It's interesting to see that Donald Trump himself said that Brett Kavanagh owed his Supreme Court position because of his support.

FBI failed to fully investigate Kavanaugh allegations, say Democrats
This article is more than 1 year old
Group of senators say letter from Chris Wray shows the FBI gathered more than 4,500 tips without any apparent further action

..Then-president Donald Trump selected Kavanaugh as his nominee for the supreme court and refused to turn to an alternative choice when Kavanaugh became engulfed in the scandal of Blasey Ford’s allegations.

One of the new books out on Trump this summer, Landslide by Michael Wolff, claims that Trump later said Kavanaugh was “totally disgraced” by the sexual assault allegations levelled against him during the heated confirmation hearings in 2018 and would have been rejected by the Senate had Trump not defended him.

Wolff writes that Trump said of the judge: “I saved his life. He wouldn’t even be in a law firm. Who would have had him? Nobody. Totally disgraced. Only I saved him.”

‘Where Would He Be Without Me?’: Trump Rips Into Kavanaugh In New Book​

There was no evidence, or evidence that they even met. Pretty sure her father and friends disputed fords story.