An excellent CSL day, today.

Of interest toooooooooooo:
18/08/22 Course of sales:
4:43:16 PM 299.200 188,544 56,412,364.800 CXA LT
4:39:11 PM 299.200 188,544 56,412,364.800 CXA

Not holding.

Kind regards
rcw1

CSL continues to pour hundreds of millions of dollars into R&D.

CSL boss Paul Perreault sums it up :
If I was worried about fiscal year 2023 in terms of delivering on what we’re going to do, then I shouldn’t be sitting in this chair, to be honest. This is a long lead time business – I have to think about it 10 years from now because nobody else is.”

CSL fully participated in the since-June rally, then instead of falling away like many others in August it just coiled up.

Nice breakout of a tight pattern today...

1662618490638.png

CSL fully participated in the since-June rally, then instead of falling away like many others in August it just coiled up.
a bit further down the track and CSL holding up well (a bit hard comparing it to the index when it is quite a significant element of the composition)

Today, CSL confirmed a forecast for revenue growth of 7 per cent to 11 per cent on top of last year’s top line, and retained its profit guidance for financial 2023

Net profit after tax will be between $US2.4 billion and $2.5 billion, for growth of 10 per cent to 14 per cent on a “like-for-like” basis.

Both forecasts are in constant currency terms but exclude the benefit of the Vifor acquisition and a contribution from non-recurring COVID-19 vaccines.

A market update on 17 Oct will provide reset guidance that includes the Vifor deal.

CSL Vifor’s iron deficiency business is the “jewel in the crown ” of the newly acquired company, according to CSL chief executive Paul Perreault, who dismissed market concerns about what would happen when patents protecting its flagship product expire in 2023 and 2028.

In the company’s first major briefing on its strategy for the Vifor business, Mr Perreault said he was always being asked about “IP cliffs" but he was bullish about the future of the iron business because of the complexity in manufacturing these products.

One of the biggest near-term opportunities for Vifor’s iron deficiency business is the potential expansion in the US of the indication for its flagship Ferinject drug, called Injectafer there, for heart failure. The drug is used widely for heart failure in Europe already.
"There is a lot more to this business than just viewing it as an earnings erosion story following loss of exclusivity,” Perreult said. “I thought plasma manufacturing was hard, iron is harder. In many ways it’s similar to plasma – it’s gunky, it’s unloved and has a complex manufacturing process which is very difficult to replicate. “There are enormous opportunities to grow the iron franchise – to drive new indications, expand into new geographies and improve access."

and there's a 97 page R & D Investor Briefing presentation out today

CSL Highlights Progress Across Strong R&D Pipeline

Will use bits from the AFR summary, to highlight a few matters

1. CSL has a 91 per cent success rate of progressing its R&D projects to the next clinical stage - a remarkable statistic given the biotech company’s investment in early-stage research. ..... this figure would have been helped along by its less ambitious R&D strategy between the 1990s and 2010, but also the strength of the company’s core immunoglobulin-based products business.
Now we’ve gotten into pathway medicine, it’s become tricker, but the fact we’ve maintained that [91 per cent] says that we’re choosing wisely, and we’re taking bets where it makes sense, and not for no reason at all. “But we’re 40 years into [plasma products] and we haven’t seen peak sales yet, which is remarkable. What that does for an organisation, this kind of predictable sales, is it allows us not to panic.
“I don’t care what news you read, Merck, J&J, they’re looking for ways to replace the lost revenue from some blockbuster product... they start to make bets that maybe they wouldn’t make [otherwise], and there’s a hidden impetus to overreach. The plasma business keeps us from making panicked decisions.”

2. Head of research and development Bill Mezzanotte said in its 10 potential “standard of care” treatments, there were three that could be blockbuster drugs, with either huge market sizes, or high price points.

3. CSL 112, SNF472 and Kcentra for trauma [are said to have] the biggest earning potential: “The impact of this suite of products across this suite of diseases is in the millions of patients, and that will translate into [billions] of dollars."

4. EtranaDez looks poised to become the world’s first gene therapy for haemophilia B. CSL expects a decision from the US Food and Drug Administration in late November, with the therapy having been accepted for priority review. If it is approved, Dr Mezzanotte said it would hit the market in the first quarter of calendar year 2023. Analysts expect the therapy could sell for $US2 million-plus for a single dose.

5. In the vaccines business, in which it is investing in cell-based influenza vaccines, but also establishing a next-generation self-amplifying mRNA capability. Vaccines help protect against infectious diseases by giving instructions to cells in the body to make a protein, stimulating the immune response and leaving a blueprint to recognise and fight future infection. Self-amplifying mRNA also instructs the body to replicate mRNA, amplifying the amount of protein made.
Despite starting behind the likes of Moderna and Pfizer, “We believe the tech we have with Arcturus and CSL together will position us to be competitive with the guys who are way in front of us, and we’ll be able to show the advantages of the self-amplifying element, which means lower doses... [and] a single vaccine with genes for multiple variants."

It's been a long three years for CSL investors while price has traded in this large $100 range.
In the medium term CSL looks likely to hit $300 again soon. Then it'll move slowly to new all time highs. Monthly chart posted.

csl1.PNG

It's been a long three years for CSL investors while price has traded in this large $100 range.
In the medium term CSL looks likely to hit $300 again soon. Then it'll move slowly to new all time highs. Monthly chart posted.

View attachment 149556
Good evening peter2
rcw1 trades CSL, when SP hovers around that $240-$270 mark, so not often then :)
Magnificent stock really. Great Aussie story, smart people, smart company.
Have a very nice evening.

Not holding.

Kind regards
rcw1

We all Learn the Hard Way

I once had a few CSL @ ~$ 2.00ea in the days when everyone always only had a "few "
My broker advised me to sell @ ~$6.00
He said
" You can't go broke taking profits"

Well, He was so very very WRONG!!!

I ended up losing my first Ship
XYZ Yacht.GIF

That is what I call "Learning the Hard Way"

We all Learn the Hard Way

I once had a few CSL @ ~$ 2.00ea in the days when we all always only had a "few "
My broker advised me to sell @ ~$6.00
He said
" You can't go broke taking profits"

Well, He was so very very WRONG!!!

I ended up losing my first Ship
View attachment 149561
That is what I call "Learning the Hard Way"
Hello Captain_Chaza
Yep rcw1 hearing ya... In a similar boat ... circa maybe 94 ... it sunk ha ha ha ha

Kind regards
rcw1

Might be time to put CSL on the buy list if this report is true.
From The Guardian
US drug regulators have approved a one-off gene-therapy treatment for adults with the genetic blood disorder hemophilia B that frees patients from repeated treatments but costs $3.5m a dose, making it the most expensive medicine in the world.

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved CSL Behring’s hemophilia B gene therapy Hemgenix on Tuesday. It cuts the number of bleeding events expected over the course of a year by over half, a study found, and frees 94% of patients from the need for regular infusions to control the condition.

“Gene therapy for hemophilia has been on the horizon for more than two decades,” said Peter Marks, director of the FDA’s Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research. Marks said the approval “represents important progress in the development of innovative therapies for those experiencing a high burden of disease associated with this form of hemophilia”.

Hemophilia B represents 15% of hemophilia patients, occurs mostly in men and is prevalent in about one in 40,000 of the population. Women who carry the disease often have no symptoms.
No further comment needed.
Mick

EtranaDez looks poised to become the world’s first gene therapy for haemophilia B. CSL expects a decision from the US Food and Drug Administration in late November, with the therapy having been accepted for priority review. If it is approved, Dr Mezzanotte said it would hit the market in the first quarter of calendar year 2023. Analysts expect the therapy could sell for $US2 million-plus for a single dose.
No further comment needed.
Mick
I'll say no more

All good, what I like is that they said it would happen, and it does. On time :)

So, who's going to cough up $2+ mill for a single dose ... only a National Health scheme/ PBS? The maths must be that ongoing medical care must be more, for a subset of potential patients. I wonder who gets to play God?

All good, what I like is that they said it would happen, and it does. On time :)

So, who's going to cough up $2+ mill for a single dose ... only a National Health scheme/ PBS? The maths must be that ongoing medical care must be more, for a subset of potential patients. I wonder who gets to play God?

According to this article the lifetime cost of treating for moderate to severe hemophillia B is US21 to 23 million, so Hemgenix would make economic sense.

A relatively short time at CSL after coming across from Biogen. He must have made an impression.

CSL has appointed Dr Paul McKenzie as Chief Executive Officer and Managing Director of CSL from 06 March 2023.

Dr McKenzie will succeed Mr Paul Perreault, who has advised the Board of his intention to retire after serving 10 years in the role, and more than 25 years with the company. Dr McKenzie has been appointed following a thorough process conducted by the Board.

Currently serving as CSL’s Chief Operating Officer, Dr McKenzie, will immediately join the Board of Directors as an Executive Director and will become CEO and Managing Director on 06 March 2023. Mr Perreault will step down as CEO and from the CSL Board of Directors on 06 March 2023 and he will remain with the company as a strategic adviser to assist in an orderly transition until he retires on 06 September 2023.

Dr McKenzie has more than 30 years of leadership experience in the global biotechnology industry, including managing complex organisations through compelling growth and transformation. Since joining CSL as COO in 2019, Dr McKenzie has been accountable for optimising CSL’s operations as well as growing the CSL Seqirus, CSL Plasma, and CSL Vifor businesses. He transformed CSL’s global end-to-end operations, advanced CSL Seqirus’ differentiated portfolio strategy, and led CSL Plasma through COVID-19 challenges while surpassing plasma collection volumes beyond pre-pandemic levels.

These guys long term tip for the year is CSL for $400. It's based on charting but the points appear relevant.

Mmmm. I've been watching and waiting for for this one to dip to my $ 280 order put on just before Xmas.
Almost got there but not quite.
Hopefully, the world's biggest sharemarket takes a bit of a dive in the new year. I might get lucky.
Hardly anything else in OZ interests me, at the moment.
Thanks for the vid.

Here we go. I must be the only d*ck on this forum to pay 300 bucks for a single share.
Got 10 grand worth at $278 , bang on opening this morning.
As they say in the classics ... " It's a start "
Ain't got a clue where to enter for the next hit, though.
It's all in the charts, they say.
Can't see a damned thing.
Blind.....as......a......bat.

Here we go. I must be the only d*ck on this forum to pay 300 bucks for a single share.
Got 10 grand worth at $278 , bang on opening this morning.
As they say in the classics ... " It's a start "
Ain't got a clue where to enter for the next hit, though.
It's all in the charts, they say.
Can't see a damned thing.
Blind.....as......a......bat.
good on ya dyna for having a chop. Difficult to tame, CSL, most dynamic beast. rcw1 likes to have a play anywhere btw $250 and $270.
Good fortune with it.

Kind regards
rcw1