Australian (ASX) Stock Market Forum

CDA - Codan Limited

Admit it - you're encouraged a little - I am anyway.
On broker calls I hope someone at Bell Potter is embarrassed by their 5 Feb note downgrading Imdex to a sell. IMD rallied hard on its H1 release and peaked at 2.13

Screenshot_20240302-190857_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
It's about time CDA got moving higher again. Surely with the POG rising so rapidly everyone who's travelling around Aust must buy a gold detector and have it handy in the caravan. Seems that we're waiting for the next news report.

cda2.PNG

Bought at $11 (iSL at 10.20), still holding.

Are they in cahoots?
Yesterday a price slump following a broker downgrade:

11 June
Broker Moves
• SiteMinder Raised to Overweight at Wilsons; PT A$6.50
• Brambles Raised to Overweight at Morgan Stanley; PT A$16.60
• Codan Ltd Cut to Neutral at Macquarie; PT A$11.15
• Cauldron Energy Rated New Speculative Buy at Euroz
• Northern Minerals Raised to Speculative Buy at Ord Minnett
• APM Human Services Cut to Hold at Bell Potter; PT A$1.45

While today:

13 June
Broker Movers
  • Codan Ltd Rated New Buy at UBS; PT A$13.10
  • Champion Iron Raised to Outperform at Macquarie; PT A$7.90
  • Lovisa Cut to Hold at Jefferies; PT A$35
  • Seek Raised to Overweight at JPMorgan; PT A$26.50

I'm sorry @peter2 but my stonk boutique clients (not subscribers) are investors, not fickle and cynical traders creaming off price exuberance from the naive. My clients had to pass strict selective criteria and even so, the list got too big and is now closed to entrants.

But let's not get distracted from the subject of the thread - dynamic Codan (CDA)

Last week CDA was making 12 month highs. This week the wheels fell off and I'm going to assume this is some entity or entities intentionally not hanging around for the full year results to be handed down 22 Aug. Heightened volume too. Here's hoping. This is now my biggest holding.

Held
Holding

DAILY
big (34).gif

Have to be happy with CDA's results for FY24. Debt has grown a bit, but its under my threshold and I like that they openly say it was partly to pay for dividends. Other metrics are solid, cashflow impacted by the acquisition.

Screen Shot 2024-08-22 at 9.10.34 am.png

Have to be happy with CDA's results for FY24. Debt has grown a bit, but its under my threshold and I like that they openly say it was partly to pay for dividends. Other metrics are solid, cashflow impacted by the acquisition.

View attachment 182967
Taking debt to pay for dividends
Once you turn and turn it over, isn't it exactly the definition of a ponzi scheme?
Except the lending banks will get their money back..not specific to CDA btw

CDA - part of the (Information Technology) leading sector over the year.

Great looking 6 monthly daily chart but has run very hard …

September has arrived, expect a pull back shortly to consolidate.

I continue to hold …

1725170471151.png

Great looking 6 monthly daily chart but has run very hard …

September has arrived, expect a pull back shortly to consolidate.
I agree. Chart looks quite ok but I am considering trimming. I estimate it's become overvalued again. Currently my biggest holding. Too overweight intuitively. I hate selling down a great company that becomes wildly overvalued but if I don't I will have to deplete an already inadequate cash weighting in order to take advantage of the inevitable correction. Been buying too many stocks lately. Never know when the big axe drops. Last time I started trimming CDA because of a valuation concern it went on to fricken double, lol.
It's good but it is not worth a PE= 33, Price/Book Value = 6

Held
Trading stance

^^^
Not 'market sensitive' but think I should amend my sentinent of 'Holding' to 'Trading Stance'.
If I get an attractive offer I intend to lighten but will hold a majority of my shares

Has moved back to the moving averages. Been on a tear-away in recent weeks.

Time for CDA to consolidate, there is where trailing stops come into play subject to your rules. I continue to hold …

Typical September drama.

Nice bounce in the US overnight. Futures here looking good, we’ll see where CDA is placed at the end of the day …

A quick glance of things ->

1725912180393.png

1725912078821.png