Img_0675.jpg

Img_0766.jpg

Img_0814.jpg

Img_0872.jpg

Img_1030.jpg

Img_1041.jpg

Img_1138.jpg

Img_1177.jpg

It was coming home after my Euro trip in 2006 that I decided I needed to find a day job that will let me keep travelling continually. I think I found this forum not long after coming home ;)

Was in Singapore / Honkers last year, possibly going to Delhi for work in a few weeks, Singapore and Bangkok in May and Nyoo Zuhland in August.

Took this photo at Cerro Rico, Potosi, Bolivia its a sliver / tin mine that funded Spain for a few century's.
Average life span for an indigenous miner doesn't get past 30 / 40 years the mountain is full of asbestos.

We met this guy who was called superman he was 50 years old a rarity, he asked if we wanted to see an explosion?

When we said yes he casually grabbed the stick popped in a det and fuse lit it then tossed it over the side showing us in dust a debris. At this point I didn't care as I had been drinking with other miners (Con Pardres day) a clear white spirit out of some thing that looked just like a 4 litre paint tin.....

Attachments

• ASF Super man Boliva Potosi Cerro Rico.jpg
    ASF Super man Boliva Potosi Cerro Rico.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 170
One for the forum surfers

This is Rio Nexpa in Mexico see the hut to the far left with the two coconut palms, slept there in a hammock for 34 nights, used to wake up thinking I was home in Oz I was so comfortable, also no mossies go a hundred meters inland it was a different story.

Surfed every day from small too frigging huge........

Attachments

• ASF Rio Nexpa Mexico.jpg
    ASF Rio Nexpa Mexico.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 183
Not my pictures, but from my partner's recent trek to the Himalayas (January 08)

Attachments

• checking camera download 226.jpg
    checking camera download 226.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 150
  • checking camera download 294.jpg
    checking camera download 294.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 148
Gday ifocus
Fantastic photo, give me more, how long ago were you there, was it crowded? spent some time in mehico at porto escon many moons ago, powerful surf, great people, good beer dos equis

From my wife's tour of southern China last year (Kunming area).

The future head of the BOC contemplating the value of the up-and-coming global reserve currency :D

GP

Attachments

• ChinaKid.jpg
    ChinaKid.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 123
Gday ifocus
Fantastic photo, give me more, how long ago were you there, was it crowded? spent some time in mehico at porto escon many moons ago, powerful surf, great people, good beer dos equis

Hi Adam took 12 months traveling / surfing down from the US through to South America 1987 / 88

Surfed Puerto Escondito for a week or so although the beach break in the end got too big 15 to 20 feet so ended up surfing a couple of K's down the end at a point pretty awesome.

Another place I surfed on the way down Mexico was Pascuales double the power of Escondito but 1/2 the size. When I 1st arrived there were coconuts every where in the break with the odd coconut tree floating around.

There had been a cyclone days before which I went through just up the road at Cuyutlan first realization I had was waking up to horizontal rain in my room it was a wild night.

Picture of the motel I stayed in at Pascuales, very classy, spend two weeks there it was very handy stepping out of my room straight into the break LOL

Attachments

• Pascuales.jpg
    Pascuales.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 101
  • Pascuales motel.jpg
    Pascuales motel.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 108
Yes nice Keenas but look at these cute kids.
~

Attachments

• Cutekids.JPG
    Cutekids.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 181
Those building's are a credit to the engineers, designers and builders all built by hand and with out modern equipment like laser levelers, back hoes and AWU.
Nice work re trip around the world.

Yes Glen, thats what makes them even more so, the Castles, the Churches etc, the architecture is just magnificent.

As I have said before it should be compulsory for every OZ to travel to some poorer country even China and see how they live , meat sold in open markets, live chickens, ducks etc'

When they come back they will appreciate OZ not think a missing w/end getting drunk and speaking shorthand it the way to go, however they way things are going in a few years it could all be in their own back yard..

Oh, how gorgeous Kennas, thanks for sharing.

This thread has motivated me going through my own photos.

What a wonderful world.

Yes, what a wonderful world. :)

View attachment 48727

do the natives or chinese fry/dry them, and are they any good. most of mine stunk so bad our hunger went west very very quickly-seals, goats, posums etc and fed the eels.
i feel bad, but those groper look tasty too. a pic of a green/blue groper would b good. theres plenty just down from your place. taste better than your chook imo....